Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z* (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Joeboy's Who's Who *updated - Legion Academy A-Z*
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Atomic Betty
aka X-bomb Betty
Earth
DECEASED
Click for fullsize image

Desperate to become a Legionnaire, Betty had her scientist father create a way for to join the team. He did this by effectively making her a living X-Bomb, however she would only be able to use her power once. Due to this fact she was initially rejected from the Legion.
Disheartened Betty decided to find a way to make herself more usefull to the team, and, over the course of a year was able refine her powers so much that she could release small balls of concusive force, nicknamed "time-bombs". However with each timebomb she created she was shortening her life-span so that eventually she would be burnt out and would die.
Death came more quickly though, in the form of Tyr (of the Legion of SuperVillians) Gun-arm. During the Vernado Bay incident Tyr impalled Betty on his gun-arm, and in one final act of Defiance, Betty released her X-Bomb Power...killing not only herself and Tyr, but every living being in a 20 mile radius.
The Surviving Legionnaires decided that the Vernado Bay massacre could have been prevented had Betty, the newest Legionnaire, been better trained, and instigatede the current policy af haveing Members train for a minimum of a year before being inducted into the team proper.

Powers and Abilities -
Betty had the power to create balls of energy of an unknown kind, which she called her "time bombs". These "bombs" explode with concussive force. With each bomb created Bettys' Lifespan was shortened. Betty also had the ability to let off an explosion equal to 150 million megatons, although she could only use this ability once, which she did, causing the deaths of thousands.

Subplot -
Betty's Tale is told in flashback as she is already dead before the beginning of the first issue.

Joe-boys notes -
Name change - Atomic Betty
I think Betty only made two appearences in Legionnaires - first as a reject at the tryouts, then as Infernos' Girlfriend.
Anyway Ive had this sequence floating around my head for awhile :
During a massive superhero battle (Vernado Bay) Betty is Impaled Electra-style on Tyrs' Gun-arm. Blood gurgling from her mouth she begins to say "Eat this Motherf...." - cut to Imra (or Saturn Queen, Imra being lost) psychic flashing to Betty at tryouts saying "But I can only do it once"...Imra Screams "Betty! No!"...*Screen goes white*....cut to Kingdom come kinda shot with the skeletons/.remains of all the heroes/villians.
Could I be bothered Id actually draw this...but I cant. So there.

[ September 25, 2006, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Aviax
aka Ornitho
Starhaven
Click for fullsize image

Ornitho came to the Legion chasing after his Lover Dawnstar. Ornitho became good friends with fellow Legionnaire Imorto, and was a member in good standing until his apparent death at Vernado Bay. He was then resurected by Immorto, now calling himself Reanimage, having discovered the ability to resurect the dead that he had a strong bond with.
With his resurection Ornitho gained the ability to shapeshift into any Avian creature, and changed his name to Aviax.

Powers and Abilities:
Like all Starhavenites, Aviax has the ability to track lifeforms and objects across lightyears of space. He is able to survive in deep space without oxygen or a space suit, and in deep space he can travel and near light-speeds, however his speed is affected by Localised gravity such as that of earth.
After his resurection, Aviax began to display a degree of shapechanging abilities, however thus far this has been limited to Avian forms.

Subplot -
After his death the greiving Dawnstar found comfort in the Arms of fellow Legionnaire Wildfire, and, after his resurection, Aviax realised there was nothing left for him in the Legion. Aviax, Reanimage and a few other Legionnaires, Dubbing themselves "the Wanderers" decided to go on a quest throughout the unknown regions of Space with the intention of finding the missing SW6 Legionnaires. After Various Adventures in space, (see other Wanderer entries) the group return to Legionworld with news of a possible way to recover the Lost Legionnaires...tbc.

Joe-boys notes -
If you full-view Aviaxs' pic you'll notice that his hair is actually feathers and his eyes are like bird eyes...just the little details that make this stuff fun to design [Razz]

[ September 25, 2006, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Batboy
aka Ghost Bat
Justin Defillipis-Weir
Earth
Click for fullsize image

Little is known about the man who calls himself Ghost Bat and thats exactly how he would like to keep it. The latest inheritor to the generations old Bat Legacy, Justin is a giving man, proud of his heritage and willing to sacrifice himself to safegaurd it. He believes strongly in his own abilities and the fact that one man can better the universe. Justin is stubborn, well-adjusted, optomistic and determined. As a crimefighter, Justin remains a mystery to his fellow Legionnaires. While operating in his costumed identity, Justin tries to take down his target and dissapear without a trace.

