Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, it's that time again...time to nominate who you'd like to see win a Legionverse's Next Top Pinup Model title!

This competition is open to ANY character in the Legionverse, male or female, who has fair hair. That could mean golden blonde, platinum, light brown, strawberry, pink, baby blue, etc.

Actual Legionnaires may be nominated this time, but don't forget the obscure characters, they're pretty fun to put in the spotlight.

When all the nominations are tallied, there will be a vote to choose the top five.

Questions....

1. Which fair haired character from Legion stories would you like to see compete? Remember, males and females are both allowed, Legionnaires or non Legionnaires are allowed. List your top five (ish).

2. Who's been your favorite judge in past Pinup Model competitions? Which three would you like to judge this one? Is there someone else you'd like to see be a judge?

Former judges:
Saturn Girl
Marte Allon
Emerald Empress
Ambassador Jeryl
Gigi Cusimano
Princess Elwinda

3. Are there any exotic locations from Legion stories that would be a nice setting for a fair haired Legion character pin up? Can you give an issue number for reference?

4. Dream Girl and Light Lass have been hosts in the past. Would you like either of them to host again? Remember, if they host, they can't be in the competition. Is there someone else who you'd like to see be host?

5. What is your favorite color? The top choice will be used in a challenge.

6. Anything else?

[ October 08, 2006, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'll go first...

1. Contestants: Andromeda, Supergirl, Brainiac 5, Nemesis Kid and Queen Azura

2. It'd be fun to have some dark haired girls be all witchy to the fair ones. So, I'll choose Phantom Girl, Shadow Lass and Dawnstar to be judges.

3. I need to think about this one...(that's why I'm asking for help...)

4. I choose Yera Allon to be host, and I want her to do lots of interesting stuff with her powers, but remain recognizable.

5. I like all colors evenly, so I need nominations for this one...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
1.White Witch
Ji Daggle
Don Allen
Ambassador Relnic
Beauty Blaze
Insect Queen

2. No "blondes vs. brunettes" please!
Still fond of Hate Face, whether as a regular or guest judge.

3. Fountain of 1000 Chemicals
Inshar (world of giant flowers)
Kathoon! (Hello, guest judge Lydda!)

4. I like the idea of Yera hosting.
Nura should be ineligible for this contest. Because she's a past host. But really 'cause she's NURA. C'mon! Nura! It just would not be fair.
Same deal with the other past hosts/judges...maybe they could be "guest stars" in pics a la the swimwear challenge in the Male Model contest.

[ October 04, 2006, 04:12 AM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

TD,
LOVE all of your contestant nominees! Most excited about Ji Daggle and Beauty Blaze (though it's intimidating trying to make her as lovely as Curt Swan did). I hope these nominees do well in the voting. In fact, it kinda makes me want to make it all non Legionnaires again. We'll just see how the nominations and voting go....

Okay, I can understand not wanting blondes vs. brunettes. No need for that. Hate Face tends to show up at the finale, when the facial close-ups happen. Coincidence? No!

GREAT location ideas! I'll need help finding a reference, but my collection is pretty complete.

Oh no, Nura could never be a contestant. First of all, I'd cheat! I'd make everyone but her look dull and lame and sketchier than Sketch Lad's sketchiest.

I love to put guest stars in there! It will definitely happen.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

I wouldn't mind "non-Legionnaires only". Of course I can still slip my suggestions through 'cause Mysa can be her pre-Legionnaire redhead self... she's fairhaired times two. Lana was not a "regular" Legionnaire. Hey, Luii dated someone who was NEVER a Legionnaire and she made it.

(Are you buying that?)

Inshar was early on, in or after the Legionnaire Lemon story.

The Fountain of 1000 Chemicals was from one of the Tots stories.

[ October 04, 2006, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Other Contestants: Mekt Ranzz, Circe from 5YL

2. Judges: RJ Brande, Mordru, Dr. Aven (I seem to be focussing on the old, white-haired men - so I'll add the catty Catspaw for flavour)

3. Locations:
A Dark & Lonely Corner of Hell (LSH v.1 289)
5YL Khundia (LSH v.3 16)

4. Hosts
Veilmist (LSH v.3 44)
Starlight & Starbright (LSH v.2 47)
Dr. Chaseer (LSH v.2 30)

5. Blue

P.S. Inshar was Adventure 309, Fountain of 1000 Chemicals Adventure 338 (according to the Help File)

[ October 04, 2006, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Crames! Mekt was in a previous model competition.
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't nominate him again?? [Frown]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Well, I have no problem with more Mekt. And he is another double fair-haired sentient. But he probably won't get another bite at the banyo fruit.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Questions....

