Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » FEMS Discussion Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: FEMS Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Lash! Very nice of you to say that.

I'm very happy with all of my sketches except for one. However, I'm going to keep it in the mix and post it as is, rather than redo it.

The first round of sketches show the FEMS as we have seen them in the books. Naturally, after everyone has seen *my* rendition of them, I'll start depicting them the way I want to, which makes it fun for me....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I'm very happy with all of my sketches except for one. However, I'm going to keep it in the mix and post it as is, rather than redo it.
After the voting, I'd be interested in hearing which one didn't feel right for you.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The five I am voting out are:
Drura - she already won one contest, let's give others a chance to shine

Ji - the orange skin and red hair combo just doesn't do anything for me

Shikari - she doesn't look like she wants to be in the contest

Kono - I'm betting that this was the skecth you weren't happy with

Theena - the thing on her back is just too distracting

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Five, eh?

All right.

Kono: Something seems a little off about the proportions in this pic. Maybe it's the jacket causing it.

Shikari: Beautiful and exotic looking. I like!

Lady Memory: I don't care much for the green swimsuit outfit or the hairstyle.

Sharn: She'd be much less scary-looking if she had pupils.

Drura: Cute, as always.

Dominator: Definitely a unique look.

Theena: Hmm... I really want to see more Dean drawings of her, so let's keep her in.

Teacher: All mystic-y looking, for sure, but doesn't really do a lot for me.

Grava: Parse me to the C-limit!

Ryk'rr: Doesn't she have a third arm?

Tiger: Gorgeous! So chessy 80s!

Ji: Jillikers! Is she really old enough to be Cham's mom!

Veilmist: You've got to love the veiled face when so little else is covered!

I'm voting out:

Kono, Lady Memory, Sharn, Teacher, and... Ryk'rr.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject Kono, Drura, the female Dominator, Comet Queen and Ji Daggle
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Comments first, votes last.

Kono: I agree that the proportions are off, but I like her smile. And the t-shirt! I'd like to see her continue.

Shikari: nice enough pic, but she can do better, I think.

Lady Memory: I think she'll do well. Gotta have that blue-green

Sharn: I liked her more than I thought I would. Like that eye movement. (Such that it is. She didn't have visible pupils or irises? Heck if I can remember.)

Drura: Not her best, not even close. Did she phone this in?

Dominator: very nice! I thought she was a bit younger, but it's been awhile since I've seen those issues. Well, a slightly aged (if that is the case) 'Mina is fine.

Theena: want to see more

Teacher: just gorgeous.

Grava: Comet Queen isn't really a favorite of mine, but THIS PIC! It's true to her canon portrayal, but it stands out. Is it the lines? The coloring? I dunno, but this just may be my favorite of the bunch. I love it when you surprise me, Dean.

Ryk'rr: The doctor is in! But remember to show your third arm sometimes.

Tiger: I can't be objective. Skin that's flaming red just looks painful.

Ji: Hey, it's Flo-Ji!

Veilmist: I still think she looks like an Earther.

Vote out: Drura, Tiger, Veilmist...
Shikari, and Ji

Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Voting out Shikari, Sharn, Dominator, Grava, and Ryk'rr.
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Drop Ryk'rr, Grava, Dominator, Kono and Teacher.

Lady Memory, Sharn and Shikari look neat in this one.

Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice! I especially like serene Shikari (goes perfectly with serene Karate Kid in the Autum Auburns), Sharn Nux (that picture captures her character so well) and the Teacher, who is just all-around exotic awesomeness.

Out with

Kono
Infectious Lass
Tiger Girl
Veilmist
Ji Daggle

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Bald green chicks don't do it for me. (Green chicks with hair ala She-Hulk and Star Trek: The Menagerie are a different story). Out with SHARN NUX.

I think the doctor isn't in at all. Looks like RYK'RR is totally out of place. She must go sooner rather than later.

I've hated the DOMINATORs ever since TMK's brilliant, bloody Terra Mosaic arc. I know the young chick one wasn't evil and stuff, and she was a teleporter (my favorite power), but no WAY.

COMET QUEEN's picture looks great, but she just isn't a, y'know, traditional beauty, even for a space-alien, is she? I don't think she has what it takes.

KONO totally blew it wearing that colossal coat.

Those are my 5 rejectees.

*additional comments:

Chicks with antennae rule. Rock on Ji and Dru.

Shikari has potential.

I think both Lady Memory and Veilmist only have skin color keeping them in the 'alien' category. I think they both have incredible beauty to keep them in this contest.

Theena has one heck of a monkey on her back. I can see it hurting her in the long run, but for now I want to see what Dean can make of her.

I also am interested to see what Dean can do with Teacher.

[ October 27, 2006, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Goodbye to

Kono - She looks a little odd and outta place.

Teacher - Quite imposing but not right for this competition

Ryk'rr - I like my aliens taller, and not in a lab jacket.

Tiger - Sexy but kinda red, the colours they hurt my eyes.

Ji - Why would a shapeshifter enter a beauty contest?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Update! Who should go? Votes:

KONO 7
JI 5
RYK'RR 4
SHARN 4
DOMINATOR 4
DRURA 4
GRAVA 4
SHIKARI 3
TIGER 3
TEACHER 3
VEILMIST 2
THEENA 1
LADY MEMORY 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

In order to move on, the polls are now closed.
Almost half the semi-finalists are gone now, leaving us with our finalists. Congratulations!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Now that the voting is over, I can spill...

I hated my picture of Drura! I normally have great luck at drawing her. I just felt like that picture wasn't very...special.

Yes, in trying to make Kono's jacket all bulky and bunchy, I forgot that a normal sized body was underneath. The proportions were off.

I'm glad Dr. Ryk'rr didn't make it. I don't really care for her style. I bet I would have made her bald with the little stumps if she continued.

The rest went along just fine. Now I get to take them and do things my way!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set

Awesome, I'll miss Sharn and Ji, but at least we get to see more of Shikari, Theena and Lady Memory (I really thought Shikari was a goner!).
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.