Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dev's Legion Fanfic project...What happens after Zero Hour - The Attack Continues (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Dev's Legion Fanfic project...What happens after Zero Hour - The Attack Continues
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*fist pump!!!* Yay for Laurel and Lauren!! What a ride!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Dev, I have to leave for work now, but I promise I'll read Part 5 tonight and post a comment.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Another winning installment, Dev. What amazes me is how you've kept what I liked about 5YL (scope, complexity) and left out what I didn't like (slow pace, willful obscurity).

Keep it up.

P.S. Nice use of Quislet. [Quislet]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah. I'm pretty much all about hitting you over the head with what's going on. A little mystery here and there, but wrapped up within a few chapters.

Quis has a much larger role to play as they move towards their goal. There are reasons to who they are searching for. You havn't seen everyone yet.

Glad you guys are enjoying.

Laurel's story is coming. As are other asides to wrap up loose threads from the 5YL series.

Not sure where the main thrust of tis will fall...maybe the third or fourth arc. I have some really cool ideas to get to...not sure where to throw them all.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Episode 6

[Orando]

Validus was shaking the cobwebs out of his head. The Emerald Eye had hit back pretty hard, but he had hurt as

much as anyone could have. Between his mental lightning and physical strength, ha had sent it, and The Emerald

Empress into a mini retreat.

-------------

Mekt had the Persuader pinned down, but was making slow progress. His lightning wasn't what it once was...or

maybe it was that he was just getting old enough to not really want to fight anymore. If he thought about

these things long enough he usually started laughing. Him, Lightning Lord, tired of fighting...his old friends

in the Legion of Super Villians would be out for his blood if they knew that. At least the ones who were left.

The ground around the Persuader was slowly giving way, playing directly into Mekts plans.

-------------

Princess Alyssa knew she couldn't beat her opponent in a straight up fight...nobody could. That was his power,

to adapt to whatever he needed to be able to do to defeat his advesary.

She decided to stop the sparring that they had been doing. First she threw him several yards away and then

stood still.

"What are you doing?" Nemesis screamed, "Fight!"

"I do not think so," she said as he approached her.

She could see his posture changing as he walked though, he was loosing his edge. No fighting meeant no special

powers.

-------------

Monstress gently stroked Mordecai's forehead.

"It's alright sweetie," she said, looking around to see if anyone was watching.

-------------

Magno was wrestling with Ironhide, a person not seen in this universe for a long time. He had been sent to an

alternate dimension by Brainiac 5 years ago to live out his life as a member of another Legion of Super Heroes.

Douglas kept switching between human and iron form as they fought.

As much as Magno didn't want to hurt him, he felt that he was going to have no choice soon.

-------------

Discharge had been helping where he could with the Emerald Empress, but his brother had her on the run for the

moment, which meant it was time to wrap up B.I.O.N. as quickly as possible. Power Boy was holding his own, but

it was only a matter of time before Thorak figured out how to start utilizing all of B.I.O.N.'s power at once.

-------------

Power Boy was hurting in places he didn't think possible. Thorak was bad enough, but Thirak in the body of

B.I.O.N. was a disaster waiting to happen.

He noticed Discharge flying towards him. The hand signals they had been training with were being flashed

quickly, and his idea just might work...but it might shut down Thorak for good.

-------------

Lash Lad worked a strap loose and decided that he had to act soon so he could help his friends.

He started chiding Mano even harder. Calling him every name he could think of...even making up a few

schoolyard type chants to annoy him.

Mano finally lunged at him, and he grabbed his wrist and threw Mano to the ground. He thanked Princess Alyssa

for the training as he sat on Mano's back and trussed him up like a Elvarian bird. He had his hands positioned

in such a way that if he moved his left arm, or any other part of his body, his right hand moved towards his

face. The only choice was to lay completely still, and stay alert as to not move a muscle.

Lash stood up and looked around...

-------------

Gates appeared with Quarry in tow.

Quarry looked around frantically looking for who to help first.

-------------

Mekt looked over at the new arrivals and ssaw that Graym was shouting orders to him already. This was the

break they needed, the tide turner.

-------------

Discharge shouted to Quarry to help Mekt and then to handle the Emerald Eye.

He turned his attention back to B.I.O.N and Power Boy. They positioned themselves on wither side of

Tharok/B.I.O.N. and let loose.

The waves of Electricity and magnetism had the effect they had hoped for. B.I.O.N. fell over immediately, and

they could hear screamin coming from inside the body that lay prone on the ground. Thorak was still alive in

there, and was apparently still somewhat human inside that metal monstrocity.

-------------

The Empress saw her team falling one by one, and shouted to The Persuader to kill Nolan before they got him

into custody.

-------------

Quarry followed orders, but as he was on his way to help Mekt, he launched a magno Ball sized rock from the

ground at the back of Nemisis' head.

-------------

Nemesis was standing over The Karate Kid, struggling to hold her down. He hadn't counted on her being stronger

than him without using her powers.

Princess Alyssa noticed a flying chunk of rock coming towards them, and twisted Nemesis into position. He was

knocked out by the rock he never saw.

-------------

Lash ran up to Nemesis and began restraining him as quickly as possible.

"Go help them. I'll handle the sleeping dreamboat here."

She shot him a puzzled look, but just shrugged and ran off to help Magno.