1. Which fair haired character from Legion stories would you like to see compete? Remember, males and females are both allowed, Legionnaires or non Legionnaires are allowed. List your top five (ish).

gals:

PROJECTRA

BEAUTY BLAZE

PSYCHE (The Wanderers)

INSECT QUEEN (Lana or Postboot)

CALORIE QUEEN

guys:

PETE ROSS

ANSIS (Catspaw's betraying boyfriend from TMK-Legionnaires)

JEDIAH RIKKANE (Power Boy from the Academy)

POLAR BOY

SEAN ERIN

2. Who's been your favorite judge in past Pinup Model competitions? Which three would you like to judge this one? Is there someone else you'd like to see be a judge?

Emerald Empress has been my favorite; Dean draws a stunning Mystelor; Hate-Face is adorable; Lester's always a joy; might be nice to see previous winner Infectious Lass judge

plus:

SUN BOY (Levitz-era ladies man!)

BRAINO OF MRYNAH (noble MEL&tLSH ladies man!)

BRAINIAC 5 (blonde fetish!)

3. Are there any exotic locations from Legion stories that would be a nice setting for a fair haired Legion character pin up? Can you give an issue number for reference?

I'll second starry Kathoon and add the Sorcerer's World

4. Dream Girl and Light Lass have been hosts in the past. Would you like either of them to host again? Remember, if they host, they can't be in the competition. Is there someone else who you'd like to see be host?

(see above)

Baby blue

6. Anything else?

Maybe separate guys and gals competitions?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

GREAT nominations so far...here are some early leaders...

Beauty Blaze, contestant
Insect Queen, contestant
Hate Face, judge
Yera, host
Kathoon, location
Blue and baby blue, color

Brainiac 5 has been mentioned as a contestant and as a judge, so this usually means he'll be seen *somewhere* in the competition.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Questions....

1) Sinde - she doesn't handle rejection very well and wants another shot
2) Element Lad
3) Lana Lang
4) Magno
5) White Witch

Former judges:
Saturn Girl

New Judge:
Validus
Thora

Don't have issue numbers, but how about:

Medieval Orando
All-metalic Braal
the Farmlands of Winath

How about that womanizer - Sun Boy?

Green is my favorite, but that is being used in the Empress challenge, so let's go with blue - baby or sky

6. Anything else?

Yes, you are so talented I hate you [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

GREAT nominations so far...here are some early leaders...

Beauty Blaze, contestant
Insect Queen, contestant
White Witch, contestant
Hate Face, judge
Yera, host
Kathoon, location
Baby Blue, color

Brainiac 5 has been mentioned as a contestant and as a judge, so this usually means he'll be seen *somewhere* in the competition.

Sun Boy has been mentioned as a judge and as host, so this will surely mean he'll appear in the contest somewhere/somehow.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Princess Projectra, White Witch, Element Lad, Brainiac 5 (SW6 version; liked his hair), and Mekt Ranzz (yes, you'd done Mekt before, but there's several people you've repeated by having them as judges/hosts?)

2. I'd like to see Hate Face again as a judge. If you want to carry on the "fair hair" theme as judges, there's R.J. Brande and Dr. Micah Aven.

3. Do something with Durla. With all their underground life in postboot, you can probably snag some pics from RL of cave formations or crystal growths for a dramatic background.

4. Dream Girl to host. That gets plenty of pics in for her fans, but gives someone else a chance to win.

5. I'll vote for blue.

6. Actually I think we should limit this competition to blonde, white, or pastel hair. There's enough LSH-based folks in the strawberry-blonde/red/auburn spectrum to do a "Super Red-Headed League... of Space!" [Big Grin]

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Does red count as 'fair?' 'Cause I'm not sure a hair-related challenge could leave ground without Spider Girl on board.

Fair-haired lasses;
Projectra (with the long curly platinum locks!)
Gas Girl (does that count as hair?)
Spider Girl (it's alive!)
White Witch (she can mix it up, a little platinum blonde, a little red)
Lamprey (hey! Green!)

Fair-haired lads;
Sun Boy ('cause he doesn't have to be a judge or a host, he can compete!)

Less Dream Girl and Ayla, IMO. They've had their turns. Yera would be a great judge, being hair-adjacent.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.