Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dev's Legion Fanfic project...What happens after Zero Hour - The Attack Continues (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Dev's Legion Fanfic project...What happens after Zero Hour - The Attack Continues
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Dev, I just started this - very captivating story! I love the way you're mixing in the different characters from Legion histroy. And I had to dead stop and laugh at your inclusion of escape artist Mykl Grimbor. Great work!

Glad you're enjoying. Lash Lad is a an honor to write. Probably the one I anguish over the most when doing dialog. [Wink]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't sweat it, Dev, the whole thing is action-packed fun and Lash Lad is an honor to see in a continuity in which I am so fond!! Thank you so much!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The next one is gonna be long...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

The Return of the Legion: Epilogue

[Rimbor]

Mekt sat alone in the bar. What seemed liked hundreds of people were milling about, drinking, trying to pick up a date for the night or just drinking their cares away. It was the kind of place he would have frequented back in his slightly younger days when he was a member of the Legion of Super Villians.

His guest was late, but that was okay. they had started this tradition 4 years ago. To celebrate an awful occassion, and it had turned into an annual meeting. They always picked out of the way remote places as to not be recognized...or at least try. It usually worked except for the one year they got into a fight with Radiation Roy of all people. Why he still went by that name confused Mekt...it was always a thorn in Roy's side and he took constant ribbing over it from every member of the LSV, but he refused to give it up. Poor Roy really wasn't that bad a guy, just eaasily influenced by those around him.

He heard the door to the bar open and saw his guest enter after saying goodbye to his ride.

Sean Erin walked up to the table and said, "I hope you havn't been waiting too long."

"A little while, but I have learned to like people watching. Especially in places like this."

"Yeah, interesting place you picked out this year."

"Well, it was here or Jo's old Silverale warehouse, and I didn't feel like going through all the trouble to recharge the generators all by myself...so here it was."

Mekt motioned for the waitress to come over.

"What'll you have sugar?" She asked Sean with a wink.

Sean grinned from ear to ear and said, "a silverale please, and another for my friend."

The waitress left, and Sean and Mekt broke out laughing.

"It's weird," Sean said, "for whatever reason, I cannot get used to that."

"What, being hit on by a cute waitress?"

"Yeah. I mean...you know what it's like to be..."

"Actually, I, like most Winathians, am bisexual."

Sean's jaw dropped. "You're kidding me?"

"Not at all. Most of us gravitate towards one or the other after time, but we're all pretty much curious for the first several years after we 'awaken' if you will."

"I had no idea..."

"Yep...that and I'm also really Universo in disguise."

"You son of a..."

They were both laughing when the waitress brought the drinks.

"Lash left me tied to a tree for three hours during a thunderstorm when I pulled that on him and he tried hitting on Graym."

They paid her, and opened the bottles.

"I just thank the gods that you're on our side now..."

"I do to."

They composed themselves and raised the bottles.

"A toast," Mekt said, "to friends and lovers gone but not forgotten."

"To Jan."

"To Holt."

"To the rest," they said in unison.

The both drank and sat quiet for a minute.

Sean thinking about Jan, who had disappeared ten years ago now with the rest of the Legion and Legionnaire, along with several other hero groups at the time.

Mekt thinking about Holt, who had been murdered along with the rest of the Science team when the Emerald Empress was returned to life by the Emerald Eye.

It had taken time, but Sean had moved on in life, and was now linked with Power Boy. Mekt had stayed alone, and focused on his family, and preparing them for the day that they would take on the Empress and her team.

Sean looked at Mekt. "You finally did it. You trained that group well enough to take her down."

"Yeah. I had help though. It feels good, and unsatisfying at the same time. I am happy that we finally got her in custody...even though we both know that won't last long, but it didn't feel as satisfying as I thought it would."

"There's still a lot to do with those kids."

"They're great kids, and the girls are becoming quite the powerful team. I'm not going anywhere for a while...at least until we get their parents and the rest back."

"You really think the plan is going to work, don't you?"

"Yes I do."

"Did Queen Projectra have the things you needed?"

"Three of them in various states of disrepair, but we should be able to salvage one working one out of them."

"Who would have thought that Lightning Lord would be out to rescue the Legion."

"Who says I always wasn't."

"Right...trying to kill your brother on how many occassions? Trying to get Ayla to join you..."

"I wasn't trying to kill my brother."

"Coulda fooled all of us back then."

"He wasn't/isn't really my brother anymore...and yet he really did became him over time."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Garth."

"I know that...he isn't my brother, yet he is...what is that?

"You know howw Garth died protecting Earth right?"

"Everyone over the age of 30 knows that story, and how Proty sacrificed himself to being him back."

Sean lifted his bottle to take a drink.

