Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I meant Gym'll not Mayavale.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
[I Dunno]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'm 2/3s of the way through coloring the next challenge. Going well. It won't be done tonight, though....probably tomorrow.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Yaaay!! [Big Grin]

[Color Kid]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The Autumn Auburns have been finned or feathered! Who should swim or fly away?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
FISH & BIRDS, OR: THE ONE WHERE NO ONE WEARS A SHIRT

Val. KK as a Thanagarian seems very natural. The pose, not so much. (Try to put your chin up that high and see what I mean.)

Lana. The eyebrows have it! She's got it, she knows it. Love the underwater "updo"! Nice makeup.

Garth. Or should I say "Warren Worthington"? Either way, are you all right? You look a bit concerned, and your right arm isn't right.

Ji. Lovely. Nice touch on the antennae shapes (reminds me of something, will have to get back on it).

Don. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one and decide that the stock-still "pose" is for aerodynamic purposes.

Lu. Oh, the smile playing at her mouth. She looks like she's about to burst right out of the holo! Leave it to Lu to give us 3D in 2D. Dang, girl.

OUT:

GARTH

and

JI (the personality shown by the other two trumps Ji's undeniably pretty holo)

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Here come de judgment! --> [Lester Spiffany]

Tee hee!

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
The women are all great, it's very difficult to choose one. Lu, in particular, is excellent. I'll choose to reject Lana, under duress.
This time KK didn't do very well, but he's been much better in other events. I'd want to keep him around, so I vote to reject Don.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Geez, these are both so hard for me this time!

For the boys, I really liked Don's picture-- he sort of reminded me of Archangel from the X-Men (in a good way)-- but I felt like Karate Kid was sort of ripping off Hawkman (in a less good way). Still, I think Garth was the weakest of the three, so I've gotta vote him out.

As far as the girls go, they were all absolutely gorgeous. Seriously, Dean, you outdid yourself like whoa and even typing this now I'm still a little bit torn. But, if I must make a decision, I'm picking Ji because I feel as though she hasn't embraced the autumn auburn theme as much as the other two.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Who should go?

Garth 2 votes
Don 1 vote

Ji 2 votes
Lana 1 vote

Polls are still wide open...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Very, VERY nice pictures here. It's hard to decide. But someone has to go, so, reject Don and Lu.
Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure I want to vote against any of these girls, they are all awesome!

Don Allen and Val, on the other hand, I'm torn. I don't like either of 'em, and would vote both of 'em out before any of the girls, but in a toss, my hope to see something better from Val in the future leads me to vote out Don.

I guess, under duress, Ji Daggle goes. Too much background flash, obscuring her natural beauty. Lana and Lu manage to *own* their shots in a way that Ji doesn't quite manage. Sorry Ji, maybe next time.

Bye Don, bye Ji.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I really like how Garth and Lu are heading straight for the viewer - very dynamic. Garth seems to have picked up quite some speed already, and he's looking so determined - wonder where he's going. Lu makes a perfectly friendly, curious and impish sea creature; she's totally irresistible.

Lana has this flirtatious, mischievous air as well. Love the pastelly reddish colours and the floaty hair.

Not too fond of Don and all that metal he's dragging around. I just can't unite my vision of a graceful flyer with someone wearing something weighing him down that heavily. And it's just such a cold, artificial contrast to the naturalness of the wings, as well. Val fares much better in that regard.

Ji looks glamorous, with graceful, supple lines. No, really, she's totally gorgeous, but since one female contestant has to go, I'll vote her out because she comes across as cooler and more remote than Lana and Lu, and I like that less than the other two's vivaciousness and playfulness.

Out:

Don and Ji (sniff.)

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject Don Allen & Lana Lang.

Garth & Lu = !!!!!!! (It's interesting how the opinions vary.)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
All three girls are looking particularly nice.

Lana rocks. She's totally got the whole "Lori Lemaris better not lay her hands on my man Clark" vibe going on!

Lu is just so sexy as well! I don't care for the multi-colored eyes, though.

Ji looks like a beautiful, but her personality doesn't come through as well as the others, so she's the one I'm going to be voting out.

For the boys:

I agree with Imra regarding Val. He looks very heroic.

Garth has a very similar pose to Lu's, and I really like it. The whole "coming straight at the camera" effect.

Don is just kind of boring. The hands at the side, little facial expression. I dunno. Just not doing anything for me.

So, JI and DON.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.