Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Amethyst of Gemworld + Mysa Nal dollz/micros (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Amethyst of Gemworld + Mysa Nal dollz/micros
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Joe-Boy Harvestar:
Amethyst
Bel An'ann / Princess Amethyst
Sklar / Gemworld
Click for fullsize image

When Mordru destroyed the planet Sklar the spirit of Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld, offered Bel An'ann a second chance at life...In return for saving her, Amethyst would co-inhabit Bels' Body, thus becoming corporial and able to attack Mordru outside the spirit plane, where he would be less powerful.
The process however left both Amethyst and Bel amnesiac. subconciously using Amethysts powers to teleport herself to her sister Britas' (see Kono) side, mere minutes from Sklars' destruction, Bel spent the next few years trying to peice together the converging memories of her two selves. As she started to exhibit various new and different powers, Bel enrolled in the Academy, much to the distress of her Legion-Hating sister who blamed the Legion for the Destruction of her homeworld. Brita eventually followed Bel to the Academy with the intention of keeping her out of trouble and is becoming increasingly distressed at Bels' apparent split personality...that of the Sweet, somewhat shy Bel and the tough, no-nonsense Amethyst.

Powers and Abilities -
Initially Bel/Amethyst only displays a limited teleportation ability, however over time more and more powers emerge, including the ability to to fire force bolts, heal grevious injuries, fly and control the elements.

Subplot-
As time progresses the Amethyst personality gradually takes over Bel's body. Eventually Bels/Amethysts' memories return piece by piece until, fully restored to the height of her power, Amethyst takes over the body completely.Brita becomes increasingly more and more resentful of Amethyst and decides to find a way to seperate the Two...She seeks counsel with the Mysa Nal (the White Witch) who performs a ritual of seperation, transfering the essence of Amethyst into a Crystaline body created by Bob Kohan (Crystal Kid). Bel, retaians both a portion of Amethysts personality and her power.

Joe-boys notes -
Obviously a bit of a phoenix homage here. Ive been kicking the whole Amethyst-as-Legionnaire idea around for a few years now...considering she made her first appearence in a Legion book (admittedly as a teaser story) and then took over Kono's body in the Mordru Rising Story. Bel An'ann was originally Kono's Mother, but it made more sense to make her into a sister. Meanwhile can I just say how much I love Amethyst? I always thought of her as the DC version of She-Ra, atleast thats what she origianlly appeared to be. I read somewhere that there was even a few prototype dolls out there that never made it onto the market...

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
My old server got eaten so the new Amethyst site is now at: http://amethyst.t15.org/

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
With my t15 server being down almost 2 weeks now I'm searching for a new place to put the Amethyst site. At the moment it looks like it'll be absorbed into my main one.

--------------------

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I cought this on the Legion sightings thread:

quote:
Originally posted by kenaustin:
This is in no way recent. It's just something I recently heard about, and I couldn't think of anywhere else to share it.

Tim Hunter and Mister E. tour the 31st century. The Books of Magic #4 1990

-

-

Since Levitz kept the Magic Wars in the retro/Nuboots continuity, we may someday see Amy again.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Please let me know if you see her. I know she'll be on the new DC Nation Shorts on Cartoon Network, but other than that, I've seen a little here and there.

--------------------

Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Pulling back an ooooold gallery so ya'll can post your new stuff... also, I'm adding Mysa Nal to the page so I'll have all the dollz and micros done of her there as well!!

New site address!
http://amethyst.t15.org/

I'm updating the doll pages right now... they're soooo off.

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish I had known you were looking for space before you setup the new address.
I have an unlimited amount of space, traffic bandwidth and sub-domains with my host and could have set you up.

In the meanwhile, the site seems to be coming along nicely (there are some formatting issues but I believe that may be due to the outdated browsers I am forced to use at work)
I also wasn't aware that you are on DA, gave you a watch over there too.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

I'm not around as much as I used to be which sucks, but I still run most of the same pages. I really need to get to work on Whitelighters story... will probably get Lisa Amai (my other Legion character) done first cause she has a set background from LegionMUSH, lol

Edit:
The Doll page is UPDATED now!

[ August 26, 2012, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Whitelighter ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.