Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dev's Legion Fanfic project...What happens after Zero Hour - The Attack Continues (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Dev's Legion Fanfic project...What happens after Zero Hour - The Attack Continues
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I am loving this! More SW6ers! Mystery space creatures...awesome!!

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The Attack:Part 2

<Enroute to Talus>

Immorto sat relatively still. Only his left leg was moving, it was bouncing, his heel thumping against the floor.

He knew they believed him now...knew that The Wanderers would finally get justice. His team had managed to kill three of the creatures years ago, but he couldn't really remember how they had accomplished that. Thnigs had happened so fast...no time to say goodbye to any of his friends, or to his love.

His attention was drawn from the viewport by the sound of the door opening.

He turned his head and his eyes widened. he had been told that Mekt Ranzz, Lightning Lord of the Legion of Super Villians was now leading a new Legion of Super Heroes. That he had reformed years ago and had trained, and was still training, a new generation of heroes. But seeing him here...now...was almost too much.

"I don't believe it."

Mekt smiled a warm friendly smile. "I understand. The last time you saw me was probably on a special about the most wanted men in the United Planets."

"Yeah. I guess if the Science Police Chief vouches for you though..."

Mekt nodded to the door, "How about her?"

Laurel Gand walked intot he room and immediately got a smile out of Immorto.

"I'm so glad you're not dead..." she said, with just a hint on irony in her voice that only Mekt would pick up. For she too had been thought dead for years.

"Sometimes I wish I were," he said sttill half grinning. He had stood up and given Laurel a hug.

Laurel had a tear in her eye. "Two long thought dead friends back in as many weeks," she said, first Ennis and now you."

"Ennis?" Immorto said with a slightly puzzled look on his face.

"He tried out for the Legion once as Animal Lad, and then worked for the Metropolis Game Preserve."

"AH, I remember him now. Nice guy...kind of a free spirit really."

"Not so much any more, but that's a story for a different time."

Mekt loked between the two. "The Dxaundii are about two days from the first settlement. Are you sure it's them?"

Immorto looked at him and nodded, "I watched the holofile on Garth's mission. It's them alright. The screatures are the same as the one that took his arm."

"Well, after a bit of checking, we were able to find out that Dr. Lanphier never bothered to isolate the creature after it was returned to normal size. Apparently, according to his nephew, family legend is that he took the thing to the edge of the U.P. border and released it. He thought ist was harmless at that point and thought he was doing the right thing."

Immorto closed his eyes and lowered his head. "I keep telling myself it was all a dream..."

Mekt walked over to him and put his hand on his shoulder. "Will you help us? We can beat these things...rather easily as it turns out, but we need your help, and the help of two others.

---------------------

<One Hour from New Earth>

"Who are we going to ask for help again?" Princess Alyssa asked.

"Kirt Niedrigh," Graym said as he looked over at her, "he went by the name Absorbancy Boy. Tried out for the Legion and lost to Tyroc."

"Which one was he?"

"He had the vocal based powers I think. he ended up as President of New Earth before he disappeared with the rest of them."

"Oh. Him. The Queen always spoke highly of him. Do we know if this guy will help us?"

"We hope so, but nobody has really talked to him in years. That's partly why Animal Man is with us...one old applicant to another type thing."

"What about the other guy? Ord, or whatever his name was?"

"Yeah it's Ord, Duplicate Boy, he already said he'd meet us at the staging point. Took a little political wrangling, but Uncle Mekt figured something out."

"How does he manage to keep getting what he wants?"

"If I find that out, you'll be the first to know," Graym said with a sly grin on his face.

"You're not going to give up are you?"

"Nope."

---------------------

<Enroute to Talus>

Immorto nodded. "I think your plan will work. Better if we have the three teams like you want."

Mekt looked hopefull. "I hope so. With the others running interference and the three teams handling disabling the Dxaundii once Ennis has done his thing, it should be pretty straight forward..."

Laurel looked at him, "You're having doubts?"

"No. Yes. It just seems too easy. It'll work, I just worry about too many things."

"Yeah, but that saved me from the Khunds."

Mekt laughed. "That it did."

Immorto said, "It'll work. These things are not the smartest animals in the universe."

"I hope so," Mekt said.

---------------------

<Tallus>

Garridan was pacing through the halls.

Jenni went running past him causing his hair to whip forward over his eyes. "Slow it down Zippy!"

Jenni reversed direction and plasnted a kiss on his cheek, "Sorry." Then she was gone again.

Loomis sighed from the shadows. "You kids make me wanna hurl."

"Garridan just looked at him. "I don't know why she did that..."

"Then you're dumber than Krinn was back on Braal when we was kids."

Garridan got an even more puzzled look on his face.

"Shut your mouth sweetie, you look more intelligent that way...and as for you Loomis, leave my husband out of your rants okay?"

"Sorry Lydda,,,it's just that he was soo wide eyed and innocent all the fraggin time..."

"Loomis..."

"Going."

"You alright Gar?"

"Just nervous and excited about the mission. I mean this thing took my dad's arm off. they're dangerous and unpredictable."

