Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Autumn Auburns Discussion Thread
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Garth and Lu to win.

And yes, the hints of purple and orange in Lu's face shot made it for me, great job. I didn't like KK this time, there is something wrong with one of his eyes. Lana is just 'not there'.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, Lu and Garth take this one for me, too. Lana looks so squeaky-clean and wholesome and Mayberry I could retch.

I'm loving Sarya's furry hat!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
They're un-touchable! Garth and Lu win! This challenge had more obstacles along the way than any other, but it was great fun to work on! Thanks everyone, for being involved.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Whoops, missed the finale! I’d have actually voted for Lana, not that it would have done her any good. [Big Grin]

Still, her expression is not vacant or squeaky-clean, it’s, uh, gentle and innocent! She can’t be mischievous all around the clock, right? That’s her being caught alone, in a private moment, where her wholesome, apple-pie-ish good heart is really shining through. Or, um, something.

Digging around in this thread some more:

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Don is definitely going for aerodynmics, and he ought to know... His shiny ensemble *must be* a very lightweight, 30th century material, right?

I always keep forgetting that this is THE FUTURE, which is above such trivial concerns as weight and gravity. My bad. [Embarrassed]

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
There are times when I feel guilty that I'm just Sketch Lad instead of Meticulous-Pencils-Clean-Inks-Polished-Colors Lad, but I'm hoping you guys can overlook some of my short-comings as an artist, and have fun with the competition.

I suppose having those weaknesses in the art makes it easier to decide who to cut, right?

Personally I’d say I prefer pictures which have a fun, original and creative idea behind them to technically perfect, but sterile and boring ones. Since you always deliver on the idea front and rarely exhibit any artistic weaknesses (what weaknesses? Pah! Gotta get me a magnifying glass and hunt for them next time), I wager the audience sure is having fun. I am!

Anyway, congrats to the Autumn Auburns winners, they sure deserve their victory!

My heart goes out to the judges as well -

Mrs. Allon, whose strapping son certainly was robbed of victory by his non-appearance in the contest, her Highness the Emerald Empress, who’s suddenly found herself judging a type of competition not quite suited to her tastes, and most of all Mr. Hate Face, who always delivers such earnest, tactful commentary and never lets himself be derailed in his judging duties.

[ November 21, 2006, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Insomniac Girl ]

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.