"Garth died. Proty ended up projecting his mind into Garths body and has been there ever since. Proty didn't even know himself for a long time, but when he did figure it out, he hid it the best ways he could. Why do you think Garth had so many seemingly diverse personalities over the years. Similiar, yet different enough to be noticed."

Sean spat the contents of his mouth all over the ground. "What? Wait, you're not trying to pull another one over..."

"No. That's really what happened. That's who I was trying to kill for all those years. I mean, I was never the best kid from Winath, and I never would have been an angel, but the mental imbalances made it that much easier to lead the life I led, but I loved my brother and sister...but he wasn't Garth anymore."

"So that's why you..."

"Tried to get Ayla away from him constantly. I should have just told her why, I think she knew too, but the imbalance kept me from thinking straight most of the time. The one time I had any clarity of thought was during the whole Orando thing, and figured out how to get her the lightning back. It nearly killed me me to hurt her so badly, but in the end...it worked."

"So you trying to say that you were doing what you thought was best...but from a very skewed viewpoint."

"Pretty much. Look, I was no saint, but why do you think we always lost. Why they always found us so easily. I gave Ayla back the powers I knew she needed to save Orando from us. I just had to do it in a way that wouldn't get me, or anyone else killed. I talked with Projectra years ago and made peace with her, and she actually thanked me when all was said and done. That's when she decided to let Alyssa to come and join us in the Legion."

"Man. Proty became Garth..."

"Says the man who used to be a woman," Mekt said with a grin.

"Touche."

"You do like 'em powerful though."

Sean bit his lip. "Yeah, I guess I do."

"You know Jan always knew, at least deep down," Mekt said as he took a sip.

"I figures that out after a while. Kinda foolish to think I could fake out someone who can sense everything around him and it's molecular makeup."

"You also know Jan wouldn't of really cared if you had approached him like this don't you."

"I know that now, but at the time I was a bit...confused. I really believed that I wanted to be Shvaugn, I did want to be her. I loved being her. I don't regret it for a minute. But when everything happened with the Dominators...I don't know...I just realized I wanted to be who I was and not who I thought I wanted to be."

"That simple, and in the course of a few days...hmmm?

"Gods no. that decision had been coming for years, almost from the first day I started it. I started before I entered the academy. Made my name as Shvaugn, but was concerned that I could never go back to being Sean...so I entrusted one person with my secret. He made it poossible for me to change back at any point with no ramifications. Zendak was that person, the gods rest his soul. Then, I met Jan that first day as Liason Officer and totally fell in love with him. Not that I wasn't infatuated with him to begin with."

"So..."

"I decided that I was Shvaugn from that point on and like I said, I loved every minute of it. OVer time though I missed little things about being Sean. My parents never really understood, but accepted it as much as parents can I guess. They were supportive, but always seemed as confused as I was. "

"They can be like that. Imagine being a single child on a planet of twins, labeled a super-villian out for your brother blood, and gay on top of it. Bless my parents that they never tried to kill me on the rare ocassions that I did venture home to see them."

"Yeah, nothing that dramatic for me. Just friends that made fun...you know, the normal totally not getting it things that people say and do. In the end, when everything went down, I acted like a complete idiot. I tried being strong, tried being needy...hell I even ran into youg Jan during the final phases, when I was
finally coming to my senses. The Profem had taken a toll on my system, and I think that Jan, bless his heart, helped me in subtle ways get through the worst of it...I don't even think he realized he was doing it at the time. he told me later that he hated seeing me go through the withdrawal and he knew that he had helped me against my wishes. I told him that I loved him more for that than anything else he had ever done for me. "We were just starting to turn a corner in our relationship when they were gone all of a sudden.

"If I'm right, what are you going to do when he comes back?"

Tell him the truth this time. That I have moved on and fallen in love with a great man.

"Good for you."

"Thanks."

"Profem...never could understand the desire for that stuff."

"It was something I had to do."

"Well, I never had the desire to be a woman. Lightning Queen of the Legion of Super Villians!"

"Sun Emporer would have soooo hit on you."

"Who's to say he didn't?"

"C'mon...I don't know when you're serious anymore."

"No, seriously. he got really drunk one night when we were first starting out and hit on me...he never talked about it afterwards, and seemed to overcompensate with the ladies a bit too much as time went on."

----------------

They talked for another two hours before Seans Sciience Police communicator went off, with a high priority alarm.

At the same time, Mekt got a message from the girls regarding a ship that had just shown up sending out an S.O.S.

"Gotta go!" they both said at the same time.

Mekt looked at Sean. "Maybe we won't have to do this next year."

"We still will, Holt is still gone."

Mekt sighed.

