Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Future monies around the universe(s)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Future monies around the universe(s)
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
There is a discussion thread about living money, mineral money, energy money - all kinds of things that might be money in the 31st century.

Not only was the exchange of ideas fascinating, it built on types of exchanges already seen in the Legion past.

I thought people might enjoy seeing and coming up with future money ideas here and even share some from the Legion's past.

The first one I wanted to share lookes like an antigrave energy/crystal egg and stand that would come in a stasis box.
The life within the crystal is caught as if in amber, but remains living.

It's Durlan and occurs there naturally as amber occurs naturally on Earth.

Durlans exchange them as payment for services and their worth depends on size, clarity, color and the life captured within.

They are also used as part of jewelry and adorenment on the Durlan native form that they seldom share with outsiders.

It's inelegantly called 'cringlet'.

-
Photo by Keefer

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
This second photo is a follow-up on the Durlan cringlet.
This shows how they are a plant resin that is grown on the plant. It crystalizes when harvested.
Sometimes the plant will produce a string of perfect and identical living images within the crystals.
This is rare and very sought after, like pearls on Earth, sets of identically size, colored and imaged specimens are worth the most, although pairs and singletons of unique sizes, shapes and images have their value places, as well.

-

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

A new addition and mini-series:

-
photo by keefer

and -

-

[ March 16, 2010, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

-

[ March 16, 2010, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Part 3 -

-

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

-

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

-

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
You've been busy, haven't you?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

[Smile]

Just gettin' started, kiddo.
I added a mask to Ebony, by the way.
It won'd bump things because it's an edit but I made a reply to dedman's post.

I plan on doing a few more of Ebony at some point here - and a couple of your other characters if I can find a good place to put them here.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, she's already got a mask. That bandana one she wraps around her mouth.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I just saw it.

Thank you. I'm glad someone cares about my characters.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Actually, here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4640465/1/Virtual_Star_Embryology_Martian_Heaven

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.