Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Dreamy intro!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Teeds!

The five men and five women in this contest have been posted! Please vote for the woman and the man you want REJECTED! Polls will be open for a while....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh, the judges will appear later...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Oh NO!

quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
This is gonna be good. I await the pics but hate the thought of having to choose.

!!!!

I was hoping the first set were introductory, non-competitive portraits. D-a-n-g!

I'm going to think a bit.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Start a movement! DEMAND that the introductory portraits are not to voted upon! It might get through to TPTB!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Better yet: I invoke my DEBUTANTE STATUS!

HEAR ME, TPTB! No voting this round!

Got that?

Sketch Lad
Advisor

A reasonable demand.

DON'T VOTE YET, YA'LL!

The first pictures you've seen are just to introduce the look of the contestants, and to sort of define the role they'll take in this instance. I did that because really, many of them look very similar. I felt like "types" were needed in order to distinguish them from each other. I mean, my version of Pete Ross looks exactly like my version of Adventure Era Brainy, except for the freckles and skin color.

I had to figure out how to depict Jecks. She's been shown with four or five totally different hairstyles...probably more.

Anyway, this is the look they'll be based upon for their duration in this contest. Hope your favorite didn't get altered in a way you just hate!

The challenges are coming up!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Some preliminary notes:

Mysa and Brainy each have an advantage in their distinct skin tones. Mysa's pic is one of my favorites of the group.

Projectra is one of my top 2 Legionnaires from way back. However, if this had been a voting round, I would have eliminated her. The makeup, the help-me-Light-Lass! top...eeeeeeeek!

Jan: sorrybutIdon'tlikethehair!

Pam & Pete: do the nice ones finish first? We'll see! The two most likely to have fun at the photo shoots. Potential!

Azura: a good pic. Just remember to be more than the sentient in the space-tiara, even if you keep it on for the duration of the contest.

Relnic: He probably get holographed all the time, although for news documentary, not artistry. Will certainly bring great composure.

MEKT: Yowsah. The most visually charged pic. Mind you, I love M's long hair, but I'm all about this now.

BEAUTY BLAZE: She is intriguing. Excellent fresh interpretation of her hair, Sketchy, and the neutral makeup palette lets the 'do take center stage. (Take note, Azura and Projectra.) Could be the spoiler of the whole shebang.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice intros!

Non-Legionnaires Pete, Mekt and Relnic are poised to walk all over Legionnaires-proper Jan and Brainy. I would probably have voted Jan out this round.

The ladies are a bit tougher. All could pull it off. Unlike TD, I loved Projectra's jigglefest picture, even if I was hoping for her Immonen/5YL hairstyle. Pam's adorable but will have to move beyond her nice-girl look at some point. Mysa was haunting. Azura's facial-shot was perfection, but her space-tiara will have to go sooner rather than later. I would probably have voted to eliminate Beauty Blaze this round, if forced to vote.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

LOVE this input! I'm really glad we had this intro round, to get familiarized with the contestants, cuz now I can mess with them.

I chose the Bombshell look for Jecky, because even though I really love the Grell style where she basically looks like a model from the Linda Evangelista/Christie Turlington era, I have very vivid memories of her drawn by Jim Sherman and Jimmy Janes where she's much curvier and had more va va va voom! I agree that the Immonen sophisticated hairstyle was nice on her, but I felt it was a tad bland. I mean, Dreamy and Glorith both look like that, too.

I'll spill...Azura will rarely be seen in her crown. Her role is the Classy Lady, so I'll keep her distinguishable in that way. When I looked back on her story, I was surprised that she was a pretty as she was, I was thinking she had a harsher look, but she didn't. I want to go with that.

Jan has had some BAD hair, but like Imra, he didn't care cuz being so blonde, he can get away with it. I chose to show him in the longer, looser curls. I *couldn't* do the white fro.

Brainy's look is a combo of SW6, Coipel's Lost look and the cartoon, with a touch of V3 LaRocque thrown in. I like a skinny, disheveled Brainy. His appearance isn't very important to him, he has other things on his formidable mind.

Pam and Pete are great fun to draw, because they aren't the usual super model types. Pam's not fat, but she's got more "real girl" proportions, and if I had to, I'd show how tall she is. I like that she's pretty, but she's not Dream Girl beautiful. She looks, to me, like Supergirl, but not as delicate.

The first actual challenge really puts everyone on more equal footing because it's all in black and white and it involves dramatic... alright, I'll admit it...Infectious Lass style make-up/mask. I'm having a BLAST working on those images and I can't wait to finish them and post them!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Huh, I thought Pete was a redhead.

Anywho, great picture of Mysa, all ethereal and willowy and fae and other words that I don't really know what they mean...

Jeckie needs more hair! Just my personal thing, I love the hair she had when she turned down the throne of Orando, telling her viziers that she had come to see temporal power too as yet another illusion, just before leaving to become Sensor Girl. (I guess that would be a useful comment if I had the slightest idea what issue it was in...)

I'd never seen Mekt with long hair (in the comics, anyway), so this looks more like the Lightning Lord I'm used to. I like it better than the long-haired look that seems to be more common around here.

Brainy and Element Lad, though, yikes. Both need a close encounter with the Silver Slasher, IMO. I do like the idea of an 'Einstein' looking Brainy, all wild hair and five-o-clock shadow, 'cause he's spent the last 67 hours straight working on something in the lab and he just can't be bothered with this grooming concept...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

A few more things. Hey, there's a lot to say!

Mekt in midnight blue: yes.

Use your secret weapon, Pete! No, not Superboy's identity -- your freckles!

Beauty Blaze, you seem to be the only brown-eyed blond. Play it up!

Last but not least...
Hooray for the Sketchmeister! These Model contests are pure fun.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Major Announcement!

The judges for this competition have all taken ill! Evidently there was some bad Elvabird at one of the receptions.

There will be no commentary provided as the Gold and Platinum competition progresses.

In order to be fair to our contestants, we will carry on without the judges. We wish them our best and will give announcements regarding their progress.

The first actual challenge is complete and will be posted ....now!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Judges taken ill? Could there be sabotage behind the scene? [Disgusting]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Investigations are underway and Brande's lawyers are all revved up.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.