Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Gold and Platinum Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Here at Pinup Models, Inc, we have been FLOODED with holos of support for Garth Ranzz, Lightning Lad. Do you know that there are sentients out there who would *like* the opportunity to be poisoned by him? His charisma and heroism far out shine any gastronomical blunders he may have made. Naturally Brande has called off his space lawyers, Sun Boy has been kidding with Garth about having a "roast off" barbeque challenge after this is over. It's true that Aven has not let down his psychic defenses ever since the incident, but Garth's girlfriend, Imra (Saturn Girl) has calmed Aven considerably. Everything's fine.

Mekt, you are ALWAYS welcome to come here and communicate, but I would advise you not to allow yourself to become stressed. You need your rest in order to look good in those holoshoots. You know there is very little touching up done.

Oh, and we are confused about the Drura comment. She won. Why would she question that?

Moving on...

The next challenge, as previewed by Dreamy, is coming along. Mekt, you will be appearing second to last (7th), so you have some time to regain your composure.

[ October 12, 2006, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
infectious lass, while a stunning victor in her model competition, was rejected by the legion at least twice. they said she lacked control of her powers. i say: who made the refreshments on those days?

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Do you know that there are sentients out there who would *like* the opportunity to be poisoned by him?

hello, comet queen.
From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Do you know that there are sentients out there who would *like* the opportunity to be poisoned by him?

...which explains why Querl Dox keeps sneering about the intellect levels of the common sentient! [Wink]
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Is Lightning Lad huge on Bismoll?

And let me tell ya...even though RJ, Dirk, and Aven may be forgiving, you know what's not? Space-Bureaucracy. From his own account, it sounds like Mr. Garth Ranzz accepted culinary employment with a food handler's space-permit gained at least partially by fraud ("in disguise") or perhaps no space-permit at all. Pinup Models Inc. may very well find itself fined if it's found they were out of compliance with space-permit regulations when they hired the food-floundering founder.

I also sense a stern lecture from Cham in the works. Something along the lines of My People Have Been Battling Fear, Suspicion, and Prejudice For As Long As We Can Remember And Humanoid Stunts Like This Don't Really Help; You Need To Think About Consequences Before Acting. But much longer.

Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:

And let me tell ya...even though RJ, Dirk, and Aven may be forgiving, you know what's not? Space-Bureaucracy. ... Pinup Models Inc. may very well find itself fined if it's found they were out of compliance with space-permit regulations when they hired the food-floundering founder.

Well, Policy Pam is still around, after all. By now they must be covered for just about *anything*, even Lawyers.
Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Infectious Lass is part of the Pinup Models Family, so we support her 100%. If it is found that Lightning Lad's, or anyone else's appetizers were the reason people fell ill during her try-outs, we will pool all of our resources into backing her. Don't know what that means, exactly, though...

Speaking of our resources, we have retained the best legal experts and insurance experts money can buy! We are sure that the matter will be settled appropriately, swiftly, and in such a manner that those of us who wish to focus more on the creative side of this competition, can do so.

Blondes in Blue on Black are coming along!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Is Lightning Lad huge on Bismoll?

You know... the line "I can eat anything... even Lightning Lad's cooking!" really ought to appear somewhere in the chronicles of the Legion.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
blaming the protean? that worn-out old gambit has enough space-dust on it to defeat mordru.

bah!

[Lightning Lord - Post-Boot]

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Lester, baby, what have you done?!?
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mekt Ranzz:
blaming the protean? that worn-out old gambit has enough space-dust on it to defeat mordru.

I don't buy this one either, Mekt... If Proty was doing this to "save" Garth from the consequences of the food, there's no need for that. Most people have accepted and forgiven that.

If Proty's doing this to take all that support given to Garth for himself, he's in serious trouble. The UP has some rather strict regulations concerning the use of shapeshifting abilities... and if they don't land on Proty, the Durlans will!

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:

bah!

[Lightning Lord - Post-Boot]

Not to be argumentative, but you have little right to accuse others of having lame excuses, Mr. I'm not a Twin. Now, go to your dressing room and wait til your holoshoot!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Lester, baby, what have you done?!?

Actually, he was relentless. We finally agreed to let him judge if he'd bleach his hair. We didn't think he'd do it. He did, so there we go.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Seth Gaterra:
quote:

I don't buy this one either, Mekt... If Proty was doing this to "save" Garth from the consequences of the food, there's no need for that. Most people have accepted and forgiven that.

If Proty's doing this to take all that support given to Garth for himself, he's in serious
trouble. The UP has some rather strict regulations concerning the use of shapeshifting abilities... and if they don't land on Proty, the Durlans will!

We completely disassociate ourselves from Proty. We're *really* busy with hair, makeup, wardrobe. We just want to keep the models from feeling any stress from all this. They need to look good for the judges and the voting public.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Heh, Dean is cute and stuff when he acts all demanding! (Sentients, don't worry. Mekt is known to appreciate Sketchy's work and is likely to be amused too. I'm sure Dean is fine. Uh, you are, right, Sketchy?)

I'm a bit disappointed that Aven has bowed out (though I certainly understand why) because he sure is easy on the eyes.

I still don't like Lester's blond hair, but if my baby's happy, I'm happy. Well, when he's having a space-hissy I'm happy too. Isn't he adorable? [Lester Spiffany]

Dreamy's preview looks great. I'm eagerly awaiting the next challenge!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'm sure Mekt is fine with me because he knows he could erradicate me at any moment!

These competitions would be *nothing* without the keen eye and witty observations of Thriftshop Debutante!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.