-------------

Quarry knew what he had to do. He landed and placed his hands on the ground, closed his eyes, and hoped that

Mekt could keep up his attack for a little while longer.

-------------

Power Boy lauched himself at the Emerald Eye, which was finally returning from the trip Validus had sent it on.

"LEAVE MY EYE ALONE!" The Empress screamed at him, but she was too far out of range to make any threat stick.

A bolt of mental lightning hit the eye right before Power Boy hit it with everything he had left and sent it

flying away again at an incedibly high rate of speed.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

-------------

Lash finished with Nemesis, and walked over to Monstress.

"Need any help?" he asked with a little snicker.

"Nope honey. We're fine."

-------------

The Persuader was enguled with a wave of Orando soil.

Mekt finally let his arms drop. "Thank you son," he said in a totally weary voice.

Quarry opened his eyes and looked around. The Eye was already heading back, so he had to act fast.

He closed his eyes again and concentrated even harder.

-------------

Douglas had Magno pinned to the ground.

They were both talking so rapidly, and low, that Karate Kid could barely understand what they were saying.

It was obvious that Magno was getting through to Ironhide, but he still needed to be taken with them, and not

arrested. Finding him was a bonus that they had not counted on.

She made the blow as painless as possible.

Douglas fell over on top of Magno, who just started laughing to himself while trying to push Douglas off of

him.

Princess Alyssa helped him up and they turned and headed towards the last remaining Fatal Five member.

-------------

The rest of the team were making their way over to the Empress, surrounding her as they did. Some were moving

slower than normal, and Power Boy was holding his left side and limping.

"I'll kill you all for this!"

Validus had shifted back to his normal size. "Sure you will you whack job."

Her eyes lit up as she saw the Emerald Eye coming over the horizon.

"Now you all do..."

Her voice trailed off as she watched a giant hand come out of the ground and grab the Eye from mid air, and

then disappear below the surface of Orando.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!!!!!!"

-------------

Quarry looked up from where he was kneeling. he shifted his body back to fleash and blood.

"Your damned Eye should be about three miles underground in a pocket of iron I found," he said as he collapsed

to the ground.

-------------

[Several hours later on Orando, in the Castle of Queen Projectra]

Mekt had showered and changed, as had most of his team. Those that hadn't were currently being treated for

their injuries by Orando's best physicians.

"Thank you for your hospitality Queen Projectra."

Projectra looked at him and smiled.

"Thank you for ridding my planet of those people, and bringing my niece back home for a visit... and Mekt,

please call me Jeckie," she said with a smile as she nodded to her guards to leave the throne room.

"No thanks necessary Jeckie," he said with a weary, but honest smile, "I just wish that we could have been and

gone without the likes of them showing up."

"Was that really Hart Druiter and Douglas Nolan with them?"

"It definately appears to be Douglas. Returned from wherever Querl sent him all those years ago. We have him

with us now, and will get him all the help we can. As far as Hart, it appears to be him...at least a younger

him than should be. My guess is that it's another of the Dominators experiments like the young Legionnaires

that showed up all those years ago."

"Ah yes. I remember hearing that there was another me running around until she was killed by the

Dominators...as well as a young Val..." she said with a tear welling up in her eye. "I killed him once, and

I'll do it again if given the chance."

He's in custody now, so he'll be no danger to anyone for the time being anyway..."

"Well then. I had my people gather the things you requested. How did you know I would have kept them intact?"

"Just a hopefull guess on my part."

"Do you really think you can find them"

"I do, at least I truly hope so."

"I do to."

-------------

[Elsewhere]

Immortos' hands were gripping the ships controls so hard tha the veins on his arms were bulging.

"Got to get back...and warn them that they're coming..."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I just started reading it, and I'm intrigued by Graym's appearance as Discharge. Nice use of Animal Lad.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I think you'll like some of the other surprises along the way.

Thought you'd like the use of Animal Lad...loving obscure characters like you do.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Quite the battle scene, Dev! Quarry's got a bit of Terra in his power-mix, I like that! Monstress/Mordecai = classic!

You know who I am really digging a lot? Mekt!

You know I'm hooked.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

More will be revealed about Quarry's powers as we go. It's not 100% what anyone thinks.

Mekt has surprised me as I write this. Never would have thought I'd like him as much as I do when I started this. I have a couple ideas for stories with him that might pan out.

I tried to balance everyone in that melee...

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

It worked. Everyone got face-time.

Yeah, you and Mekt... there is a major connection there!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Do I wanna know what you mean by that?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I just mean I can tell you really like writing him is all! [Razz] And you write him really, really well!

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev, I just started this - very captivating story! I love the way you're mixing in the different characters from Legion histroy. And I had to dead stop and laugh at your inclusion of escape artist Mykl Grimbor. Great work!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Dev, I love the way you made the non-stop action even more exciting with the cinematic quick-cuts.

I agree with Lash about Mekt. You've really struck a vein of fanfic gold with this character. And I can relate to the connection coming out of nowhere. It happened with me when I wrote Imra in one of my fics last year.

More Princess Alyssa, too, please.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Regarding Mekt. I had an epiphany today that is going to change everything you've ever thought about this character...ever. It hit me on my way home as well as how to go about doing a few other things. I just need to check one or two facts as to not totally contradict history...but I'm pretty sure I'm safe.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.