Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Persuader Gallery (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Persuader Gallery
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Have a slice of pie and come enjoy the cutting-edge creative work of Legionworlders in the Persuader Gallery! Join us starting December 1st!

We love brand new submissions (stories, poems, prose, novels, paintings, drawings, photomanips, action figures, statues, busts, micros, etchings, etc.) but we certainly want your existing work posted in the galleries too! Come join us all month long starting on the 1st for the shindig!

Go here to vote for the next gallery:
Click here to vote!

Go here to view past galleries:
Andromeda & Shadow Lass/Umbra: A Retrospective
The ProFem/ProDude ProWing
The Back To School Collection
The Swimsuit Collection
The Royal Wing of Princess Projectra
The L Word Wing (Leeta 87 & The Lallorians)
The Hate Face / Love Karate Kid Wing
The Gallery of the Legion of Super-Villains
The Chemical King and White Witch Wing
Cupid's Wing - The Couples Gallery
The WaK Wing - On Deck Circle
The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing
The Halloween Gallery
The Gim Gallery
The Substitute-Heroes Collection
The Founders' Wing
The Wing Wing
The Timberwolf Wing
The Luornu Durgo Collection
The Mano Wing

- The Curatorial Staff of the Museum of Legion Arts

Edit: Topic typos

[ December 01, 2005, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Bums! I meant to finish my story by now, sorry MEL - I have some time free on Sunday so hopefully will get it here for Monday evening. Though I can't believe I'm the only one with ideas for our favourite axe- wielder!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting that we've already had two of the Fatal Five despite all those Legionnaires running around...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, guess I'll go first then.

Here's the Coh version of The Persuader in action! [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
The competition was simple.

Firstly, which of them would be involved in the greatest battle. Given their shared heritage and culture this was almost unsaid but both accepted it.

Secondly, who would make the most money through the use of their new found weapons.

Nyuen Chun Ti had gripped his clone-grown brother's wrist in the traditional way to mark an agreement, they had nodded in agreement then they both turned towards their seperate solo-crafts. In ten cycles they would return and the winner would take all. As he relaxed into the pressure sensitive Guyi-foam drive couch the craft burst out from the trashed remains of the Minerstown number three Blast-pit. Within twenty minutes he was nearly a dozen light minutes from the Asteroid Archipelago, beyond their sensor grid and system alarms. His brother was out Nyuen's own craft's sensor range already. Switching on the auto- control he summoned a virtual info-screen and scanned for any small scale wars where an enforcer might be needed. His strength and newly won weapon would be useful for whomever would be prepared to pay. Either for service or ransom, either worked. Nyuen smiled a small vicious smile as he found the information he required. Switching off the blue and violet tinged screen with a wave of a hand he closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

Wolf Bebach's ugly face kept appearing before his closed eyes. The bastard was haunting him!

Nyuen wrapped his fingers tighter around the shaft of his magnificent 300 year old techno-weapon. The Atomic Axe was one of only four weapons left from the Challenger Wars of the 27th Century. It was supposed to be able to cut through anything!

Just imagine it - Anything!

He smiled and pictured the effect his Axe ( his Axe!) would have had on the old surly sprocking idiot Wolf Bebach, if only Nyuen hadn't killed him with his bare hands. Again he smiled to himself, remembering the thud as the dead man had collapsed nto the floor, his head lolling awkwardly upon his twisted neck.

Nyuen and his brother had planned it from the first moment they'd seen the old man flaunting his powerful weapons. They'd even decided who would get what afterwards, Nyuen sacrificing some of the loot to get the Axe, he hadn't told his murderous sibling it had called out to him like a lover. His clone-brother had happily agreed to take what Nyuen thought of as the weaker weapon as there was money involved.

Ten years passes as time always has, and probably always will. From the point of those entering the period it is a great stretch, involving much effort and thought, a vast expanse rising up into distant heights misted with probability. From the view of those at the other end it is as if much of it has been skipped, with only the most exciting, heartbreaking, eventful, unexpected and happy periods appearing through temporal invisibility.

Ten years, fourteen wars, nine successful blackmail scams, twenty four ransoms, seventy six lovers, thirteen arrests - three of which involved custodial sentences (though only seven months in total was spent in custody, infamy had brought him many supporters at high levels), fourteen thousand and seventy six deaths directly attributed to his own hands and most importantly, forty one million credits later Nyuen had only to escape from the Science Police houndsman before returning to the now greatly expanded Minerstown facility.

He had heard about his clone-brother's exploits. While Nyuen had taken the direct route and launched his career as an enforcer his brother had chosen a seperate route. Nyuen was always envious of his brother's cunning, the idea of allegiance to a single mob would never have crossed Nyuens mind, he was not as ready to accept orders from only one boss, despite the monetary benefits and sense of security. They had been brought up (ha! Brought up, like dog vomit, a good phrase he thought!) to be strong and capable, fiercely independent and all that a man should be! Well he was all of that, and here on the twelfth moon of Jupiter with the Govenor-General of Jupiter in his grasp he would easily persuade the weak willed boot licker to call off the Science Pigs.

The sudden appearance of giant gripper vines and space serpents fooled him for several vital seconds, allowing the Governor-General to escape. The stupid Legionnaire had revealed her ace card though when she admitted it was illusions. He would not be fooled again as she found when she tried to trap him in quicksand. And this idea that stopping a Sun Eater would mean that the old doofer President of the United Planets would pardon him certainly grabbed Nyuens attention.

A full pardon?

A full pardon weighed against a ten year old bet with his clone-brother.

Damn it, there was no certainty that he wouldn't arrive on the Asteroid Archipelago to find himself double crossed anyway. What loyalty did he have to his brother or their agreement anyway? None, not when a pardon could be gained. Not when he could finally meet these silly Legionnaires and guage their true strength, find out if they were truly as infallible as the Newscasts said. There was much to be gained here if he, Nyuen Chun Ti, used his head as well as his strength.

Let the Black Mace wait.

[ December 05, 2005, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Great story 'binger! I couldn't for the life of me figure out who his brother might be until your reveal at the very end. Black Mace makes so much sense! Awesome!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome story! I've got to get through finals before gettin' any Persuader art done...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Interesting that we've already had two of the Fatal Five despite all those Legionnaires running around...

That's no excuse to not have added anything for us yet Drake [Poke Joke]

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
D'oh! I better get a'drawin...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
My post boot Persuader from 2003:

Click for fullsize image

[ August 03, 2007, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by minesurfer:
My post boot Persuader from 2003:

Really nice! How tall is this figure?

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
His base was the Wonder Man from the Animated Avengers show on Fox in the late 90's early 00's. I think it only lasted one season if that. I switched out heads because I used the Wonder Man head for my Matter Eater Lad.

To answer your question directly though, He's about 5.5 inches in height. If you want to see him in scale with other figures you can go to this site .

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Gah! Can't imagine working that small - it really came out well, minesurfer.

I really liked Vee's CoH version with the bright red and yellow gloves - as if Persuader wants to draw attention to the hands wielding the deadly axe - like that's all you see before you die.

Harbinger - great short story! What a self-serving stinker he is. That would have made an interesting counterpoint to the other Legion "brother" story.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Amazing story, B! And greast work, Vee and minesurfer.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Finals are over so I was finally persuaded to do this:
 -

[ September 10, 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.