Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  43  44  45   
Author Topic: STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hello Legion World!

Many of you know that I am a big fan of MLLASH's very creative writing and fandango artwork. It seems like I've always done fan art for the various creations he and others have come up with, such as Matter Eater Lad: The Series, Trash Lass, Uncanny Excellents, etc.

Well, it is Lash's childhood creation, Starsearchers, which has inspired me to be more than just a sketch lad, and plunge into the world of sequential comic art.

The intention is for Lash to write the stories and for me to illustrate and letter them. We will start off by posting here at Legion World and at the CBR Artist & Writers Showcase message board. We will also look into other web comic venues.

Right now, I will post some of my sketches. Sometimes I give my spin on what the character could look like. Sometimes I go with what Lash designed. Soon, we will present a sneak preview of what to expect for the Starsearchers, then we will begin telling the tales.

I'm very excited to work on this project. I think it will be a LOT of fun. I'm lucky Lash is into it.

PLEASE provide feedback of all sorts! Lash has offered to answer any questions that come up.

Enjoy!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

9 Lil Aliens

Obviously, my take on Lash's group shot.

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Omarr and his wicked queen...

Their outfits are based on Aztek Gods with starfield fabrics, giving them, I think, a very Cockrum-esque look.

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Here's an action unit... ready to go!
(Click on it to see large version.)

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Here's one more character sketch. I asked Lash if it'd be okay if Vamp was a redhead who wore red. He said yes!
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

That's it for now. Stay tuned for the preview!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I love 'em all, Sketch.
Your stuff is always wonderful.

But,
is that big green guy with the tentacles who looks so angry my darlin' sweetie K'zle????!!!  -

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohhhhh, K'zle!
boohoo
 -

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

[LOL] !

--------------------

Come, join me!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
That *is* indeed K'zle, Shady. I think he looks awesome! We can thank Dean for suggesting he be featured in the upcoming short-story starring these guys:

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Here's an action unit... ready to go!
(Click on it to see large version.)

Click for fullsize image

Also featuring Krysalis, Seven and Johnny Comet. I fell in love with Dean's incredibly creative visuals for Krys and Seven, SO much better than anything I ever envisioned!

WOW, Dean-- first time I've seen your group shot of the young Starsearchers! BREATHTAKING to behold! I got a headrush looking at the image, that's how excited I am!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
This looks exciting. I'll read it!

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I have a feeling K'zle will become a fan favorite! I suppose he was trying to look intimidating for the portraits, but most of the time I'm sure he'll have a sweeter face, more like the way Lash draws him.

I can't wait to finish the preview story and begin the actual series!

Thanks for the feedback on these sneak peek images!

(The group shot of the 9 Lil Aliens was a surprise for Lash. [Smile] )

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
I have a feeling K'zle will become a fan favorite! I suppose he was trying to look intimidating for the portraits, but most of the time I'm sure he'll have a sweeter face, more like the way Lash draws him.

You are ever the sweet heart, Dean!
Draw darlin' K'zle any way you want. You're right, he's a teen on a team and they like looking fierce!

I love that you've used so many of my favorites of LASH's creations and I ALWAYS enjoy your wonderful productions.
[Hug]

--------------------

Come, join me!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's an image of SEVEN I did based solely on Dean's face-shot he sent me awhile back.

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I took a lil break from using the computer/doing artwork, but I'll be back at it real soon!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  43  44  45   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.