Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » [WB!LoSH] Fan Art - Brainiac 5

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [WB!LoSH] Fan Art - Brainiac 5
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel like I'm really posting up a storm here, so if I'm getting over-enthusiastic about sharing, someone feel free to lob a brick at me. (This is typical behavior for me when I find my way into a new fandom...art and fan fic until I either slam into art/writer's block, or just plain run out of ideas/energy for it.)

-

I drew the above image around 5:30am one morning after getting home from work and showering. My shift is 7pm-4am, and sometimes I can't always get to sleep right off...so I'll read, get online, doodle, etc. I didn't have the focus to do more than a basic sketch, though, so I finished blue-lining it at work while on lunch break, then inked it with a company issued rollerball pen. I realize it's not completely true-to-canon; WB!Brainy doesn't have those heavy treads on his boots, or the segmented finger joints, but I did this from memory and I think some of my Transformer drawing habits carried over. (I kind of like to do a little tweaking when I draw canon characters, anyway.)

I hope I can get motivated enough to sketch up Lightning Lad at some point...I really like his character and design. Plus, I'm sure people here will probably get tired of seeing nothing but Brainiac 5 related material from me after a while. Heh. ^_^;

--------------------
"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
get tired of Brainy?!?! how could anybody!?!?! I have a collection of screenshots of Brainy!! and by the way, this is really weird. you also have an account on deviantart? me too. I saw this picture on deviantart and then I saw it here and once again, freaked.

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Straya
Raging Robophile

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straya   Author's Homepage   Email Straya         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I'm guilty of keeping Brainy screencaps, myself...mostly because I like making Livejournal icons out of them. I'll eventually make one out of Lightning Lad in the fetal position, and well...more Brainy ones.

And yeah, I get around online a bit. I'm on ff.net, Deviant Art, Sheezy Art, a couple of Transformers forums, etc. The funny thing is that I actually spend a lot less time online these days because of my job. ...as opposed to my college years and just after where I'd role play online until my brains about came out my ears. XP

What's your DevArt handle?

[ November 24, 2006, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Straya ]

--------------------
"Not imbalanced, just creatively calibrated!"

Talks about Transformers too much. Likes robots with plenty of bling, er big guns!

From: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
HeatherLorali I posted a comment on one of elementalist-1's drawings that I saw you post on, asking if you were the same Straya on here. I was right!

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Kahn
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Kahn           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome pic!

--------------------
Reality is for people with no imagination!!

From: 30th Century Earth | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool! Another Legion fan artist! Can't be too many of those...

Yes, excellent drawing of Brainy!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! Love the style. More more more!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ojisan
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ojisan   Author's Homepage   Email Ojisan         Edit/Delete Post     
Straya-san~! I joined up here the other day and I just now decided to come check this area out and saw this.

He's still cool, I shouldn't hafta say it because it's so obvious. ^_^

--------------------
Places to contact me-
DeviantArt: Elementalist-1
HEATBLAST.NET: LexiT
Yahoo: meranova

From: Kent County, Delaware (middle of nowhere) | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Great Brainy pic, Straya! Let's definitely see some more!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.