Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Amethyst of Gemworld + Mysa Nal dollz/micros (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Amethyst of Gemworld + Mysa Nal dollz/micros
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Beautifully done Jewel, Loser Lad.
Thanks.
I must be a precog!
[Smile]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great work, Loser. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Okay, Jewel, I like. I REALLY like.

And, although I don't have anything Amethyst to post, I might as well mention a B&B story idea.

Amethyst & Leslie Thompkins.

I was wondering about that. Who's Leslie Thompkins?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Leslie Thompkins. She's a woman from the Batman mythos. She helped Bruce when he was child, helping him deal with his parents death. She runs a clinic in Crime Alley.

There was this whole bullshit going on when it was revealed that she "allowed" Stephanie Brown to die as a statement to Batman about how dangerous his work is, especially with his sidekicks. And thankfully that was retconned where it was revealed she helped Steph fake her death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Thompkins

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That explains why I didn't know her. I never was into Batman.

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
I finally got around to drawing something. I did this completely in Painter. I think it turned out okay. The eyes should have been darker, though. For some reason, it looks blue on my screen.

-

I don't know about the color of her eyes, but I love the 'look' of them.
It's a nice drawing, period.

If I were an art instructor, I'd say the mouth needs to be a little wider on the left side (right side facing us), so that it ends = to the middle of her eye.
But that's a very minor detail.
The drawing is lovely.
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Thank you. It's so nice to get criticism. ...I can't believe I just said that, but it's true. [Smile]

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Here's a new try at Amethyst:

I think she's awesome.
 -
Anya photo by Elizabeth Carrillo.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Arachne
Bookworm

Nice, but I'd hope she'd end up with more clothes than that. [Smile]

Forgot to mention, I found an Amethyst sketch at Colleen Doran's web site.

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

sigh
I know.
But, it's hard to pass up a photo of a beautiful blonde with a crown, a sword and no apparent cleavage (sorry, no spell check either.)

Life can be tough.

Thanks for the Doran pic.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, she's a bit more Amazonian than Dungeons & Dragons.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Well, Amy carries a sword.
She should be able to use it.

And last time I saw her ('I' didn't technically see her as a villian at all but I read about it on a DC thread about Amy years ago), someone had written her as a villian.
In the Legion Mysa/Amethyst joining she wore even less!
Even as Jewel she didn't wear any more.

Anyway, I suppose if I want Tasmia to have more clothes than they give her, I should want Amy to have them, too.

[ February 27, 2010, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Technically, we last saw her in Shadowpact and Infinite Crisis. And she was definetly good.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I changed the we to I.
[Smile]

And What is Shadowpact?
And where is she in Final Crisis?

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Infinite Crisis: The official sequel to Crisis on Infinite Earths. Where Superboy-Prime and Alex Luthor Jr. went bad and the Multiverse was recreated. Amethyst was with all the other spellcasters at Stonehenge where they tried to summon the Spectre. Amethyst actually managed to stop the Spectre, earlier in the series, from destroying Gemworld, she's currently the last Lord of Order, whereas Mordru's the last Lord of Chaos.

Shadowpact: I should've said "Day of Vengeance", it was a lead-up tie-in to Infinite Crisis, where a group of six magic heroes teamed up to try and stop a rampaging Spectre from destroying all magic, under the influence of the new Eclipso, Jean Loring. Amethyst was a partial member in the Special Issue, where she helped some of the other members gather up the pieces of the Rock of Eternity after it shattered in Gotham City.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I thought I'd try again.
I'm at slow at learning from my mistakes, it's genetic.

There's no purple, but she so reminds me of the drawings where she's become one with Gem World - Zerox - Sorceror's World:

-
posted by skipper2591

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.