Sean gave him a hug. "Take care of yourself and the kids. Let yourself find some happiness."

"I'm leading a bunch of kids into battle after battle, and even though Graym is field leader, I'm the one responsible...it's a big responsibility."

"Holt would want you to be happy...and find someone else. you know I'm right."

"If what the dirls just told me is right, we all have problems coming."

[ June 19, 2010, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad you got to The Conversation sooner than I expected. I think you did an excellent job given the mess that TMK had left you with -- and I don't say that to minimize your achievement, I'm just being honest that no one could ever resolve the conundrum in a way that would fully satisfy me.

Otherwise, it's an superlative installment that shows you are just as good at contemplative moments as you are at action. Keep up the good work.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 14 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WHOA---!!!! That kicked ASS!

Never saw the twist as to why Mekt was after Garth all those times coming... it makes so much sense!!

Dev for a MEKT RANZZ series, STAT!

I really enjoyed the entire Mekt/Sean conversation, Dev. Thanks for the great read, and I look forward to more!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I just read the first part on page 4. I like that you made Gates is the same species as Zymyr, and Zoe has some ancient magic artifacts like Blue Devil's trident.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm up to part two.

[sigh]

I miss Candi.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I do to actually. That's why she's here. Gonna be slightly (almost imperceptable) differences that'll become clear over time.

Glad you like it so far.

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
AAAH this is brilliant!!

I love the sense of continuity you've got, and the energy! I love your Ranzzes! I love your Sean Erin (I wasn't really wild at all when Shvaughn was made Sean, but I think you're making him an awesome character)...I love the homages mixed with new ideas! Very excellent stuff, dude! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Thanks you so much. Praise like this from all of you makes putting my thoughts down on "paper."

Hope to get the first part of the next storyline up this weekend. P;us trying to ramp up the notes for the massive story that is coming soon. A lot to think about and get straight...it could easily get out of control.

Dev - Em
KIA

The Attack: Part one

<Years ago>

Celebrand was sitting on the bridge watching out the window. He was half asleep, and quite frankly...bored out of his mind.

The Wanderers, his team, had been lost in deep uncharted space for years. They had helped their friends the Legion of Super Heroes take on Darkseid and a whole planet of super powered Daxamite slaves. After that, they had stuck around the U.P. for a few years, but chose to go exploring again. Two years into that trip, they got pulled into a vortex and ended up in an uncharted area of space. They were just now getting into an area that their navcomp began to recognize. They still had a couple years to make it back to U.P. space under the most optimal conditions.

The hardest part wsa that there was rumors of another group using their names out there, claiming to be them. Picking up stray broadcasts from ships this far out had given them spotty information at best, but the fact was there was another group of Wanderers out there. The others were taking it in stride, but Celebrand was worried. Especially if the information about a Controller being involved were true. They had been captured years ago and subjected to tests. During their time in captivity, Immorto had heard talk of clones and perfecting the cloning process...amongst other things.

They would have to worry about that when, rather if, they ever got back.

Dartalag and Elvo came in laughing about something, ready to relieve him.

"Have fun boys, and try to keep your eyes on the stars a bit...eh?"

They just laughed even harder.

----------------------

Immorto and Quantum Queen woke up to the sound of the main alert going off.

"What the hell is out here to threaten us?" Immorto said as he slipped his clothes on.

"No idea hon," Quantun Queen said as she slipped a robe on, "let's go find out."

----------------------

Dartalag and Elvo were on the bridge when they arrived to see what was happening.

"You guys are gonna want to see this..." Elvo said as he jerked his thumb at the window.

Immorto looked out and say space dolphins flying by at a high rate of speed. Thousands of them.

"Okay...I thought those things were long extinct and as they apparently aren't, what are they running from?"

"Dartalag was at the radar station. "We should find out in about 5 minutes. This is a huge grouping of creatures, that spans quite a range...but the end os visable on radar and there are several extremely large creatures at the end of the mass."

----------------------

<three days ago>

Immortos' hands were gripping the ships controls so hard tha the veins on his arms were bulging.

"Got to get back...and warn them that they're coming..."

His mind wandered back to the day that they had first encountered the creatures that were just days behind him. The day that he lost his lover. The day he lost his best friends. The day he lost his entire team. He survived the slaughter by the natuire of his powers alone. The attack had been vicious and quick when he really thought about it. They had no idea what the creatures were capeable of.

----------------------

<now>

<New Earth>

Sean Erin walked into his office, with his top people right behind him.

"Tell me again what is going on, start with the pods, then the other thing..." he said feeling a headache starting already. This was going to be a long day.

Roon Dvron spoke up first. "The pods contained three sentient beings that we have genetically identified. The fourth pod that had been opened before we found it was also checked for DNA samples and we confirmed the identity of that person as well."

