Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z* (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z*
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image
Abin Quank

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

You Know I didnt actually think Id changed all that much of Abins costume from my original version but seeing them side by side like this there are a few obvious changes..ie reversing the colours on the main bodysuit, adding those strappy shoes.
Obviously I was riffing on the Alan scott GL costume....except, you know, without the whole puffy sleeve thing. Also note the first version of Everyday Girl (another of Abin's alt-id's ?) in the bottom pick...was going for a whole highschool cheerleader thing (with the pompoms and all ;P) had I coloured it she wouldve been in red with white trim.

[ August 22, 2006, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Actor Lad

Ok...Ill Confess Actor lad was a chracter I was going to add to the B-Team because there were already to many Green-Skinned Legionnaires already in the list I was working on, but, I did have the space from an edited post that I removed. so here's Actor lad...current Leader of the LMBP. Costumewise, I wanted to have an X-men reference somewhere and AL with the shakespearey puffy sleeve things (I dont know what they're called [Razz] ) seemed the perfect fit. As for the Skull...maybe he throws them like that chick from "Mystery Men". Yes...thats Actor Lads oddly morbid power...Soliloquising and Skull throwing.

[ July 02, 2006, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Arachne

Click for fullsize image

The First of many, many Belly shirted legionnaires. I do like a Belly shirt. This is a new Costume for Arachne...I think one of the only elements I kept from the original version is the spider hair brooch which I carried over from Archne's Avatar if postboot Vi...the neck collar is one of my favorite elements of this design...Also Aracne's pupils should be hourglass shaped. Ive loved the Hourglass eye thing since I read the dragonlance novels in highschool...when Raistlin becomes a mage his eyes go all hourglassey...would this make Arachne a mage perhaps? maybe a Spidermage...sounds cool [Razz]

[ July 02, 2006, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Beagz AKA Kid Flash

This Costume is another new costume...sortof. I was originally usinng it for a postboot version of "Rush" aka Mara..um..something. She was the Speedster Character in the Quarantine kids story. the only real difference is that my Rush had bike shorts (ala inferno). The Goggles seemed necessary as when your running at such high speeds it seems that your eye's would take a lot of punishment from wind and stuff. The Microphone thingy I added because without it Beagz would speak like "Blur" from the Transformers movie...all fast and incoherent...so the microphone set sort of slows his speech down to a normal speed. As for the manga hair, its something else that's be affected by his speed...all swept back and wooshy.

[ July 02, 2006, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Bevis AKA Gaylipso AKA the Queen of Hearts

Ah the illustrious Gaylipso...or the Queen of Hearts. I really Enjoyed Bevis' Queen of Diamond Stories so I wanted homage them in my version of his character...hence the Queen of Hearts...also it let me use the Heart face tattoo...sort of "Jack of Hearts" from marvel (though not as busy a that costume). Ive been trying to do different things with capes...so with this i wanted to do a Cape but still keep Bevis bare-chested. I didnt really know how I was going to do it but then I saw a guy in a nightclub who had his shirt sort of taken off but not really, where he's just lifted the front part over his head and kept the back free. it was quite sexy and I did a quick sketch when I got home.
Also, the first of many many wristcuffs on these designs [Razz]

[ July 02, 2006, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Blacula AKA Vampire Fella

This is obviously a male Version of Vampirella's outfit (Vampirella/Vampire Fella) with added wingy things....I like how Nightwing's costume was supposed to have glider wings (they showed up in a recent superboy/Nightwing Infinite Crisis Titans Isuue) so I decided to steal (oops apropriate) that.
My original Version of Blaculla (which Ill post here when I get around to it) had batwings on his head ala the vampires in Darkstalkers, but i decided to keep them out of this version cause they looked kinda goofy.

[ July 02, 2006, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

The Blue Battler

Originally with this I was going for a blue skinned Roman Centurion kinda character, but in the end decided to Carry over the robot thing from BB's Avatar...so its kinda stealth Iron Man with the Legion Symbol on the face plate (which I really like)
Also, this is the first LMBP character where I decided not to use the vertical-stripe design element, which Im obviously a fan of. It keeps the same sort of design throughout the entire team but, done right, can be just different enough to make each character unique.

[ July 02, 2006, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Caliente

Ive done a few designs of Cali, but this, the Original, is still my Fave. and the second Belly Shirt [Razz] . Im still not sure about this particular rendition but I threw it in because with such a large list of people to render I didnt really have the time (ok patience) to redo certain members. Some work, some dont. which isnt to say this is crap, just that given time, I could probably do better.
Also the first LMBP'er with a facial peircing (the labret) ((actually she could be the only one)...I also like the eye makeup with the fire design.

[ July 02, 2006, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Chaim Mattis Keller AKA Legion Help File Lad

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

I took my inspiration here from Oracle's computer head Avatar...added a couple of Omnicoms' and presto! Legion Help File Lad! ((Thanks for the Legion help file aswell Chaim..it rocks my socks [Yes] ))

[ July 02, 2006, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

C J Taylor AKA Enigma
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

I dont know why I used the codename Enigma...but it seems to work. Anyway with this Costume I wanted to use the Generic Blue on Blue costume that Garth Imra and Rokk wore before they got their spiffy new costumes when the postboot Legion first started. The CJ on the chest should probably be in interlac...but Im sure the ABC alphabet is still used in the C30th. One of the things I dont like about this pic is that CJ's neck sortof comes straight out of his chest...but Id already posted this when I noticed. Ah Well...you win some you lose some.

[ July 02, 2006, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Cobalt Kid
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Not many changes for Cobie...just colour changes on the costume...I kept the long overcoat look. I think the only change here is the Hartigan-esque scar on his forehead, which he got in the Grrrg/Psyonia war (cause I said so [Razz] )

[ July 02, 2006, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

[ May 14, 2006, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Crusader
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

This is a combination of the Two previous Crusader pics Id done...the Purple bodysuit from when Princess Cru become Spellbinder and the Pink Triangles attaching the cape from the previous design (will post soon). Also Added a cape to make him more regal looking.

[ July 02, 2006, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Dedman
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Im in Love with Death from the Endless, especially "the High cost of Living" so I decided to reference her with Dedman...I do have another design somewhere which is More Pinheady (Hellraiser) which Ill post at some point. Also note the Watchmen smiley face button. plus, gotta love a fedora.

[ July 02, 2006, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Disaster Boy
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

No changes for Dis...just added his bird pal (Who first appeared here ) The Red hair is from Loser Lad's coloring of my first Disaster Boy pic. More nitpicking though - Is it just me or does Dis' right arm seem twice as long as his left?

[ July 03, 2006, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.