Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Selected Works of Sun Boy (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Selected Works of Sun Boy
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
April 1st means it's either the April Fools' Opening of the All NUDE Legion of Super-Heroes or else the Selected Works of Sun Boy exhibit here at the Museum of Legion Arts.

Submit HOT creative work featuring Sun Boy (and/or various incarnations/codenames of the character). Join us starting April 1st for the continuity crunching action!

We love brand new submissions (stories, poems, prose, novels, paintings, drawings, photomanips, action figures, statues, busts, micros, etchings, etc.) but we certainly want your existing work posted in the galleries too! Come join us all month long starting on the 1st for the shindig!

Please go here to vote for the next gallery:
Click here to vote!

Check out past galleries:
The Golden Age Legion Gallery
The LSH + LMB Collection
The Power Team Up Exhibit
The Persuader Gallery
Andromeda & Shadow Lass/Umbra: A Retrospective
The ProFem/ProDude ProWing
The Back To School Collection
The Swimsuit Collection
The Royal Wing of Princess Projectra
The L Word Wing (Leeta 87 & The Lallorians)
The Hate Face / Love Karate Kid Wing
The Gallery of the Legion of Super-Villains
The Chemical King and White Witch Wing
Cupid's Wing - The Couples Gallery
The WaK Wing - On Deck Circle
The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing
The Halloween Gallery
The Gim Gallery
The Substitute-Heroes Collection
The Founders' Wing
The Wing Wing
The Timberwolf Wing
The Luornu Durgo Collection
The Mano Wing

- The Curatorial Staff of the Museum of Legion Arts

Edit: Duplicate lines

[ April 02, 2006, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I had lots of free time today and worked out some new stuff with Illustrator, so...

-

Apologies to Barry (Kitson, of course!) for using one of his initial pencil costume shots to help create the picture.

There's a larger version here if anyone's interested: Sun Boy

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa! I just love that!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
A sampling of Sun Boys! Here's Robert Pattison (Cederick Diggory from Harry Pottah):
 -

-

-

[ September 10, 2006, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Star Boy and MEL,
Just wanted to acknowledge your great work! I'll be posting a sketch soon.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

[ November 23, 2009, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow Dean, that's great!! I just love his smirk. Kind of reminds me of the Superboy's Legion Dirk.

Star Boy, I just [Love] [Love] [Love] what you've done with 3booted Dirk. Sexin'.

And MEL!! [Embarrassed] for my part but great job, as per the usual. [Wink] No one manips quite like you!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Gracias, Caliente!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Cool Sun Boy Sketch Lad! Like the play between warm and cool colors. Hey we need more Sun Boy material for this gallery! Dean why don't you record a karoke cover of "Sunny Boy" by Sorrow?
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Cali! Me so [Embarrassed]

And Sketchy! Nice one! He's got great 'tude. [Big Grin]

MEL... Excellent stuff as always and I totally agree! Where's the torrent of Sun Boy related artworks? I don't even like the guy and I still managed to draw a picture. [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like I haven't posted this here yet:

From back in 2003

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
This is an early work of MLLASH's of a young Dirk.
I don't think that we realized how fragile his mind was until TMK.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's because it wasn't. [Smile]
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, we certainly saw him have a psychotic break in Adventure, he even went into a catatonic state (Adventure 318).

The doctor said it was 'cured' with scalpel-rays that relieved the pressure but that was hardly so happy ended as the writer thought.

Sometimes, not matter what the first cause is, something that disruptive can have lasting problems.

Dirk's sexual addiction was hinted at earlier too, wasn't it?
He was shown to have problems with relationships, too, if I remember correctly.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.