Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Current standings...
Who should go?
Don Allen 6 votes
Lightning Lad 2 votes

Ji Daggle 5 votes
Lana 2 votes
Lu 1 vote

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
It's a good thing it wasn't fems vs. dudes or all three of them guys would be crying in their beer.

(Lu sure drives a lot of boys to drink -- and cry -- but I guess that's the way it is when you're Carggite. Recall the Chuck-Chuck conversation just before they blinked out of existence.)

Sketch Lad
Advisor

There's no question that I prefer drawing girls!

I mean, I like drawing the guys, too, but I just seem to be better at drawing the girls.

There are times when I feel guilty that I'm just Sketch Lad instead of Meticulous-Pencils-Clean-Inks-Polished-Colors Lad, but I'm hoping you guys can overlook some of my short-comings as an artist, and have fun with the competition.

I suppose having those weaknesses in the art makes it easier to decide who to cut, right?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Don't be talkin' nonsense, Sketchy. Sometimes the guys have a stronger showing than the gals -- just not this time. The Double-Xers walked all over the boys even sans feet.

Oh, and I like your coloring very much. [Color Kid]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

There's enough of a margin to declare Don and Ji the rejects!

The finale is coming very soon!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Garth. Let's talk.

I've noted that while you've turned in some good holos, there's been stiffness and some instances where your arms are "off". (I don't think it's humanly possible to hold a space-champagne glass that way.) Another of your AFO Lad episodes (bizarre kitchen accident, perhaps)?

Then there's that other possibility. We've seen it before, and, more to the point, we've seen it here recently.

Are you or aren't you?

Sketch Lad
Advisor

My standard post-rejection spillage...

This challenge evolved from the previous cancelled challenges. Mars, greens...men are from Mars, women are from Venus.... Venus has a watery reputation, right? Okay, the Men on Mars will have wings and the women on Venus will have fins!

I kept Lana traditional with the pearls and shells. I think Lash called it "vanilla."

After I drew Lu's face, the rest just happened naturally. Luck... divinity? Whatever works!

I quite liked Ji's pose and extra long sheer hair. I liked the bold background.

Karate Kid's sketches did evoke thoughts of Hawkman, so I just went with it!

Garth's face paint was a late addition to the composition. I thought it worked.

Don is definitely going for aerodynmics, and he ought to know... His shiny ensemble *must be* a very lightweight, 30th century material, right?

I love that there's so much discussion about each round, nowadays! Thanks for that.

I'm quite pleased with the pencils for the final round, so far...

a spoiler.....

There'll be a shake-up in judging!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Hooray! The Empress!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Time to vote!

Who is your male winner and your female winner?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Garth and Lu take it!
Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Delivery Girl:
Garth and Lu take it!

She's right!

I especially liked the coloring touches on Lu, the glint of orange in her eye and the hints of purple and orange in her lipstick.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

LU

VAL

Were those judges exposed to secondhand mist? Hate Face, Lana usually does have a mischievous expression, but here? Like Marte says, she looks like a doll. Vacant! Not good and not her.. Oh, and while that's a nice Garth (or is that "Garth"?) pic, it's Val who is so very clearly up to something.

PS: I want Hate Face to be in a model competition.

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go with Garth and Lu.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Lu and Garth for the win!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Who should win?

Lu 5 votes
Lana 0

Garth 4 votes
KK 1 vote

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.