Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » A New Team for Old Problems

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A New Team for Old Problems
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Even in the future, in the year 3006, odd things just happen. Inexplicable things, occurences that seem bizzare even in an age where planets full of different creature coexist. The Science Police have stagnated, and rather than defending a universe constantly on the brink of newfound discovery, they have grown content to simply dictate to those that will obey and ignore those they choose. Even the Legion, with all their vaunted power and bright coustumes, handle crises on a physical level, never looking past the villians or natural disasters, letting the outrageous happenstance of the universe slip by with little care.

But just as nostalgia has resurrected the Superhero, it also ignites the fire in a young man to challenge the unknown...to brave the weird and mysterious...but not alone.

Even the psychotic and the withdrawn need social interaction. He gathers with him those he knows will understand the baffling: a chemically unbalaced boy from Phlon; a hideous, indestructible orphan from Earth; a comedian turned political activist from Bismoll; a young girl from Xanthu who hasn't aged in over a decade, and extends her seeming immortality to objects around her; a boy from the moon who can bounce; the only silicon-based lifeform know of in the gaxaly; a child so fast she can't stop moving, even when asleep.

The young man gathered his kindred spirits, but knew there was still a need for anonymity. Appearing to them only in messages and monitors, the thing known only as 'Niles' leads this cadre of freaks and castaways to confront the uncanny and defend the universe against the absurdity something as cosmic as infinity tends to generate.

In the year 3006, the Universe got the Legion of Superheroes, and for better or worse, almost all citizens were aware of their existance.

In the same year, the Universe also got a new Doom Patrol...and it'll probably never even know.

Sorry, I knwo this looks slapdash, but the idea just wouldn't get out of my head until I wrote down, and I figured I'd share it with the boards [Smile] . The thought was to have some of the odder or lesser used Legionnaires that in the current universe, where their characters wouldn't fit in or haven't been used yet. I might start writing a fiction series off of the idea, but I haven't really decided yet. Anyhoo, catch you guys later. Hope you enjoyed the idea.

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.