"Your dad used to be like this too. A big bundle of energy before missions."

"REally?"

"Yeah. Used to drive Rokk insane. your mom too. They were always calm and collected, focused on the mission to the point of being annoying themselves. They all mellowed over the years, especially your dad, but you could literally feel the electricity in the air around him on the way to a battle."

A smile had worked itself across Garridans face. "Thanks. My Uncle talks about my dad, but he didn't really know him until later, too busy with the whole kill thingie...you knew him during the adventure and action years."

"You're welcom sweetie. Now I have to go get the kids so Ivy can get some rest."

---------------------

<New Earth>

Graym landed the cruiser and he and Karate Kid started toward the home of Kirt Niedrigh.

"...won't you go out with me?" Graym asked for the third time in the last hour.

"My Queen has issued a decree that I may not date until such time as she deems appropriate."

"You are soo lying."

"Kind of, she said to stay away from you though," Princess Alyssa said with a laugh.

"That I can believe..."

"Here it is."

Graym winked at her and hit the door buzzer.

"I should knock you out right..." she stopped talking when the door opened.

In front of them stood a middle aged, half bald depressed looking man.

Graym did his best to not react, and envied the control that Karate Kid had over her emotions. "Hi. We're looking for Kirt Niedrigh."

The man sighed and yelled back into the "Kirt, you got visitors!"

Graym and Alyssa shot looks at each other.

Kirt walked into the doorway. He looked maybe two years older than the tapes of his Legion Tryout video. Stronger and bigger maybe, but really young for his age.

"Kirt Niedrigh?"

"Yes. Who are you two supposed to be?"

"I'm Discharge and this is the Karate Kid. We're with the Legion of Super Heroes and on behalf of the United Planets, we need your help."

Kirt smiled. "What's in it for me?"

"What do you want?"

"Membership."

"Done."

"Let's go."

---------------------

Makt took off his headphones and turned to the others.

"We're all set. Graym and the Princess and Kirt are on their way to meet up with the rest of the team. Blok is moving towrds the staging area."

"Power Boy is leaving Lallor with Ord right now," Laurel said as she turned around as well.

The three of them looked at each other. They all busted out laughing at the same time.

"Life is weird," Mekt said.

"That it is," Immorto said in a weaker voice than even he expected. "I'm sorry, it's just that everything is hitting me..."

Laurel looked at him, "It'll be over soon, then you can mourn properly."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I am SO sorry for having took so long to read and comment like I said I would, knowing you aren't feeling well...

So, the twins have a little "Shining" thing going on.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
No problem Sarky.

A little Shining, and a little of those girls from Morrisons New X-Men run...but with a twist that I think will eventually make sense.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
The Stepford Cuckoos.

Sophie
Phoebe
Irma "Mindee"
Celeste
Esme

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

To those reading these stories...I will be back into writing soon, personal issues have kept me in a plaace where I am not in the right place mentally to chronicle more adventures at this point. Soon though, I hope.
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

We understand.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Dev - Em
KIA

Interlude
-----------------

Ket Martun was tossing a 5 poud chunk of rock from hand to hand. He was on a cruiser headed towards an intercept couse with over fifteen giant space creatures. Hehad finally pulled the rock from his bag to stop shifting himself around in his seat.

He noticed that Mekt had seenwhat he was doing and just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

"Is that from Zwen?" Mekt asked.

"Yeah. I being it with me everywhere," Ket said softly. Most everything he said was said in soft, almost whisperish speach. He was extremely shy, and had had no real thoughts of being a Legionnaire, but fate had dealt him a different hand than he had thought.

Mekt moved seat to be closer to him. "It's alright to be nervous Quarry. I still get that way every time."

"It's not just that..."

"I know. You know you can always talk to me about it. I'm the last person to judge someone on their motivations, or insecurities."

"I just hate fighting in space."

"No land to interact with?"

Mekt caught Princess Alyssa's eye and motioned with his head for her to come over.

"Yeah, that's part of it. The vulnerable feeling that goes along with using my power is what really gets to me though," Ket said as she joined them.

Mekt wasn't sure if this would embarass him, but he wanted another voice besides his own here.

"Why do you feel vulnerable Quarry?" Princess Alyssa asked him, "are you not stone when you use your power?"

Mekt smiled ever so slightly. Princess Alyssa knew every members strengths and weaknesses, but Quarry did not know that. Mekt knew that every time he talked about it, he felt better about himself, because he really took to heart the advice that other gave him. That was why he had come so far as a Legionnaire from when he first arrived.

-------------------------------

Mekt had been approached 4 years ago to take another member into his Legion. The Planet Ambassador from Zwen had come to him and asked as a personal favor if Mekt would train his nephew.

"My nephew has special abilities that set him apart from the rest of us Zwenians," the Ambassador said.

"What kind of abilities?"

"He was born with the standard ability to convert his body to stone, the same as all of us, but if he does so while in contact with the ground, he can project his mind into it and manipulate it."

"You mean he has manipulation abilities?"

"Kind of. It's more like he can do anything with the ground that he is in if he can think of it. He literally leaves his body, although being in contact with the ground allows him the escape hatch of returning. He reverts to normal though when he does."

