Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion Amalgams

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion Amalgams
RED-001
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED-001   Email RED-001         Edit/Delete Post     
My Night Girl in Nightwing's very first costume post got me wondering how would the other Legionaries look in costumes of other comic book characters or an amalgamation of such?

Here's a listing to start off from:

DC
Marvel
Hanna-Barbera superheroes
Pokemon
Yu-Gi-Oh

Maybe you can add your own! [Wink]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a long list of Avengers/Legion amalgams.

Thor/Lightning Lad
Iron Man/Ferro Lad
Captain America/Cosmic Boy
Vision/Phantom Girl
Wasp/Shrinking Violet

and many other from the heroes side.

Computron: Computo/Ultron
Mordu/Loki
Time Trapper/Kang

etc. I actually made some micros for some of these I have to post some time.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
How bout a 30th Century Doom Patrol?

Post-ZH Violet/Elasti-Girl
Wildfire/Negative Man
Ferro/Robotman (I think Amalgam _kinda_ did this with Ferro Man)
Chameleon/Beast Boy
Saturn Girl/Mento

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RED-001
Applicant

I was gonna add Star Wars but I can't think of which Legionarie to amalgamate with (shudder) Jar Jar Binks!!!

How would the Legion look as Transformers or maybe the mecha from the first Robotech series-Macross?

Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by RED-001:
I was gonna add Star Wars but I can't think of which Legionarie to amalgamate with (shudder) Jar Jar Binks!!!

Quislet?

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Not-So-Bad Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by RED-001:

Quislet?
No. Quislet was intelligent.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the Doom Patrol idea NSBL.

Star Wars, Transformers, and Robotech are good ideas also.

Jar-Jar? That Lori girl? Or the horse guy?

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
ears-fall-off boy!

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess the question is, do we want Legionnaires who match for powers, or who match in personality / character role? Few of them are direct ports.

Fantastic Four
Mr Fantastic – Brainiac 5
Invisible Woman – Invisible Kid
Human Torch – Sun Boy
Thing – Blok

Teen Titans
Robin – ?
Wonder Girl – Thunder
Kid Flash – XS
Cyborg – Gear
Beast Boy – Chameleon
Raven – Princess Projectra? Shadow Lass (the Superboy's Legion version)?
Starfire – Comet Queen?

X-Men
Cyclops – Wildfire?
Wolverine – Timber Wolf
Jean Grey – Saturn Girl
Iceman – Polar Boy
Angel – Dawnstar
Beast - ?
Storm - Nightwind?
Psylocke - ?
Dazzler – Sun Boy
Colossus – Ferro Lad
Banshee – Tyroc / Myg
Thunderbird - yet more Timber Wolf?

[ July 01, 2007, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Of course, I would like to see a story called 'The Legion of Extraordinary Gentlemen,' set during WWII.

Action team
Lightning Lad, 'the Human Dynamo' – can store great quantities of electrical energy within his energized body, but has to recharge, can use the electricity to boost his own physical performance, or simply to electrocute people (British)

Saturn Girl, 'Lady Mesmer' – able to hypnotize people with lightning speed, even groups of people, can interrogate flawlessly, convince them that she’s someone else, make them forget everything they’ve seen, etc. (German)

Cosmic Boy, 'Alloyed Victory' – his broken bones replaced with cobalt-tungsten alloy, he has a powerful magnetic field that he can use to manipulate ferrous metal at close range, his thin metal chain-mail and collapsible battle-staff are reinforced by his powers, making him seemingly bulletproof, and his staff-strikes hit like jackhammers (French)

Colossal Boy, 'Behemoth' – fed an experimental growth hormone to compensate for his own dwarfish state, he reacted so well to it that he is now twelve feet tall, with the strength of ten men (Jewish)

Brainiac 5, 'the Calculator' – super-genius / inventor / millionaire / eccentric weirdo, very Nikolai Tesla-esque (Russian / Czech)

Superboy, 'Flying Ace' – can actually fly under his own power and has great ranged vision, but lacks most of Superboy's other powers, although he can carry a lot while flying, and is resistant to harm, also only while flying (American)

Supergirl, 'the Maid of Steel' - a robot built by Brainiac 5, very strong, bulletproof, can fly briefly on rockets

Espionage Team
Chameleon Boy, 'the Chameleon' – can disguise himself as anyone, due to plastic skin replacing his own horribly acid-burned features (French)

'the' Invisible Kid – secretes a special oil that renders himself invisible and masks his scent (British)

'the' Phantom Girl, – can walk through walls, is a living ghost, always translucent, able to become solid only for brief seconds (Polish)

Shrinking Violet, 'Danger' – can reduce herself to the size of a flea, but retains her full strength and toughness, allowing her to leap hundreds of feet in her reduced state (French)

Triplicate Girl, 'Trinity' – is a pair of triplets that can merge together or split on command (after an accident by their scientist father, in Trinity, New Mexico), to be in multiple places at once, they always know what is going on with their sisters, mental link allows them to always be in contact, widely believed to only be twins, as one of them always stays at base and keeps them coordinated and in contact with mission control (American)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RED-001
Applicant

Here's a few of my amalgams:

Freedom Fighters
Phantom Lady-Phantom Girl
Doll Girl-Shrinking Violet
Ray-Sun Boy
Black Condor-Dawnstar
Human Bomb-Wildfire or Ferro Lad?
Uncle Sam-Mon-El?

Now here's some amalgams I'd like to see...

Wildfire and Firestorm

Superboy and Captain America

Shadow Lass and She-Hulk

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.