Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: Holiday Hall of Art (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: Holiday Hall of Art
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
All these pics are just great! This board is so full of talent.

For once, I have something to share. It's actually a true story!

How the Legion Saved Christmas

For the first 11 years of my life, I was the only grandchild, so when the family got together, there wasn't a whole lot for me to do -- unless we were at my aunt and uncle's house. There, I had the great privilege to read his extensive back issue collection, and I spent a few years working my way through the Legion catalogue in the comfy chair in his basement comic-book room.

But one December when I was 8 or 9, the adults were downstairs playing darts and making a lot of noise, so I went upstairs to read. (This was before Christmas, so I didn't have new toys to play with -- they were still wrapped under the tree.)

I plopped behind the couch (don't remember why I didn't plop on it) and started reading. After a while, I heard a strange crackling noise and poked my head over the sofa. One of the wood candlesticks on the mantel had caught fire (dripping wax on the paper towel beneath), and flames were going up the wall and headed toward the Christmas tree.

I yelled, "Fire! Fire!" The adults rushed up and were able to put it out. My uncle even used his hand to snuff a flaming ember that had jumped to the tree.

If I hadn't been upstairs reading comic books, I might not be here today to tell this story.

And that's how the Legion saved Christmas!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Here are two that were drawn by me a couple of years ago, and were colored by the greatly-missed Loser Lad (come back soon, Lou!!!).

Gates:

Click for fullsize image

Kinetix:

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I love those. Gates's expression is pricless. [LOL]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Copycat Girl
Candidate in the #1 Brainy fangirl contest - Finals with Fangirl Girl

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Copycat Girl   Email Copycat Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
for some reason I just LOVE the Kinetix one. Never heard of her, but I just love her costume and she looks fantastic!

--------------------
"He's doomed. We all are. Oh, wanna hear a joke?"

"I'm always thinking about you. Because according to the restraining order, that's all I'm allowed to do."

From: Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Til I have time to make new stuff, here's the Bouncing Boy ornament I made a coupla years ago:
 -

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
I WANT LEGION ORNAMENTS!

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
and its great to see some new (though old) stuff from Cru! it seems like its been awhile.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay I'm in between final projects but I wanted to get this out to y'all. Happy Holidays!

-

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
The Christmas Tree

A real Christmas tree was a rarity on Earth. Imports had been forbidden since 2980, after the Tamaranian Rust Beetle infestation had wiped out the few native conifers. Now only one Clonal Regeneration Facility remained, fenced and guarded, supplying a few annual evergreens to the wealthiest households.

They'd never had one, of course. Her mother refused any of the credits Father had sent in those years he was out of prison. Not that even those sums would have paid for a live tree. No point in wishing, she scolded herself, but still she wondered what it would be like, as she began to unfold the shiny Lumatree.

There was a rustling sound outside her apartment door. She paused, heard footsteps receding down the hallway, the lift door closing, then silence. Opening the door, a mass of green fell onto her and a scent she had never imagined filled the air. She looked down and saw a faint glow along the perfectly smooth cut trunk. Only one axe in the galaxy cut like that, she knew, and didn't even have to read the tag tied to a branch, "Merry Christmas, Lialla".

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangirl Girl
Every Bishonen's Worst Nightmare

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fangirl Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Fangirl Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

Here's my little donation, since I haven't seen anything from WB!LoSH yet!

--------------------
Beware Fangirl Girl! Her power will force you into saucy slash situations you cannot escape from! *evil laugh* Don't drop the soap!

From: Washington state, have a second home in hell though where I stay when called in | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to be drawing from the past again, so to speak, but I haven't had much time for drawing lately.

This is a Crujectra pic I did a few years ago on the old Yahoo!Group. I look at it now and see the flaws, but at the time I was happy with it [Big Grin]

-

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Fangirl, Angelfire isn't letting me see what you posted [Frown]

Great work everybody! Love seeing so many contributions from so many different folks...

Fangirl Girl
Every Bishonen's Worst Nightmare

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fangirl Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Fangirl Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Stupid angelfire! >_<;; Hold on a second, I'll see if I can link it...

http://www.angelfire.com/droid/brainy/saras_stuff/Tripgirl_christmas.jpg

--------------------
Beware Fangirl Girl! Her power will force you into saucy slash situations you cannot escape from! *evil laugh* Don't drop the soap!

From: Washington state, have a second home in hell though where I stay when called in | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
Still wont work as a link but I can cut & paste it and see the image

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

One more from me:
 -
Super mistletoe...of space!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.