Powers and Abilities -
While Justin has no meta-human powers to speak of, he has proven his worth as a Legionnaire many times over. Justin is one of the foremost Martial Artists in the universe, having trained in hundreds of forms for many years.

Subplot -
Justin-Defillipis Weir is the richest man in the known universe. It is for this reason that he never reveals his Identity as the Ghost Bat. It is he who, along with Lester Spiffany, finances the recreation of Legionworld.
While he has no metapowers, Justin gains entry into the Legion after he single handedly takes down Darkseid in a plot to destroy the earth.
Eventually becomes a founding Member of the Justice Legion.

Joeboys notes -
Inspired by Batman Beyond, this costume was originally black and yellow, but I like the red/white scheme better (it actually inspired the name change to Ghost Bat). The name "Justin Defillipis Weir" was taken from "Batman : No mans land", Justin Defillipis Weir being the name of the baby born to two of GCPD's officers in no-mans land (at least thats what happens in the novel). I was going to make him a Wayne but changed my name after reading No-mans land the novel. its quite good...written by Greg Ruckas. check it out if you see it [Smile]

[ September 26, 2006, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Beast Boy
Ilshu Nor
Lallor
Click for fullsize image

A native of the planet Lallor, Beast boy is a confused and deeply emotional man. He is possesed of an inner anger that can drive him to acts of extreme heroism or violence and often the choice is not his own. This anger has cost Ilshu deeply over the years, however it is this anger that fuels his strength and courage, making him a virtually unstoppable force in combat.
Ilshu was one of the first new recruits to join after the inception of the new "X-bomb policy". Somewhat disgruntled at first Ilshu eventually came to accept that his powers might benefit from a little refinement. After his training Ilshu appeared to have mastered his rage and showed remarkable control in the face of adversity. Recently however Ilshu has reverted to form. He is often subject to feirce moodswings and violent outbursts. In spight of all his anger Ilshu is an honest and trustworthy man, and can always be counted on when his fellow Legionnaires need him most.

Powers and Abilities -
born a mutant, Ilshu can mimic the abilities of any animal, either by focusing on an animal within his general proximity, or, after the refinement of his powers, by drawing power from the animal kingdom in general.

Subplot -
Beast Boy becomes adicted to his powers and becomes more and more feral as the series progresses, eventually having to accept a depowering for the sake of his sanity. after this he becomes good friends with Dyrk Magz and the two become lovers. Dyrk eventually regains his powers and Ilshu leaves for a more simple life among the monks of Steeple.

Joeboys notes -
change of Powers for Beast Boy...I decided to make more like Animal Man powerwise as opposed to Changeling. though the costume is a little changeling inspired. sort of. Anywho..I decided to make him a little Indian looking in skintone...there seems to be far to many caucasion male Legionnaires.

[ September 26, 2006, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Beauty Blaze
Nicole Douglas
Earth
Click for fullsize image

Nicole and her Twin brother Nigel gained their powers in an industrial accident. taking on the names Beuty Blaze and Sun Boy, the two turned their hands to petty crime and soon came into contact with the Legion. During a brief if heated battle, Nigel inadvertadly killed the newly initiated Spiderboy. The Two fled the scene and went into hiding for some time. the two were then contacted by the Legion of Supervillians and joined up with the team, Nicole only joining in an effort to keep her brother out of trouble. Though she tried to convince her brother to be less reactive and violent her advice was ignored and Nigel began to kill on a whim.
Opting not to take part in the occupation of Vernado Bay, Nicole was horrified to learn of its eventual outcome and sought out the Legion, hoping to Join up with them to atone for her brothers crimes.

Powers and Abilities -
Nicole has the power to generate and enormous amount of heat and flame from within her body. She can also employ this energy to produce a variety of effects - she can create a blinding flash of light to blind her opponents, create an aura of flames around herself which she can use to propel herself through the air or she can simply attack an oponent with fire hot enough to melt steel.