Sean sighed..."Roon, I know that much, were they who wwe thought they were?"

"Three of them yes. The fourth was a huge surprise to us. and to him when we tracked him down."

"So..."

"Sorry sir. The first was indeed Tasmia Mallor, the second is Condo Arlik, the third was Brin Londo." Roon paused wrinkling his mouth as if debating saying something.

"What's the matter?"

"Brin Londo looks a lot like the Legion member Furball."

"That's because Brin was Furball. Interesting. The process the Domnators used must have had an effect on him. Who was the last one...since we thought it was Druiter."

"Um, this one took quite a bit of digging to find a match for, but Drake Burroughs is among the living again. This time he's still human though."

Sean lifted his eyebrows involuntarily. "Drake? Mekt really needs to be called in on this one."

Gigi Cusimano spoke now, "He's already on his way here."

"Right. Of course...the other issue which he already knows about as well."

"Right. As you know, Immorto of the Wanderers showed up on the edges of broadcast range about three days ago. All he kept repeating was that 'they'were coming after him...and that 'they' could kill us all."

"Are we certain as to his claims of what is coming? Have we verified who he is? Last time anyone saw the Wanderers, they looked a bit different."

"It's him, and his claims are being checked out by some border patrols."

----------------------

Mekt sat with his head in his hands. If what the Science Police were telling him was true, they had four more Legionnaires...like those that had shown up right before they all were taken, he was convinced of this now more than ever. One of them being arguably the most powerful being in the universe. He kept thinking about Drake Burroughs though. How would he react to everything he had to tell him? Would he be willing to help? The hunt for his brother, or cousin, depending on which story you believed, had ended successfully...although Squire had priven to be a bit mentally unstable...even more so then Douglas Nolan.

Sean had said there was also the issue of the news that Immorto had brought back from parts unknown.

It was going to be a long day, and if what the cryptic "it was their fault...Garth is to blame" sentence he uttered only once was true...Mekt shuddered at the thought.

----------------------

Sean sat listening to the last broadcast of the deep space patrol. There was no denying it now. They had gotten a count out...if the static garbled mess they had received was to be believed...18 of them were just four days away from U.P. space.

He checked the maps and finally decided that he had to call the Khunds. Relations had been highly strained as of late...but he had to warn them that there was a danger if these things changed course by even a few degrees.

----------------------

Mekt and Graym walked off the ship and were met by Gig Cusimano.

Mekt grinned, "this is big isn't it? You're here on New Earth?"

"The news coming down is as big as we've gotten in years. We've confirmed some things while you were on your way. Hello Graym..."

Graym blushed a little. he knew he had been caught staring at her...

"This way. We've been talking to the four, and they are all willing to help. They've been brought up to date on the happenings of the universe while they've been 'gone.'"

"All of them," Mekt said with a slight upbeat sound in his voice."

"Drake especially. he knows what his other self has been through and wants to help him."

----------------------

"That will have to wait though," Sean said as they entered the room, "Yes Ambassador, I understand your reluctance to believe the news, but it is true and I'm passing it on as a courtesy."

Sean motioned for them to come in and sit down.

"Good day then."

Makt held in a laugh.

"Grife! Those Khunds can be stubborn and then they can be downright stubborn."

"They've had years of practice Chief," Mekt said as he leaned forward a little in his seat.

"You both know why you're here. We have more Legionnaires for you Mekt...Graym..."

"We've heard. Very fortunate."

"Very," Sean said, "listen to this..."

<click>

This is SP Craft 247 reporting. We are approaching t...<crackle>...the creatures should be...<crackle>...The radar has picked up ...<crackle>...t life forms. ...<crackle>...peat eighteen extremely large life ...<crackle>...They ...<crackle>...ching at a high ra...<crackle>...of speed.

Oh...<crackle>...od...<crackle>...it's Dxaundii!!...<crackle>...

<click>

Sean looked up at Mekt.

Mekt looked around the room.

They were in trouble.

[ July 10, 2010, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa. Great opening! Reeled me right in, it did.

I'm digging the 4 new additions, I'm glad they were found.

You've kept the tone and atmosphere of TMK in place so well.

About the mystery creatures-- I am not 100% sure but I have a guess at what they are. My guess (which is probably not right anyway) is Click Here For A Spoilera bunch of those giant Djinn-Genie creatures. Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to this!!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Wrong on the guess...this does tie in to an old Adventure Era comic though. I always thought there should have been consequences to how one story ended...
Dev - Em
KIA

To be fair, the creature in question is referred to by another name in the story...

Actually a good guess though, I had thought about revisiting that story as well...but decided against it for now.

[ July 10, 2010, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.