Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
The Blondes have had their fun, now it's time for the colors to change...

I'm sure there are enough redheads to fill a competition like this, but there are not many brown haired characters, so they get to join the reds. Those with black hair will not be counted. They'll surely get their own competition.

As always, there is a form to fill out...

1. At first, the fair haired competition was allowing those with light red hair, and Lana Lang, aka Insect Queen, was receiving enough nominations to be included. Would you like to see her be a contestant in this competition, or host? Remember, the host is never eliminated.

2. If not Lana, who else would you like to see host the challenge? Dream Girl and Light Lass have been hosts in previous competitions. New nominations are welcome.

3. Who would you like to see judge this competition? Judges from previous competitions are eligible, but new nominations are invited.

4. Who would you like to see compete in this competition? Like in the blonde competition, there will be 5 female and 5 male contestants to start off. Sentients off all ilk are welcome, villains, supporting cast, Legionnaires themselves. List however many you please...

5. List some items that are typically red...some, or who knows? maybe all, will be included in a challenge. Try to be clever, Legionverse related items get first priority.

6. Any locations in mind? Think reds and browns.

7.Anything else?

[ October 25, 2006, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Me first!

1. At first, the fair haired competition was allowing those with light red hair, and Lana Lang, aka Insect Queen, was receiving enough nominations to be included. Would you like to see her be a contestant in this competition, or host? Remember, the host is never eliminated.

I vote for her to host.

2. If not Lana, who else would you like to see host the challenge? Dream Girl and Light Lass have been hosts in previous competitions. New nominations are welcome.

NA

3. Who would you like to see judge this competition? Judges from previous competitions are eligible, but new nominations are invited.

I'd like to see the return of Saturn Girl. I liked Princess Elwinda as a judge. I don't know about the "grumpy" one this time. We need a grump!

4. Who would you like to see compete in this competition? Like in the blonde competition, there will be 5 female and 5 male contestants to start off. Sentients off all ilk are welcome, villains, supporting cast, Legionnaires themselves. List however many you please...

Triad, Spider Girl, Uli Algor, XS, Charma
Ultra Boy, Jed Rikane, Don Allen, Reflecto, Officer Dvron

5. List some items that are typically red...some, or who knows? maybe all, will be included in a challenge. Try to be clever, Legionverse related items get first priority.

Superman's cape, the L on preboot hq, devils, Starburst Bandits, apples, balloons

6. Any locations in mind? Think reds and browns.

Mars, Earth in the fall, volcanoe with lava flowing, Hell (eek!)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
1) Lana as a contestant. Have a red-headed Mysa be the host.

3. Judges: Lester did a good job. Bring back Saturn Girl. And for color, Dr. Mayavale

4. Lana Lang, Sun Boy, Lightning Lad, Jimmy Olsen, Fire Lad. If there is time, I may add some more as I think of them.

5. The Starburst Bandits are red, aren't they? Walking Money, um um um Strawberries.

6.Actually a green jungle would be cool as a contrast. Having them be in outer space in trans suits would be cool too.

Ooh Ooh I second Triad and XS

[ October 18, 2006, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
What about pink hair? Does that fit with the redheads, or will there be a pink/blue/green/purple Rainbow Brite group later?

(I am still keen on Ji Daggle.)

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for the early-on suggestions!

I do plan on an "Alien" competition, where Ji would be a prime candidate, and to be honest, I want that one to be all female. I think starting with a higher number of contestants could be do-able, though.

Still, I hereby allow Ji Daggle's nomination here. All you have to do is get her seconded....

[ October 18, 2006, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Spider-Girl, (red) White Witch, Lana Lang, Titania, Shvaugn Erin, Triad (she can have three hairstyles and three poses in a single picture, that cheater!)

Lightning Lad, Fire Lad, Ultra Boy, Colossal Boy, Karate Kid

For a judge, someone without hair. A bewildered Blok, or resigned Tellus, or exuberant Quislet, wondering what all the fuss is about, could be amusing.

Spider-Girl would be my first choice for hostess, because the hostess is the one that gets to appear in the most pictures with the most styles, and Spider-Girl has the most to work with...

For the backdrops / scenes, perhaps one of the figure in action, kicking the butt of something that is red or brown, like Tyr or a blazing meteorite.

Will there be a 'bald and beautiful' challenge for people like Yera Allon and Sharn Nux? [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Alright! I'm doing a 2 fer! Please be advised that there is an ALIEN GIRL challenge beginning now, too! Please visit both threads and NOMINATE ya'll!!!

Whew! LLL!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
RED NOMINATIONS:

female:

Lana Lang Insect Queen; Uli Algor; Kinetix; Spider Girl;

male:

Jediah Rikkane; Sun Boy; Reflecto; Sean Erin

BROWN NOMIANTIONS:

female:

Triad/Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel; Gigi C.; Catspaw; Monica Sade

male:

Colossal Boy; Timber Wolf; Ultra Boy; Lester Spiffany

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I *love* the idea of bald judges!

nominees:

Braino of Mrynah, Anti-Lad, Mantis Morlo, & Yera!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
1) and 2) I like red-haired Mysa as a host.

3) Quislet as a judge! Mayavale too! Braino!

4)

female: Saturn Girl (in her original appearance!); Triplicate Girl; Uli Algor; Spider Girl

male: Invisible Kid; Myron Marks; Jediah Rikane; Fire Lad!

5) The Scarlet Spiral Coral of the Underwater World of Vavalla! The red fins of the Legion clubhouse! The Planetary chance machine! The blazing red sun of Planet Tharr!

6) Ventura! Mars! Sun City!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Here are some names that have come up more than once...

Contestants:

FEMALE
Lana Lang Insect Queen
Triad and/or her alt identities
XS
Spider Girl
Uli Algor

MALE
Ultra Boy
Jed Rikaine
Reflecto
Colossal Boy
Sun Boy
Lightning Lad

Judges:
Saturn Girl
Dr. Mayavale
Quislet
Braino

Host:
Red headed Mysa Nal

Red item:
Starburst Bandits

Keep the nominations/votes coming....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Why not Lana to compete?

2. Lady Mysa (postboot) as host.

3. For the grumpy judge, how about the postboot Leland McCauley? Saturn Girl to keep order, and Mayavale to keep comparing the contestants to their past lives (I should have a list of redheads from history in one of my books, if that'll help you with scripting?).

4. Females: Lana Lang, Kinetix, Ji Daggle, Triad, XS
Males: Live Wire, Dirk Morgna (post-Elementals), Invisible Kid, Ultra Boy, Reflecto

5. Starburst Bandits, for the action scene. For a costuming idea, everyone dress like Laurel Kent? [Wink]

6. Mars is good, or the Painted Desert if you want a larger range of colors to work with.

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Can there be a competition for the bald sentients and the special cases (P-Pete, Fire Lad, Gas Girl)? With judge Tarik the Mute and co-starring Tarik the Mute's Android.
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Hee! Hey, anything can happen!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Can there be a competition for the bald sentients and the special cases (P-Pete, Fire Lad, Gas Girl)? With judge Tarik the Mute and co-starring Tarik the Mute's Android.

That would give Sketch Lad a chance to draw more of the Fatal Five? Tharok and the Persuader are bald. And I think the nimbused version of Mano would count with the "special cases". [Wink]
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.