"And if he is not in contact?"

"Standard stone transformation, although he has shown signs of movement as Dag Wentim had learned before his dissapearance."

"I just hate the feeling of being out of my body."

"Ah," Princess Alyssa said, "have you ever thought of manipulating the earth to form around your body to use it as a base for what you are doing?"

"What do you mean?"

Mekt involuntary cocked one eyebrow up in curiosity at her statement.

"Well. Let's say that with the situation we have coming up...if you were able to find an asteroid or other terrestial body, made contact and constructed a huge construct around your own body to use in the fight. Kept your own body shifting within the mass of rock to keep yourself as safe as possible. Would that work at making you feel more at ease with using your power?"

"I could try it. Do you think it will work?"

"It cannot hurt to try, can it?"

Mekt nodded to the Princess, and she stood up to walk back to her meditation area.

"Look, we need you in this one. I need you to do something for me while we're out there."

Ket looked at him and slmied. "What do you need?"

It was a short time later that Mekt wandered through the halls of the cruiser.

He came to a locked door. He faced the door, closed his eyes, sighed and raised his arm to knock.

The door slid open before he could do anything though.

"How is he doing?" He asked the floating ship that housed Quislet.

"He is good. Better learner than his brother/cousin whatever Wildfireman is."

Mekt looked past him and saw Squire Burroughs standing before him, out of his suit for the first time since the Dominators had messed with his DNA.

Mekt thanked Quislet and walked towards Squire. Looking at him was like looking at a translucient person with waves of heat coming off of him..

"I cannot thank you enough for helping me," Squire said with a smile on his new face.

"It's why we're here Squire. To help those that need it. People like you and Douglas."

"How is he? I saw him briefly when the bird boys brought me in."

"He's getting better, especiallt now that he knows what we're planning."

"I'm in for that too by the way. Any chance to see my cousin again."

"Glad to hear that."

"Can I ask you something else?"

"Go ahead," Mekt said as he walked toward the reinforced window in the room and looked outside.

"Is there really another Drake alive on New Earth?"

"Amongst others...yes."

"Does he have any idea what happened to the other him?"

"That, I do not know. I haven't had the chance to talk with them yet."

"Does anybody know where they came from...really."

"No."

"How long till we get there?"

"Any time now. So get yourself ready. You'll be with Quislet for this...just to be sure."

"I can't wait."

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Great character work, great elaboration of Ket's powers (is he by any chance an earth elemental...of space?) and great setup for things to come.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I'm gonna regroup on this and get a new episode out soon...
Dev - Em
KIA

Wow...been a while.

Lost a lot of work on this when my laptop died. Have had a hard time getting back into it, but I am feeling the urge to finish this story and move on to the bigger and better things awaiting our heroes. Lots of plans...still the same as they were, just need to start writing again.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Would love to read more, Dev. I love how you started with a post on Animal Man. Being able to take a very minor character from the Legion's history, and then making us feel for him, is a gift.

Also love you bringing Zoe, Jenni and Dyrk in. I love your Legion lineup as a whole!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

The Attack Part 3

Mekt met with Immorto and one member of each team. They were the ones that this whole thing hinged upon.

“Thank you for taking this last minute to meet before we begin,” Mekt said addressing the four men.

Ord Quelu , Kirt Niedrigh and Ennis Janhson joined Immorto around the table.

Mekt continued, “…you three are the key to all this. By duplicating Ennis’ powers, we will be able to reduce the threat of the Dxaundii into nothing more than an upset Earth chipmunk.”

Immorto shook his head, “these things need to be eliminated.”

Kirt agreed, somewhat loudly.

Ennis mumbled something and Ord smiled at the comment.

Mekts’ eyes narrowed. “No killing of the creatures, is that understood?”

Kirt shrugged, :okay, okay. I jus think it’s just not the right call is all.”

-----

A short time later, the teams were assembled. Immorto and Mekt were the ones that would be remaining on board their cruiser to coordinate the mission.

Ennis was joined by Karate Kid and Validus.

Ord was joined by Discharge, Quislet and Squire Burroughs.

Kirt was joined by Power Boy, Quarry and Laurel.

“Get ready to launch in 5 minutes,” Immorto said over the intercom.

Ord was chatting with Ord as Kirt approached.

“Sorry to interrupt you two, but I need to get a taste of your power…” Kirt said to Ennis.”

Ennis smiled at him, “no problem Kirt.”

-----

Mekt put his hand on Laurels shoulder, “I do not fully trust Mr. Niedrigh, so that’s why you are accompanying him.”

“I figured as much. Do we really need him though?”

“Maybe not, but I’d rather have three points of attack, than just one or two.”

“Launch in one minute people.” Immortos’ voice boomed over the intercom.

Validus got a wide grin on his face as he closed his eyes and concentrated. His body growing and changing along the way. “Can I say it bro?”

Discharge shook his head a little, “why not…”

“LONG LIVE THE LEGION!!!!!” Validus boomed as the teams took off out of the cruiser towards the awaiting Dxaundii.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.