Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: TOONVERSE! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: TOONVERSE!
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

..."Oh what heights we'll hit...
On with the show this is it!"

It's time to create the looney, tooney Legion characters of the TOONVERSE!

We love brand new submissions (stories, poems, prose, novels, paintings, drawings, photomanips, action figures, statues, busts, micros, etchings, etc.) but we certainly want your existing work posted in the galleries too! Come join us all month long starting on the 1st for the shindig!

Check out past galleries:
Children of the Legion Collection
The LoSH/JLA/JSA Team Up Terrace
The Mythic Menagerie
Emerald Exhibit
Mon-El's Zone
Cockrum Hall
Holiday Hall of Art
Legion on the Run Wing
A 70s Legion Retrospective
The Servants of Darkness Exhibition
The Shrinking Violet and Atom Girl Gallery
30th Century Magic & Fantasy Exhibition
Wings of Wildfire
Legion of Supporting Characters Wing
The Selected Works of Sun Boy
The Golden Age Legion Gallery
The LSH + LMB Collection
The Power Team Up Exhibit
The Persuader Gallery
Andromeda & Shadow Lass/Umbra: A Retrospective
The ProFem/ProDude ProWing
The Back To School Collection
The Swimsuit Collection
The Royal Wing of Princess Projectra
The L Word Wing (Leeta 87 & The Lallorians)
The Hate Face / Love Karate Kid Wing
The Gallery of the Legion of Super-Villains
The Chemical King and White Witch Wing
Cupid's Wing - The Couples Gallery
The WaK Wing - On Deck Circle
The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing
The Halloween Gallery
The Gim Gallery
The Substitute-Heroes Collection
The Founders' Wing
The Wing Wing
The Timberwolf Wing
The Luornu Durgo Collection
The Mano Wing

- The Curatorial Staff of the Museum of Legion Arts

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't know if this counts or not Dean. I took the image being used at the WB site and made a few slight adjustments.

-

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh grife, I'm not going to have to post all that stuff from my thread, am I? XD

No, wait, gimme a bit. Need to scrouge up something new.

(Also: didn't notice it before, but is that LEGION WORLD in the preview pic? O_O And why do the girls not have any costume updates? You'd think they'd be the first to expand their wardrobe...)

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Of course it counts, LL!

The girls were already perfect LL!

I was reminiscing with my kids about all the various cartoons that could be modified to Legion characters...

Rugrat Legion
Pokemon Legion
Scooby Doo Legion
Looney Tunes Legion
Disney Legion....

Casting Call!
Nura and Thom as Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip, Emerald Empress as Malephacent.

Tinya and Jo as Snow White and Prince Charming. Glorith as the Evil Queen.

Ayla and Brin as Cinderella and the Prince (forgot his name).

Zoe as Ariel

Dawnstar as Pocahontas

Those are just a few of the possibilities....

I'm going to come up with my own cartoon style to draw the Legion, too!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm goin' join the Legion gonna have myself a time,
(Cos & Imra) Super-Heroes everywhere - humble folks without temptation,
I'm goin' join The Legion gonna leave my folks behind,
(Garth) Teenage Fight-Back Day and Night, kids're shouting, "Nassing Sproker!"
I'm headin' out with The Legion gonna see if I can't unwind,
(Jo) I like girls with super-powers, I like girls with skimpy costumes!
So come'n join the Legion, and meet some friends of mine...

-

(As requested! A return to the (Threeboot) South Park Legion! More groupshots as I have the time... And a bigger version here: ThreeBoot South Park Legion

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
A glimpse of a different kind of animated Legion...

She opened the privacy screen and looked outside. Still raining. She sighed and turned away. She strolled about her room, rearranging a souvenir here, flicking imaginary dust off a knick-knack there. She hummed a largely tuneless tune, punctuated by desultory little dance steps.

She shook her head. Her face relaxed. She looked down at a ball she'd kept since she was a tot.

It was blue.

"Bouncing Boy," she whispered, elongating the first syllable. She smiled and flicked her right index finger.

The ball wobbled, then launched into the air, bouncing about her happily. A sort-of face appeared on the top of the ball. It winked at her.

Her tune became a melody. She moved in step with the ball-- they danced.

When an ungraceful pirouette backed her into a keyboard, she pulled off the black silk that protected it and wrapped it about her shoulders. She struck a couple of chords and ran her hand across the keys in a glissando.

She gestured at the tuning fork that kept the ancient instrument in tune. It wavered and rose to her face, then attached itself to her brow, right in the center of her head.

"Shadow Lass", she intoned with a mock-accent she'd heard in old horror holos. She sucked her cheeks in and held her arms out stiffly in front of her, clutching the ends of her 'cape' and shuffled about like a mummy of Frankenstein. She dissolved in giggles when the still-bouncing ball whacked her in the tuning fork headdress.

Her giggles faded. Her brow furrowed. She tilted her head and waved a hand.

"Lightning Lad", she frowned.

A light stripe along one of the walls came loose, letting off a shower of sparks before waving about.

"Quiet!" she nodded emphatically. Setting her house on fire due to boredom was not something she sought to do.

The light stripe stilled. The tuning fork sailed off her head and flung itself into the wall, holding the stripe in place.

She danced with the ball for a couple of steps, but the novelty was gone. She stepped onto a faux-water bear skin rug. A mischievous grin followed.

"Timber Wolf", she held her hand out in front of her mouth like a megaphone and called with the intonation of a lumberjack.

The rug leapt into the hair and somersaulted about. The four corners became hands and feet. A snout poked out and growled silently, snapping invisible teeth. The rug capered around her, lunging at her... then at the ball, which had renewed energy.

A mock duel ensued.

She laughed and the room brightened.

A cactus on the window sill caught her gaze. She picked up a little yellow bit of cloth that she'd found and dropped it on top of plant.

"Brainiac 5", she giggled. The cactus moved-- one of it's 'arms' shaking itself at her. It inched along the sill and jumped onto a table, upon which rested a remnant of her girlhood... a shiny, metal dollhouse.

The cactus went in, making noise for a few seconds. It then hurried out-- it looked as if were running on it's roots-- and jumped back into it's pot, covering it's 'head' with it's 'hands'.

The dollhouse exploded. Well, imploded, really.

She laughed again. With a wave of her hand, the dollhouse rebuilt itself. All was well.

A dreamy look stole over her face. A rainy day led to play... and to daydreaming

Life Lass was clearly thinking of someone in particular. She caressed one of her fingers. A Legionnaire, then. A wearer of a flight ting.

She waved her hand...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool Stuff ML! Very Fantasia. [Smile]

And now... May God Have Mercy Upon My Soul.

-

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

This is SO much fun!! Great job, guys!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lurker Lass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I had this image stuck in my head for all of last night...

-

--------------------

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass

Also, since there as been no promo pics for season 2 with the girls in them (barring LL's collage?), I tried doodling up costumes for the slightly older Legionesses. Mind, Saturn Girl's was the only one I half-liked. So, uh, here.

-

--------------------

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
wow great stuff already! i'll try to get something when i get home...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I have a couple things to share... just waiting for imageshack to behave so I can post 'em.

LL, I LOVE the Trips!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Great Stuff from Sketchy and the Lurkess! [Big Grin]

A mid-month addition from me... I'll try to add something more before this exhibit closes!

-

[ August 14, 2007, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Star Boy ]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.