Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I was hoping Lydda would make it to the finals. What she could have done here! Well, she can rest satisfied that her first holo is among the best of all in the series.

WINNERS:

LEUNG
for sure

The guys are rather evenly matched even though Rond's classical and Ulu's avant garde.

ULU

But if Rond wins I won't mind a bit.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Leung gets my vote for the girls. Man, she rocked this challenge. And kudos to you - The red lipstick was everything that actually *worked* about Sin City.

Frake's was interesting, but it showcased the shadow pattern more than *her*. More a statement than a portrait.

The boys took me a while to decide. Of *course* Ulu has a good sense of how to work the light, and the definition in his pic is great... but I'm going with the other guy.

Rond's pic is just more *striking*. He knows how to use his best feature, that kid, what can I say.

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Who should win?

Frake 1
Leung 2

Color Kid 2
Rond Vidar 1

So far...

(Thanks for the immmediate returns, TD,FC and PDG!)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Frake and Rond to win
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I think this is your most striking set of portraits yet, Dean, from any of the competitions.

For the women, I'm voting Leung to win. I think PDG hit it just right, and I agree with her for my reasoning.

The guys are tougher. I'm tempted to vote for Color Kid because I wanted him to be in the competition so much, and it is a nice portrait. But I also wanted Rond in to represent the sexy nerds, and, well, in the end, I just find him more attractive. So Rond to win.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
this is my first time ever voting but I just couldn't choose before. well, I think Color Kid and Captain Frank's are the best, or at least, I want them to win. I'm including all of their other pictures in this vote too.

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm voting for Rond and Leung to win. Even though I liked the Frake pic a bit more this time, I think Leung has been consistently stronger. And Rond has rocked this whole competition.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Team Leung and Rond for the win!
Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Rond and Leung to win!

Same thoughts as the others, Rond's showcased his eyes, which was a smart move, and while Leung may not be as striking as Captain Frake in this last set of pictures, she's working with the shadows, while Captain Frake seems to be working against them.

I gotta say, the last person I expected to see in a model competition was Darkseid... Well, other than Tellus, bless his nasty wrinkled fish-butt face.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Cap'n Frake and Rond to win!! I just love the way the color offset the black and white in their pictures. [Big Grin] Great, great work, Dean. On all of them.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't care that he was only the host, in my book Matter-Eater Lad rocked the competition!

I'm doing a write-in vote for TENZIL to win for the guys.

I'm voting FRAKE to win for the girls because I've liked her pictures more on a regular basis (though I would have rather seen Lydda make the finale over either of them).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Rond and Capt Frake for the win! This has been so much fun. Great job throughout! Thanks
From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for all the votes!

The current standings....

Frake 6
Leung 6

Rond 8
Color Kid 3
Tenzil 1

Polls remain open...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm tempted to write Tenz in as well...

But I'm going with Leung and Rond.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my god. I'm off the computer for a few days and Saturn Girl goes INSANE. (That image of her projecting Spiffany was TERRIFYING.) Darkseid, you and your shenanigans.

While this round, Rond's picture definitely was more striking and exploited his eyes very effectively (Ulu could've done more, really - maybe with the rainbow stripe, seeing as his eyes are kind of... sunken in there or something), overall - like, throughout the entire contest, Colour Kid has been phenomenal.

Under the same guidelines, I'm going to have to put Frake over Leung, even though the presidential-potential had a beautifully done picture, reminiscent of, perhaps, Japanese geishas?

Colour Kid and Cap'n Frake for me.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.