Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » FANFIC: Stages of the Mind

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FANFIC: Stages of the Mind
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Cast of Characters:
Spellbinder
Saturn Girl
Cobalt Kid
Arachne
Caliente
Abin Quank
Pagan Lass
Kid Marvel
Disaster Boy

The Beginning:

The LMBP have found themselves in battle with a most villainous robot, the TERMINATOR! Seriously, its sole mission is adapting to the Legionnaires powers and skills and terminates them. So, while they continue to fight the cyber-megalomaniac to no avail, hope arrives in the form of a green light burst!

Pizzazz: Well! It looks like the Legionnaires need some help.

Roxy: The poor babies guess they just can’t cut it.

Jetta: Come on, let’s get this over with!

The Misfits, just four ordinary Rock-N-Roll stars, then, Divine Opal Janell mystically set off a genetic catalyst that caused them to develop what seem to me mutant powers (which would explain the hair color). Pizzazz became a mistress of light. Roxy gained enhanced strength and the ability to create adamant diamond-like structures of various shapes. Stormer gained the ability to project force fields. Jetta became a powerful wielder of dark force energy.
Together they attack the Terminator. Stormer projects force fields on its hands so that it cannot blast them, while Jetta blackens the area so its sensors cannot function properly. Roxy launches a diamond spear at it that penetrates its chest. Pizzazz blasts the spear through and destroys the robot.

Stormer: Great job, guys!

Abin Quank: What the hell?

Jetta: What did you say, yank?

Pizzazz: He’s just upset that he couldn’t finish the job.

Abin Quank: Yeah, what did we do that was so different?

Stormer: Simple, we’re no registered Legionnaires, that thing was only adapting to your specified attacks, not ours.

Just as the Misfits and the Legion argue, a girl stumbles out of the shadows and falls to the ground. Cobalt Kid rushes to her and takes her back to the infirmary. There, they see the girl begin to change into different women, but not like a shape shifter would. Saturn Girl detects that this seems to be a matter of the psyche. After a quick scan, she realizes that this person is familiar to her and the Legion.

Saturn Girl: There is no way to tell who she is, with out going in.

Spellbinder: Her mind is too unstable, even for you; I’m going in with you.

Cobalt Kid: I don’t think any of us feel comfortable sitting on the side lines while you risk your lives, we’re going, too.

Kid Marvel: What about the Misfits?

Pizzazz: Us? The last thing I want to do is rummage through some twits mind.

Roxy: We’re leaving.

Spellbinder: Des, are you sure you can’t find someone else for the job, at least till Viv gets back?

Cobalt Kid merely shrugs and Saturn Girl and Spellbinder mentally link everyone together and plunge into the mysterious girls mind.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Stage One: Innocence

Two faint lights begin to grow brighter, one pink, the other purple. They stem from Saturn Girl and Spellbinder. In those lights, they carry the Legionnaires.

Spellbinder: This place definitely seems familiar.

Caliente: Is that a threshold.

Saturn Girl: Yes, everyone’s mind is set differently.

Arachne: Do we just walk through it?

Saturn Girl: I guess…this place is not only familiar, but odd…

Spellbinder: I know what you mean.

Abin Quank: How so?

Spellbinder: I can use my telekinesis here.

Saturn Girl: Now I really want to get to the bottom of this.

The Legion heads towards the threshold, but before they can walk through it, a green force field is thrown up.

Pagan Lass: There seems to be a mystically quality to this force field.

Spellbinder: A psychokinetic one as well.

On the other side of the field, a lovely young girl appears.

Disaster Boy: She looks familiar.

Cobalt Kid: My God, it’s Kinetixgreen!

Then, a woman in violet seems to appear before them and out of the force field a young man. They are friends of KinetixgreenZoe, known as ViolentViolet and Zoe’s Radion.

ViolentViolet: What are you doing here?

Zoe’s Radion: Do you wish to die?

Arachne: What kind of question is that?

KinetixgreenZoe: That is what will happen, if you pass my field. I cannot stop you from passing onto the next plane, but I wish you to know of the dangers that lie there.

ViolentViolet: They are the dangers that can bring you death.

Spellbinder: Caroline, this is just like Viviane’s brain, really complex, that’s why she is always so hard to read.

Saturn Girl: Then, we have to find out what is really going on or something maybe wrong with Viviane.

Arachne: That could explain her recent departure.

Cobalt Kid: Then we must continue on.

Saturn Girl: We still wish to pass, not matter what the danger.

KinetixgreenZoe: Very well.

KinetixgreenZoe drops her field, the Legion pass through, but the moment they do, they are transported to a foggy realm.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Stage Two: Responsibility

Caliente: I can’t see!

Disaster Boy: I thought you guys said this place is like reality, that our powers work here.

Spellbinder: That’s the assumption, why?

Disaster Boy: I keep trying to clear the fog, but nothing is happening.

Pagan Lass: Perhaps, it’s because this fog is not natural.

Kid Marvel: I see someone. It looks like a woman.

Cobalt Kid: It’s…Rave!

Caliente: Who?

Cobalt Kid: RavenArcanna, she was a temporary ally.

RavenArcanna: This fog is meant to block your way to the next path, you must avoid the witch you cast is, and go the girl you can clear it.

RavenArcanna fades away.

Spellbinder: Wait! Where do we find this girl!?!

The fog thins a little to show a gleaming light.

Saturn Girl: Hurry, before the fog cuts us off!

When the Legion gets to the light, they find that it is a mirror. Saturn Girl peers into the mirror, when she looks at what should be her face, she sees a white haired girl. Saturn Girl looks behind her, and there stands Divine Opal Janell.

Divine Opal Janell: To clear the fog, simply shine the moonlight off this mirror.

Caliente: Whose she?

Abin Quank: My daughter.

Pagan Lass: Don’t ask.

Spellbinder telekinetically points the mirror to the moon. She positions it just right, and the entire plane is covered in moonlight, making the fog transparent. In the middle stands a blond in an old 18th century black dress.

Caliente: Whose she?

Divine Opal Janell: Lady Mary Van Tassel, a potent witch!

Lady Van Tassel: I think it’s time I finished you, little girl!

Divine Opal Janell: Go!

From behind them…

RavenArcanna: Follow me; I will lead you to the next plane.

Cobalt Kid: But…

RavenArcanna: Lady Van Tassel is not yours to defeat, not this day.

RavenArcanna waves her arms and teleports the Legion out of this plane.

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

FEEDBACK IS VERY MUCH WANTED!!!

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.