Subplot -
The X-bomb explosion that caused the Vernado Bay Massacre didnt kill Nigel - it made him more powerful. Calling himself the Sun Emperor, he reorganises the LSV and convinces Nicole to join him. Nicole however, is a double agent and passes on information to Antennae Lad and the Espionage squad who eventually take down the second LSV, not however, without a few casualties on each side. Nicole is one of the heroes who heroically sacrifices herself to save inncoent lives, using up her powers to prevent an asteroid storm that Nigel had set upon the Earth.

Joeboys notes -
as I said before Im just making this up as I go along...So I havent really figured out most of the finer points of the story. an Asteroid storm seems a bit silly but what the hey [Razz] anywho...I like this costume a lot which is why I used it twice - see Lucifer Lass earlier in this thread.
Subplot -

[ September 26, 2006, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Blok
Dryad
Click for fullsize image

Possibly the last of a silicon based species native to the now destroyed planet Dryad, Blok is the Powerhouse of the Legion. he is not however a brute and will not harm others needlessly. He is actually very gentle but nevertheless tends to be a little clumsy. He has always been attracted to Fellow Legionnaire Mysa Nal but could never bring himself to express his feelings to her.

Powers and Abilities -
Blok has near krypotninan class Superhuman Strength, aswell as near invulnerability. Being a Silicon based life-form he has little need for conventional sustenance and does not need to breathe.

Subplot -
eventually hooks up with Mysa, though how the two have "relations" is a subject of much discussion amongst their team mates.
Is saddened by the fact that a few of his childhood friends have joined up with the LSV (LAzon, Titania, Silver Slasher and that other guy), and manages, with Mysa, to subdue the four. They are sent to the prison planet Labrynth and escape death at Vernado Bay.

Joeboys notes -
Ummmm...not much to say here. how DO they have sex though? is he like...rock...all over? (heh Mallrats)

[ September 26, 2006, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Bloodclaw
Khundia
Click for fullsize image

Losing his hands in gladiatorial combat on his home planet of Khundia, the man now calling himself Bloodclaw travelled to the medical planet of Quarantine to have them replaced. Deciding that his scars were a sign of honour, Bloodclaw opted to be fitted with Mechanical claws rather then having them regrown. It was while on Quarantine that Bloodclaw met and fell in love with April Dumaka, who would become known as Catspaw. Bloodclaw follwed April to the Academy and much to his surprise finds Superheroics a real kick.

Powers and Abilities -
In adition to his Cybernetic claws Bloodclaw has enhanced strength.

Subplot -
Bloodclaw is crushed when Aprils true, fickle nature is revealed, chasing after any male Legionnaire she can sink her claws into. Thankfully he finds solace in the arms of Aprils younger sister Ivy who had travelled to Legionworld after her sister graduated into the legion and became its chief medical officer.

Joeboys notes -
Yeesh...trying to figure out backstories for all these guys sure is a pain in the arse! anyway...I wanted to try and make Bloodclaw more then just another redshirt...notice that Bloodclaws' and Catspaws costumes are nearly identical.

[ September 26, 2006, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Booster Gold
Jay Carter
Earth
Click for fullsize image

In the world of Superheroics there has always been a Booster Gold, just as there has always been its opposite number in Rocket Red. The Carters and the Romanovs have feuded for centuries and it was to the exasperation of both families when Jay Carter and Tania Romanov fell in love and were married in secret. Jay and Tania served on the Legion until they were killed at Vernado Bay, forcing a Truce between the two feuding families united in their sorrow.

Powers and Abilities -
after years of genetic enhancement, Jay, like all Carters, was born a Metahuman with enhanced Strength, Speed, Stamina and Reflexes

Subplot -
none...Dead, backstory told in flashback? maybe as a backup or pagefiller or something.
then Again, if its a heroic legacy kinda deal then you could expect to see a new Booster Gold and Rocket Red at some point.

Joeboys notes -
Meh...I wanted a Booster Gold in the Legion. So Sue Me. Annnnnyway...a touch Romeo and Jullietish. and Boy oh Boy this whole Vernado Bay thing is gonna get old pretty quick. we'll see who else I can have killed there before this thread is over > [Smile]

[ September 26, 2006, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Bounty
Monica Sade
unknown
Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Bowman
Byron Boumin
Centauri IX
Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Calorie Queen
Taryn Loy
Bismoll
Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Cannus
Cahvey Cannus
Sirius Station
Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Caravan
Chris Norris
Xanthu
Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Catspaw
April Dumaka
Earth
Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Celebrand
Unknown
DECEASED
Click for fullsize image

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.