Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts V3: 2/2010 Kissandra & The Super Companions (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts V3: 2/2010 Kissandra & The Super Companions
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
And a What If -

-

That's my favourite; love all of your picts, but this is my fave so far.

Keep 'em coming, please.

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
Sketch Lad: Absolutely love the shots so far; I'm not able to spend too much time on the boards this month, but I'm making a point to hit this thread for your and Candle's submissions, I'm very much enjoying 'em.

The world needs more Kissandras... [Wink]

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, SC!

I agree that the world needs more Kissandra. I do miss many of LW's former Museum regulars. I can just imagine Newcru's rendition of Kissy.

sigh

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Kissandra makes a mark in this short tale of misunderstandings.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5714854/2/Valentines_Track_List

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys.

Check out LegionUnlimited's rendition of Kissandra, at my request.

http://legionunlimited.deviantart.com/art/7-Kissandra-154124921

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Cute! Is that a bare behind with a heart tat? You've got to get that artist to join us here! Thanks, Sarc!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

No prob. I think he's either already joined or he's thinking of joining, I'll have to ask.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
She's so adorable!
I hope Loser Lad sees her and finds time and desire to color her, she's wonderul.

I made another poster of Kissandra:
It's Erin and the photo is by Ryan Gobel -

-

[ February 21, 2010, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Gorgeous!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
That's the best yet, Shady. I loved Erin anyway, and LOVE your poem for this picture!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Hey guys.

Check out LegionUnlimited's rendition of Kissandra, at my request.

http://legionunlimited.deviantart.com/art/7-Kissandra-154124921

She's stunning! Very tasteful too. I love it.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the comments.
I don't think of these as anywhere near what is truly original, but I certainly enjoy the creative outlet and showcasing the Legion with art!
[Smile]

Here's one for fun, my take on some of the Companions besides Tree Man:

-

J. Alexander - Jay Manuel - Neeko Abrot
by Michael Yarish, from ANTM, of course.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I see Othar got a hair transplant-- Lester Spiffany will be pleased! [Smile]

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I kinda thought Jay's stand-up hair looked like an enlarged cranium.
Cruxl decided to trim and dye his hair but he kept his skin's yellow coloring.
And Shadow Man changed out his helment for a softer look.

[LOL]
Anyway, that's what I was thinking.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Super-Companions fanfic! Starring Wildwood (formerly Tree-Man), Dusk (formerly Shadowman), Deluge (formerly Liquidman), Tempest (formerly Storm Boy) and Cogito (formerly Telepathy Man), as well as guest-appearances by select members of the Legion of Super-Villains!

The colony-moon of Garrison was in its fifth year of terraforming, and savage storms still swept much of the continental mass now freed from its once-icy prison. Tempest had spent weeks here, riding high on winds that could pull ships out of the sky, directing the storms mindless fury to help speed up the terraforming process, so that weather systems that would have taken decades to abate on their own would take months, with his guiding hand. No other living thing could survive on the world in flux, and he entertained himself with imaginings of how his companions would undertake such a procedure, especially his personal hero, Superboy, who no doubt could have reshaped the land with his bare hands, using a combination of strength and speed, and sped up the melting of the previous glaciers with his heat vision. His own costume was designed to honor Superboy’s and he placed his hand on the symbol of the interlac character ‘T’, formed of stylized golden lightning and surrounded by a grey storm cloud. Where Superboy’s costume had blue elements, his own had pale grey, and where Superboy’s boots, cloak, gloves and trunks were red, his were blue, with an identical gold belt. About the only physical difference was that his cloak was shorter, as he found it distracting in the sort of weather he frequented (or, caused), and had shortened it to end in a V and come down no farther than his waist.

And so the comm-signal from Deluge came as an unwelcome distraction, as the telepathic earplug fed information directly into his daydreaming mind. “We’ve got a situation on Karra-Two-Nine, and if the holofeed is accurate, it looks like the Legion of Super-Villains has come to our space…” Their interim leaders telepathic voice sounded grim, but Tempest immediately replied with enthusiasm, “That means the Legion of Super-Heroes can’t be far behind! Superboy will…”

Dusk’s mocking voice cut him off, “Shut up about Superboy! He’s not coming back to join us. He’s never coming back!”

Tempest angrily began to protest, but the earplug blocked his response, and the infuriatingly calm voice of Cogito spoke into his mind, “The Legion of Super-Heroes are currently engaged with the threat of the Darkstar Pax Galactica, which is no doubt why the villains have chosen this moment to seize power in these systems they regard as beyond the reach and protection of the United Planets, or the Legion of Super-Heroes. We will have to deal with this situation on our own.”

Tempest wasn’t sure how he could tell, but the channel ‘felt’ open again, but he swallowed his angry reply towards Dusk and his gloomy attitude regarding their absentee leader, and focused on adding something positive to the conversation. “I’m on Garrison, can you send a ship for me?”

Deluge’s no-nonsense voice distractedly said, “We don’t have time for that, Dusk will be there in a few minutes to get you. He’ll be homing in on your comm.-signal, so leave the channel open.”

Tempest was glad that telepathic ear-pieces didn’t transmit facial expressions, because he hated travelling via Dusk’s special power at the best of times, and was especially annoyed with the man at the moment.

Noticing that the storms had grown into unmanageable things around him, he spent the next few minutes attempting to untangle them and set them on a more orderly path, before a figure appeared suspended in mid-air, illuminated by distant lightning. He didn’t bother with a greeting, and simply held out a hand to the shadowy figure, which appeared to be composed of spinning particles of brown dust, and felt his own body disperse into a similar state, and flow along behind his teammate, as if pulled into the wake of a falling starship.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.