Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Tempest's Micro Magic (6/3-LMBPer update) (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Tempest's Micro Magic (6/3-LMBPer update)
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tempest:

Power Boy:
I designed this about six or seven weeks ago. I originally thought of him in black and red, but did white when I saw Sketch Lad's drawing. Um, the armor around the boots and arms reminds me of Apokilips so there's that and the chest piece is all glowy with his POWER!!! And the ropes were inspired by Power Girl.
 -

Still Awesome!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
They're all awesome! I especially like the Fanfic Lass design, it's totally hot.

quote:
But here is a guy that I never could get to look in micro form like he did in my head, until now.

Invisible Brainiac:

-

Tried to make the prism moon... the second one is how I imagine him all powered up.[/QB]

AND THIS IS SO AWESOME I TOTALLY WANNA WEAR A COSTUME LIKE THAT FOR HALLOWEEN! And Blaze said it makes him want to (censored) (censored) (censored) me [Wink]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Power Boy!

Thanks and glad you like it, IB.

I've always wanted to micro you, but never could get it right, but I really like how that came out. looks even better against the starfield.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Really awesome work here Tempest!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Viri! (?)

I can't micro that often, but I hope that when I do produce one that it comes off well.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
That's Deddy, in case you didn't know.

Looking forward to the day when you can do some more...whenever that may be.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
That's Deddy, in case you didn't know.

Looking forward to the day when you can do some more...whenever that may be.

Hee, yeah, deddy! I saw his devArt page today. Random awesome fact!

Anyways. Thanks. I just altered my site around (well, I didn't my webmaster did) and now there is a nice Legion World section. I have to say it's my favorite because my best work is probably in there.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Thanks, Power Boy!

I've always wanted to micro you, but never could get it right, but I really like how that came out. looks even better against the starfield.

I'm impressed at the amount of detail you put in it, Temp. Wow! Even if you don't micro often, you sure do hit it out of the park when you do.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
quote:
Thanks, Power Boy!

I'm impressed at the amount of detail you put in it, Temp. Wow! Even if you don't micro often, you sure do hit it out of the park when you do.
[Big Grin] Thanks, IB!

Reading the novella and while I haven't finished yet, I did finish this.

It's Romaltus. Well, my design for him, it's to compliment my Mala micro. I wanted to give him a warlord/wizard look. Primal and rather worn, but elegant. Probably not what others imagined him to be, but I did design this when I did Mala, which was a long time ago. The fangs on the armor didn't come out as crisp as I would have liked. Also added the eye last minute to the chest...I like it and the I don't cause orange is hard to shade.

-

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

I've been going through my sketch pad and looking at designs I wanted to micro but couldn't because of time, but...I had some time today and got two done.

Here's Fat Cramer:
 -

And Rockhopper Lad (I figured the penguin eyes are like a Storm thing, that they look like that whenever he uses his power...or not...but that's the difference between these two. Those are gold band and then yellow feathers on the arms and legs...feathers are hard):
 -

[ May 27, 2012, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Tempest ]

--------------------

Blaze
Firing Up Your Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaze           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice work Tempest. Rocky's micro suits him best, I think.
From: in your dreams | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

quote:
Originally posted by Blaze:
Nice work Tempest. Rocky's micro suits him best, I think.

Thanks!

Another one from my sketch book...I think I designed this one a year or so ago...

Exnihil

-

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh... my... God!

Temp, I love it!!!

It totally takes all the retro elements I dig and updates them into a sci-fi appropriate design.

Just perfect... thanks so much! [Hug]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Oh... my... God!

Temp, I love it!!!

It totally takes all the retro elements I dig and updates them into a sci-fi appropriate design.

Just perfect... thanks so much! [Hug]

Glad you like it. He has been sitting in sketch book just waiting to be done. I've got one more in there from my LW sketches. Hopefully, this week I will get it done.

--------------------

Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Love your new works!! Fat Cramer reminds me of Kat, hehe. One of these days I'll put that kitten in a Legion suit just to see what she'd look like. I do love the way you do hair.

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.