Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: RAVEN HAIR Discussion Thread
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm sticking with Stiletta (she can wear blue contacts can't she? [Wink] ), Lydda with the biggest hair and Mystelor.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't tell who is who. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
It looks like we are getting the more easy-going Saturn Girl of the 70s as a judge. [Smile]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, the judges have been intro'd. Obviously, we've just skimmed over the whole Mystery Girl thing...

Notes about the contestants...

These intro shots basically give you the "version" of the characters I'll be basing my drawings on. As we've seen in past competitions, just because someone looks a certain way in the intro doesn't mean they'll keep looking that way throughout.

I feel I'm presenting a classic Superboy, not too young not too close to Superman. Somewhat like the cartoon version.

My Phantom Girl is kind of an amalgamation of all the versions of her. Simple beauty.

I give Jungle King more of an "ethnic" look of some kind. Bigger muscles than in the book and more of a tan. Seemed right to me.

This is Vi from the TMK era, or maybe right after. She is a harder, tougher than ever Vi, but she still has the basic features nature provided. I like to imagine how Grell or Cockrum might have depicted her in this era.

Ever since the Subs special, Color Kid has had filled-in-black eyes. Then, in TMK, he had those stripes added. I couldn't help it, I had to put in those white pupils.

This might not be the most flattering picture of Captain Frake. Trust me, she'll redeem herself in the first challenge!

A very basic picture of Rond Vidar. We'll see what he comes up with as we go...

I think Kid Quantum is gorgeous!

Kind of a geeky picture of Cosmic Boy, but you definitely get the idea of his type.

At first I drew Leung without looking back at the issue she appeared in. I did pretty well. I gave her "bangs" or "fringe" across her forehead. So I fixed that. I think she's lovely.

The dashing Star Boy picture was easy to do.

I love Night Girl's hair! She's great fun to draw!

Looking forward to coloring and posting the first challenge. I'll need a bit of time to get it done....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
HOW did I miss the intro photos when I looked in Bits a few hours ago?!?!?

Commentary comin' up!

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

My favorite three:

Vi commands your gaze.

Ulu. I nominated him for his "strange/cool visual" and I am NOT disappointed.

Leung. I love the pleased-and-flattered smile-with-closed-eyes.

Jungle King looks like he knows what he's doing. I wonder if he's done holo-commercials or something?

There's a bit of an earringathon!

Jaz looks like she has breakout potential.

Rond, you're the rep for non-powered lads. I want you to throw yourself into this like the Earth's water supply depends on it.

The Mystery Girls have the makings of a fine espionage squad. Maybe they could play a prank or two on Dev-Em in their downtime. Ha, ha, ha!

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Great introductory pictures, Dean. In general, I liked the women much more than the men: Tinya, Vi, Frake and Leung are excellent. Jungle King is the best of the men. Cosmic Boy, Rond, Star Boy and Superboy are OK, but a bit boring (something does seem to be going on with Superboy's hair, though...) Hopefully they all will step it up once the competition starts. Color Kid looks weird, but good. Night Girl, of course, has great potential with that beehive hairdo of hers, but I hope she doesn't use it in every single competition. And Jazmin... I don't think she made it for me this time. Something about her mouth, I think.

If this was an elimination round I would have voted to eliminate Superboy and Jazmin.

If you need a guest host, or a guest judge, how about Jacques Foccard?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for the comments, Doc! Jacques has been requested at least a couple times, so I do feel like that rates an appearance (irony!) of some kind.

I am VERY excited about the upcoming challenges! I've pretty much worked out what's going to happen all the way through. I learned a big lesson on the Auburns competition not to do what I consider "repetitive" challenges. I mean, if I have to draw and color the same thing 10 -12 times, I get VERY bored with it! Suffice to say, I think the upcoming imagery is not dull.

So, the first challenge is totally pencilled and written, I just have to scan, color and post. That does take some time. I actually can't wait for the Top 10 challenge now.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I never would have recognized mystery girl Laurel Kent with the long hair. Has she ever had long hair?

(And technically, shouldn't she *always* have long hair, or does she have some sort of Kryptonian invulnerable-hair-cutting scissors? Huh, I just found a job for Persuader, he can be the hairstylist to the various Kryptonians and Daxamites, since he's got the one thing in the universe that can cut their hair...)

Anywho, enough rambling. Leung is gorgeous. Kid Quantum is also a fave, although I'd like her to look stronger, maybe even with a bit of attitude or sass. I'm kinda partial to the Superboy's Legion take on Tinya, all dark and mischievous, but this works, too.

Captain Frake? Eh. I have no idea who she is.

As for the dudes, Jungle King is working the, uh, leopard-sash-thing-of-space. He's got a bright future ahead of him decorating sleazy romance novels, methinks, staring resolutely into the distance as the sun sets over the carribean seas behind him, wind tousling his hair, ruffly shirt blowing off of him, fair damsel swooning in the foreground.

Until Captain Frakes shows up and shoves fair damsel into the ocean, and sweeps him up so they can go pirating together, anyway.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Here's a pic of Laurel K. with long hair.

Some Captain Frake info for those of you who missed that glorious chapter of the Legion saga.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh, I'd meant to add that the judges' commentary is never written until after the challenge pencilling is done. The discussions *always* go their own way, I feel like I'm just channelling something.... I can't wait to see how they'll react to the second challenge!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, BLACK AND WHITE BALL has been intro'd! Stay tuned for the actual contest...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
That is one sexy picture of Tenz. Like, whoa. I'm really excited for this challenge!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Wait til you see the top 4's challenge! *tease* tease*

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'm officially 1/3 of the way through coloring the first challenge!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.