Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Drawings of LMB characters (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Drawings of LMB characters
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
How many artistic renderings of your prime LMB character exist?

As far as I know, five drawings of Lardy exist, three of them as available avatars: One by Dean Lee (from the old group shot), one by Cru (currently being used by Doublechinner [Razz] ) and the one I currently use that, I believe, was rendered by Dedman (was that you, Deddy?).

The fourth appeared in Joe Boy's excellent recent thread devoted to redesigns of LMB characters.

The fifth was a humorous stick-figure nude drawing of me in an old thread here from probably over two years ago. [Big Grin] Anyone remember that one, whodunnit and in what thread?

As far as I know, that's all the Lardy pics that exist. Anyone know exceptions that I've forgotten?

And how many pics exist of your main character?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hm...there's a thread somewhere that lists a bunch, and then there's the two Project Runway threads. Also, the LMBP Outpost has a bunch.

There, Lardy, you'll find a pic by Pov of you LadLad in a thong! Also, you're in a group shot or two in the Project Runway threads.

As for Cobalt Kid...I'm pretty sure there's a good amount... [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I've lost count of how many Crujectra drawings there are... I tend to post one every couple of months [Wink]

I know that JoeBoy has done one design, and I believe that Vee did a computer-generated one. There's a couple of micros kicking around somewhere, by both White Raven and Viviane.

And I've done one or two drawing of Cobie Cakes over the years [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
By my count there are nine pictures of Rockhopper Lad:

*A rather sickly-looking stick figure drawn by me showing what I wanted his "costume" to look like (this was before I realised that Rockhopper Lad didn't actually wear a costume) and another, somewhat better, I did a few months later (I never claim to be any kind of artist).

*The lovely picture of him skiing drawn by Cru and coloured by Loser Lad, which I used as my avatar until fairly recently.

*The micro by White Raven.

*The City of Heroes version by Vee.

*The head shot and the fab Who's Who drawing by Joe-Boy.

*Two drawings I had commissioned from a young woman who used to work for me at the library, one of which I currently use as my avatar.

[ September 27, 2006, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahm not really sure... I think this is right, but I really have no idea. I always love seeing more of this character! [Smile]

2 by Joe-Boy
1 by Cru (in a group pic as well she did)
2 by MEL (one photo and one drawing)
2 by Dean (I think)
1 by Vee (City of Heroes)

The dollz and micros of her I put here http://kat.of-the-night.com/AboutKat/WhiteRaven.html

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I think there are just two of Quislet, Esq. One by Joe-boy (and then made into a micro by White Raven I think) and a City of Heroes drawing by Vee.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder where I could find the full-sized version of the drawing my avatar was taken from. I'm still not even sure who drew it. Can anyone confirm whether it was dedman (as I suspect) who drew it, or if it was another artist?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I think I have like two or so (Joe-boy's, and that older pic of all the founders.) I wish there were more, but I guess rendering a costume based on and somewhat limited-by Optimus Prime (especially in the face) isn't a very interesting exercise for an artist. Kind of like drawing Iron Man... you're very bound by what it is, I guess.

And I have no drawing talent whatsoever. All my GURPS hero points in that category were spent in musical ability. [Smile]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy, Deddy drew that picture, and Loser colored the head/shoulders and made it an avatar for you. I'm not sure if a full-sized color version is out there somewhere or not...

Kippers, you (and Lardy) have appeared in a group shot or two that you may or may not have seen, I think. Can't confirm that though, but it'd be somewhere in the Project Runway threads.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Yup I drew your av Lardy, and Cobalt is fight, it was coloured by Loser.

Quis, your also in a group shot I did that was coloured by Loser.

I'm not sure how many Dedman pic there are. I've done several, there's the pic by Joeboy, a southpark version and a White Raven Micro.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Deddy, thanks for drawing that pic, way back when. It's just bursting with personality and remains my very favorite! Loser also did a terrific job on the colors!

Any idea where I can find the full-size pic, Deds?

--------------------

Andorian Lantern
Green Lantern of the UFP

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andorian Lantern   Email Andorian Lantern         Edit/Delete Post     
I would love to post my LMB character! if I could just remember which drive that image in on... [Eek!]

I do have these though in the meantime...

Microhero

Lil'Buddy

--------------------
"In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my...antennae."

From: New York, NY | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Andorian Lantern,

I love Lil' Buddy. I think there is a thread for requesting images to be made into avatars.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Here is the original picture that was posted on the YahooGroup many moons ago:

Click for fullsize image

Click for full-size

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Cru did a couple of pictures of Arachne, and Joe-Boy's put her on a few of his covers. And there's a micro by White Raven.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.