Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, to begin the voting, please eliminate Policy Pam and Ambassodor Relnic (not to fond of his "dramatic portrait" possibly because of his gentle smile, which is a pity as I liked his introductory shot a lot)

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
OUT
PROJECTRA. It's not so much the over-the-topness and toplessness. It's the my-eyes-just-got-messily-gouged-out look. I'm afraid that's never appealed to me.
BRAINY. I think we've swerved from "sexily unkempt" to 12th Level Intellects with Dirty Faces

[Athramites]

Relnic. Working the Eisner retro vibe! Very nice.

Jan. Working the Mandalla  - vibe. Did you guys call each other up before school-a-tron to coordinate?

Pete Rossen. I wanna see the outtakes - the couple of dozen pics where he couldn't keep a straight face.

Azura. A bit of a Nagel influence?

Mekt. Mmmm. Mekt.

[ October 09, 2006, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
WOW!

But the ones I thought I'd probably oust (Pete Ross! I underestimated you! and Azura, who appeared beautifully simple) charmed me.

So it's Policy Pam (lovely, but sedate relative to the others) and Element Lad (somebody had to go).

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, immediate returns! That space rocks!

Alright, who should go? So far...

Women:
Policy Pam 2 votes
Princess Projectra 1 vote

Men:
Relnic 1 vote
Brainy 1 vote
Element Lad 1 vote

Plenty of time left to vote....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Little time for comments as work looms ahead and I don't wanna miss getting to vote.

OUT:

Jan-- I just can't get past that hair!

Azura-- I think you played it too safe, pet.

Although I'm putting Pam on notice: the Marcia Brady look only has limited appeal, pet.

Meanwhile, props to Brainy for getting down and dirty, I can't believe he pulled it off!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm voting Brainy and Azura!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I've got to say farewell to Relnic and Projectra. Politicians they may be but I'm just not feeling them.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
THE REJECTS
Princess Projectra -- For someone who knows the value of image, she just went way over the top with this one. At best, she looks like a Venturan chorus girl.

Pete Ross -- It is possible to be dramatic, yet still recognizable! Great for a costume party, but your style was "the boy next door"... unless it's the "boy next door" from Rimbor?

THE BEST
White Witch -- She almost seems to glow under the light. That and the softer airbrushed effect of her face makeup giver her the needed unearthly quality. Like a spirit inviting you to join her in her realm.

Mekt Ranzz -- Wow! [Smile] On him the "lightning scar" effect works. Very cyberpunk vibe from him; communicates more of the "bad boy" theme than his original picture.

THE KEEPERS
Beauty Blaze -- The "wind tunnel hair" actually works with the makeup effect in her case, though I'm still not too fond of her.

Ambassador Relnic -- Some may complain he wasn't going wild, but if he'd gotten too wild with the makeup it would cost him his dignity. I see him as in this as George Hamilton was in "Dancing With the Stars"; he can be commanding, but he can also call upon humor to lighten the mood.

Brainiac 5 -- He's letting his hair down and being more playful. Or should I say (considering the stripes)... kittenish? [Wink]

Queen Azura -- If not for Jeckie throwing her dignity out the window, I would have voted this as worst. There's no drama... it looks more like a half-finished picture, the way this blends into the background.

Element Lad -- Not the best work done with this. It's not particularly dramatic.

Policy Pam -- She's at least trying to enjoy this, though the drama levels are only average.

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Eliminate Policy Pam and Element Lad
Didn't much like Projectra, either, but I'd rather have contestants trying out things than just being boring...

The White Witch was magnificent. So were Azura, Mekt and Brainy.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you all for your comments and participation!

The current standings... Who should be REJECTED?

MEN
Element Lad 3 votes
Ambassador Relnic 2 votes
Brainiac 5 2 votes
Pete Ross 1 vote

WOMEN
Policy Pam 3 votes
Princess Projectra 3 votes
Queen Azura 2 votes

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject Relnic and Projecta.

Sorry, Relnic, but you're just not working the *dramatic* vibe. You needed to make that gravitas *work* for you.

Projecta, honey, if you screw up your makeup, next time just wipe it off and start over.

On Notice:

Policy Pam, you might want to look up *drama* in a space-dictionary. I'd say you were lucky I was otherwise distracted but, considering you were supposed to *draw* my attention, well.

Brainy... okay, so you were at a disadvantage here - your complexion barred you from achieving the coal on alabaster effect the others pulled off so well. But I promise you, whoever suggested the Jungle Coluan theme is laughing themselves silly in the sidelines.

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
To be voted out:

Princess Projectra - was she trying to look like Infectious Lass?

Ambassador Relnic - As an older person, he just doesn't handle make-up very well.

I loved Pete Ross' punk look. Queen Azura was stunning.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Delivery Girl:
Projecta, honey, if you screw up your makeup, next time just wipe it off and start over.

Hell, she doesn't even need to do that.

For all we know she could have her hair in a ponytail and be wearing a turtleneck and a ski sweater, but that's realllly pushing leaving something to the imagination, Jecks.

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

quote:
Originally posted by Seth Gaterra:
Ambassador Relnic -- Some may complain he wasn't going wild, but if he'd gotten too wild with the makeup it would cost him his dignity. I see him as in this as George Hamilton was in "Dancing With the Stars"; he can be commanding, but he can also call upon humor to lighten the mood.

Yes! I agree.

Even if he wasn't a high-level diplomat and therefore holding himself to a high level of decorum, Relnic doesn't strike me as Mr. Wild-and-Crazy Guy. But he just might wear a arrow-through-the-head band once for a laugh.

Side note: I know his first name is Anton but it's more fun say "Relnic"

Sketch Lad
Advisor

The current standings... Who should be REJECTED?

MEN
Ambassador Relnic 4 votes
Element Lad 3 votes
Brainiac 5 2 votes
Pete Ross 1 vote

WOMEN
Princess Projectra 5 votes
Policy Pam 3 votes
Queen Azura 2 votes

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.