Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts V3: 2/2010 Kissandra & The Super Companions (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts V3: 2/2010 Kissandra & The Super Companions
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to the second month of The Museum of Legion Arts V3!

This month, we are welcoming submissions featuring the legendary Kissandra as well as submissions featuring The Super Companions.

Here's the Full Directory of past exhibits.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
This is from the "Impress the Empress" holo competition way back when....
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice drawing and a great first entry!
(I sound like one of the characters/judges in your holos!)
[Smile]

I've decided to start with a series of classical paintings from different eras and artists.
The first one is a section of a painting by Frederick Lord Leighton.

I love it for it's light quality, she glows so beautifully -

-

[ February 01, 2010, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Different cultures and in this case, worlds, often see the same deity(ies) in their own image.
That's the idea behind this submission -

-
Model is Jennifer, cycle 13, ANTM, photo by Tyra Banks, I think.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Here's another take on the topic.
I like to highlight one of the greats of comics, whenever I can!
[Storm Boy] vs [Typhoon]

-

I don't know if we can still read the words, but I didn't want to cut up the original work by Dave.

--------------------

Come, join me!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It's ol' monocle-face himself, Othar!

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

It's always so interesting to me how all of your characters shine through with your basic charm and sweet nature.
I just always love them.

[Othar]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone care to post reference for any of these characters? I'm guessing I'm not the only one who doesn't know who they are.
From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's where you can find Kissandra.

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000746

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Super-Companions

I asked that question about the SC, myself, LL!
This link helped me.

[ February 01, 2010, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Does anyone know the name of the planet that Tree-Man is from?
It's not mentioned in his one panel introduction.

I LOVE tree people, from the Avatar to Tolkien's Ents to C.S. Lewis's walking forests.
I read a story once, I can't remember the author, but the title was something like 'The Word for World is Tree'.
sigh

I want to submit a couple of versions of the Legion's Tree-Man -

-
This is from a Tolkien calendar by M.W.Kaluta.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Here's another Kissandra in classic mode -

-
by a master, Botticelli

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
The story of Kissandra.

"Once upon a time, in a distant galaxy, far, far away, there is the planet R-K528. On this planet, there's a place which, translated into Interlac, is called 'Romance Valley'. As you can guess, people consider it one of the most romantic places in this universe."

"Flora from nearly every planet grow in this place, forever blooming through spring, summer, winter, fall, and the rainy seasons."

"A rare species of butterflies inhabits the central garden of the valley, a species which is said to have once inhabited a dead universe."

"The sun never sets on romance valley, it is in a state of perpetual dusk, to enhance the mood, some say."

"What is so special about this place, above everything else, is that it is said to be the home an etheral, alien beauty.

"She goes by many names, but the natives of the planet refer to her as Kissandra, a crass romanization of her name by the many tourists which have frequented her shrine."

"She's gone by many origins. Some say she and her lover were the Romeo and Juliet of their world, and that in death she became a guardian angel for troubled lovers."

"Others say that her people wiped themselves out in a horrific war, and that she was the only survivor. Resigned to a lonely life, wandering the universe searching for her deceased love."

"There are some who claim she projected her image to the planet Earth, and the people named her 'Venus', 'Aphrodite', 'Hathor', depending on the culture. On Mars, they called her 'Krr'nnzaa'."

"And yet, a crashed spaceship and the remains of an alien traveler give claim that she was simply a holographic image created by a stranded scientist in order to give himself company."

"People travel far and wide to Kissandra's shrine, not to behold her golden hair or fair skin, but to try and prove the legend. The legend that the aura eminating from her shrine can bring TRUE happiness to all lovers who approach her."

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Nice, SK!
[Kissandra]

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.