Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » DOOM PATROL and SUICIDE SQUAD 3006... an interactive build-a-Legion thread

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DOOM PATROL and SUICIDE SQUAD 3006... an interactive build-a-Legion thread
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
... or build-subsidiary to the Legion teams, to be more accurate. If the LSH is the JUSTICE LEAGUE of the future, or the TEEN TITANS- depending on your source, then why shouldn't other teams revive in the brave new future?

I can imagine the teams forming, calling themselves HEROES OF THE GALAXY or something, but resident history buff, Phantom Girl, says "You guys are just like ________ from 2010" And thus a new legacy is born.

Anyway, I was thinking about the reboot character X-BOMB BETTY and it was thoughts of what it'd be like to have a great super-power that you could only use once made me think about a serious use of Betty. I envision a character who knows she only has one chance with her superpower, but builds up other skills to get her through until she recognizes the perfect time to spend her power. She'd be a good nucleus around which to build a small team. X-BOMB BETTY as a name has gotta go, though. I'll call her ONESHOT.

Getting a DOOM PATROL vibe, I thought of KID PSYCHO, who cuts short his lifespan each time he uses his power. HE made me think of the SUICIDE SQUAD, since his power is somewhat suicidal. The team, Suicide Squad, wasn't really suicidal though. Their gimmick was the use of super-villains working for the government alongside a few superheroes. I can't imagine Betty going this route.

So, the SUICE SQUAD 3006 is made up members whose powers cause harm to themselves. Membership thus far:

ONESHOT
KID PSYCHO

What other LSH characters would logically fit here? INFECTIOUS LASS? COMET QUEEN has a suicidal origin, but might not 'fit'. Someone with a military connection, maybe familial, would be good. They'd know bits of history, perhaps, about the various SQUADS throughout time.

As for the DOOM PATROL 3006... *they're* the ones who mix heroes and villains and work for some government or another. To make their name work is the observation that any enterprise requiring heroes and villains to work together for any length of time is most likely DOOMed to fail.

This might be a good place for Mekt. And I'll add QUICKSAND, who I always thought deserved a shot at villainy all on her own.

Membership thus far:

LIGHTNING LORD
QUICKSAND

What LSH villains would be fun DOOM PATROLLERS? And what heroes should 'keep them honest'?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.