Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Amethyst of Gemworld + Mysa Nal dollz/micros (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Amethyst of Gemworld + Mysa Nal dollz/micros
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Eek!! Sketch, I'm in love with these Amethysts!!! Arachne, do you happen to have a pic of the costume? I've got a small place for cosplay girls on the page too. I've got another costume I'm adding next update. I'm soooo behind.

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There was a picture, but I don't know where it is.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you! It was fun to draw a character I've never drawn before.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by White Raven:
I've worked really hard to be sure the people who drew those were credited. You should be sure to do the same.

All of their signatures are clear except for the ones that were covers for the DC comics and possibly the Who's Who entree.

I was changing computers and couldn't download the pictures anywhere else (no way to transfer anything.)

I'll check for the names on the ones with no signatures and add them in an edit, if I find them.
Otherwise, I'll just delete them.
[Smile]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I love your new sketches of Amy, Sketch!
I can't believe how perfectly beautiful they are!

I'm so surprised that you haven't drawn her before this, she's so perfect for you and she &/or her homeworld have been in the Legion history for so long!
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
All of those artworks came from my page... or that's what I understood. I have the artists names underneath them. If I sounded like a snot before, I truly did not mean to (I read it later and thought it sounded kinda gack). It just took me several hours to track down where I got all the artwork from. I always love seeing more Amethyst since there is so little of her to find.

I'm also thinking about of making a similar page for Spellbinder from Marvel's Spellbound.

--------------------

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I went to a number of links that you had and then some of THEIR links, so I didn't remember which ones I got where.
I try to put the artist's name in the download title but sometimes I screw-up.
sigh

I know that if you have a page that you've worked hard on, you don't want someone to just use them.
Originally, I downloaded them just for me to look at when I wanted to, I'm geeky like that.
But like I said, I was changing computers, which is on hold now. . .

I always try to make sure that I give credits when I post or use something, too, so I admire your wanting that done.
I'll try not to be so rushed, next time.

I'm just glad that posting a few of your treasures here drew Sketch's attention and we have his beautiful new works to admire and hoard.
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I hope it's okay to add Jewel here, too.
If not, say the word.
[Smile]
This is from the Legion on the Run Museum thread and thought it might be nice here, as well.
It's by DrakeB3004 and is signed by him.
I think I might have seen this colored by Loser Lad. If I find it, I'll post it here, too.

-

This one is a manip. by Sketch.
 -

[ December 25, 2009, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

This is ANTM Renea -
 -
The rest of these shots, other models, are in the Ninjas and Pirates thread.
I hope you like this interpretation of Amy.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

She kinda looks to me like what Sarah and Jareth's daughter would look like if they every got together (when she was of age) from Labyrinth.

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

sigh and giggle.
I'm don't have that much Labyrinth memory.
I just remember that Bowie was amazingly cast, the beautiful girl assumed too much and she rescued her little brother in the end.
[Smile]

The Amethyst model reminds me of at least 2 (or 3) of the drawings on the first page, with her pronounced cheek bones, pointed chin, scads of blonde hair and intense eyes.

Anyway, I'll try to do better next time.
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I finally got around to drawing something. I did this completely in Painter. I think it turned out okay. The eyes should have been darker, though. For some reason, it looks blue on my screen.

-

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
I think I might have seen this colored by Loser Lad. If I find it, I'll post it here, too.

I hadn't colored it, but I have now. I didn't have much handy in the way of reference so I don't know how accurate it is. My comics are buried in the attic and it probably would have taken me longer to find one with Jewel in it than it took to color the piece.

-

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a couple of Amethysts that I colored.

These were drawn by Mark Brooks and Cliff Chiang respectively.

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, Jewel, I like. I REALLY like.

And, although I don't have anything Amethyst to post, I might as well mention a B&B story idea.

Amethyst & Leslie Thompkins.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.