Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Naming unnamed characters (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Naming unnamed characters
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, this comes from Sketch Lad's Alien Girl pin-up contest.

One potential contestant is the Green flower draped teacher from the Sorceror's World.

Sketch Lad has taken to calling her "Flower"
Thriftshop Debutante has suggested "Poppy"
I have offered "Rose" and am also thinking "Gardenia"

Any other suggestions?

Also any other unnamed characters that we should name?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohh, I like Gardenia...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
what about

Flora

Verdure

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Did Purple Eyestalk Guy ever get a name?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

Not that I know of. Do you have a suggested name for him?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Quis, I was thinking of Rose earlier, but suggested Poppy because it's charming and perhaps unexpectedly bubbly. Plus it's a wee nod to The Wizard of Oz.

I hope The Teacher make it to the competition under any name 'cause she is FAB. WWLSH doesn't show it, but she has starfield action on her head! I'm looking at LSH 292 and man, did Giff do that up.

The Female Dominator may need a name too....

Sketchy luvvvvvvvs commentary and will probably be tickled to see that the Big Q started a thread on this issue!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

Not that I know of. Do you have a suggested name for him?
Well, they're really a species, so I would suspect they have a variety of different names.

However, Gruertis Nyebif is one such sentient.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
And I've always referred to unamed-female-Dominator-with-teleportation-powers as "Wisp", because of the wisps of smoke left behind when she teleports people.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Nice!
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

As for the Purple Eyestalk Sentients, don't forget Superman Two! (DCCP 59)
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Arbor Lass [Razz]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Was [Tiger Girl] Tiger Girl ever Officially named? I like the Name "Satomi Tiger" (Stolen from "He died with a Felafel in his hand"
Click for fullsize image

[ October 21, 2006, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Joe-Boy Harvestar ]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultra lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultra lad   Email ultra lad         Edit/Delete Post     
what was the name of the big guy that appeared annual #3 of baxter series that stared new sub onpage 40 between shadow kid and laural kent
From: texas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Other unnamed (and forgotten!) characters are Marla Lantham's wife and kids. Their picture was on his desk at the Metropolis Spaceport in the 5YL series. I always thought of her as "Marge", but never gave the kids names. I'm still waiting for them to appear, all grown up, as villains.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Great fun, Quis! I was thinking it'd be interesting to do an Unnamed Wonders theme for the pinup model competition. Naturally, I'd prefer all girls....

One unnamed wonder I have in mind is the girl with the red beehive hairdo like Lydda's, from Bouncing Boy's origin story, which also featured Storm Boy and Mr. Lester Spiffany! She was cute! I haven't thought of a name to call her though...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.