Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » (animated)LOSH fic: Copycat

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (animated)LOSH fic: Copycat
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
31 Century, Legion Headquarters Main Room
With the Fatal Five getting stronger and stronger, the Legion was desperate for a new member. But they'd searched all the planets known to have humanoid live forms. Nothing. No one had super powers, much less qualified for the Legion. They had just about given up hope. That was, until Superman got an idea.
"We've searched every planet in the galaxy. We're running out of time!" Brainiac 5 wasn't usually one to lose his temper but he had done everything he could think of and with a 12th level intelligence, that was a lot of thoughts.
"Time..." Superman had contributed the least number of ideas so far, (if you counted Bouncing Boy's army of food brought to life as an idea) and he was about due for one. "That's it!" He quickly flew over to the computer and began typing away.
"What's it?" asked Brainy extending his head over Superman's shoulder.
"Time. We need to go back in time and look for another superhero. One no one has ever heard of. Then, we bring them here and defeat the Fatal Five!"
Once again, Brainy was determined to shut the idea down. "Well, if we did find a super hero from the past, brought them here, then sent them back, that would mean they'd continue their super hero work and then the world WOULD have known about them." He placed his head back on his own shoulders. "It's basically, impossible."
Superman turned and walked towards him. "Come on Brainy. What do we have to lose?"
Brainy pondered for a moment. "Well..."
Saturn girl walked up to him. "He has a point Brainy. Come on, just let us at least try."
Brainy sighed. "Alright. If you insist." He walked over to the computer and began typing. "But I'm coming with you." A time traveler pod appeared in front of them. "Just Superman, Saturn girl and me. Bouncing boy, Lightning Lad, Triplicate Girl, Timberwolf, and Phantom Girl you stay here. We should be back...Well, in a second I guess." The three stepped into the pod and it disappeared in a bright flash of light.

21 Century, Lurea’s house
"Come on...Come on..." A faint ghost of the rock sitting on her desk flickered before it disappeared completely. She picked up the rock and chucked it across the room. "Lurea! What was that?" Lurea spun around quickly at her mother's voice. "N-Nothing, Mom! Just dropped something is all." Lurea sighed. "Why can't I get this right?!" She groaned and grabbed her backpack. Her 13 year-old life wasn't as interesting as she thought it would be. She ran out the door with a quick goodbye to her mom. She was hoping to get some practice in before school.

The light flashed again. This time, 1000 years before. "We have arrived at our correct destination according to my calculations." Brainy hopped out of the pod and looked around.
"I just can't get over how different it looks." Saturn girl and Superman soon followed. Superman turned to Saturn girl.
"Sense anything?" She had just gone into one of her trances.
"I...I think I'm picking up some super human powers..."
Brainy spun around. "What?"
She nodded. "Yes. There's someone around here. Close by. I'm sure of it."
Superman immediately flew up and began looking around. "I think you guys might want to see this."

In a small abandoned plot not far from the middle school, a young teenage girl was trying to copy a small bush that had sprouted up by the fence. Lurea was now trying some very irrational methods to copy it, including jumping from the bush to the shimmering ghost of the bush. She then resorted to crouching down on the ground and staring at the plant with her face barely inches from the plant, so she was very shocked when she stood back up and saw three oddly dressed teenagers (one of which was green) standing in front of her.
“Who-Who are you?” she asked taking a few steps backwards.

[ November 24, 2006, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Copycat Girl ]

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool! [Timber Wolf]

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks. I'm half-way done with the next chapter so I'll be working on that today.

--------------------

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking forward to Part 2. Lurea is a very interesting character, and she's hardly begun!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl

wow thanks! but my sis is currently on my laptop where the story is so I'm working on my other story right now.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.