Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Justice League Apocrypha: fanfics, fanfics discussion, and more (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Justice League Apocrypha: fanfics, fanfics discussion, and more
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I like it, Quis, especially her parentage being from two different Atlantean cities. Thank you.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Have an idea for Thunderlord. Will post by Monday.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I look forward to it, Quis. Thanks in advance.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Lei Gong was bored. He is one of the barely remembered gods. Without worshippers, he and his fellow gods have become like mere phantoms. The most he could do is watch the doings of mankind. He longed for the days when he would aid mankind by punishing those who had committed secret crimes. It seemed as if the mortals did not need the gods as they could help themselves, some even had powers that rivaled the gods. He envied these superheroes. "There must be a way" He thought "for me to aid mankind once again like the superheroes do now. I will go see Sun Wukung. If anyone knows how to do something, it will be him."

Sun Wukung did know a way, but there was a high price to pay. Lei Gong would have to become mortal himself and would eventually die. Lei Gong pondered this for a long time. The empty life he was living soon lost to his need to be worshipped again and to do good deeds for mankind. Sun Wukung told Lei Gong that he must first find a mortal willing to change places. Then Sun Wukung would instruct the mortal in the rituals he needed to do in order to make the transfer.

Liang Xih K'ai was scared and lonely. In the space of a year the eight year old's entire family had died. Some to illness, some to accidents, and his beloved grandmother to old age. He missed his family. And he was scared of dying. So when the spirit form of Lei Gong first appeared to him, he thought it was Death come to claim him at last. But Lei Gong offered him immortality. Liang would swap places with Lei Gong and become a spirit. And as a spirit, Liang would be able to interact with other spirits, including those mortals who have died. Although as a spirit Liang would look like Lei Gong and Lei Gong would bond with Liang's body.

Liang agreed and gathered together all the items Sun Wukung said was needed to make the trnasfer. He painted the sacred symbols in just the right place. And on the next full moon, when the barrier between the spirit world and the material world was at its weakness, Liang began the spell. The spirit form of Lei Gong looked into the eyes of Liang and Liang looked into the eyes of Lei Gong. The two remained locked liked this for 9 hours when neither could tell which was Lei Gong and which was Liang. This continued for another 3 hours until there was a booming clap of thunder. Then Lei Gong looked upon the spirit form of Lei Gong and Liang looked upon the body of Liang Xih K'ai.

For the next ten years Lei Gong trained his body to physical perfection. Only a strong and healthy body could withstand the forces unleashed when he would use his powers. On his 18th birtday Liang felt ready to begin his career as a superhero. He could form his hands and feet into claws or talons. When he wished to fly, two gigantic bat wings would spring forth from the back. And Yes the thunder was his to command once more. Taking the superhero name of Thunder Lord, Liang looked forward to aiding the unfortunate, protecting mankind, and og course, to be worshipped once more.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Very cool! Thank you so much, Quis.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL Issue 1

Written by: Fanfic Lady

Creative Consultant: MLLASH

Special Thanks to: Kent Shakespeare, Quislet, Esq., Invisible Brainiac

PAGE ONE

PANEL 1: (Establishing shot of the Secret Sanctuary in Happy Harbor, Rhode Island, which once served as headquarters for the now-defunct Justice League of America. Moving trucks are pulling up outside the Sancutary.)

PANEL 2: (Inside the Sanctuary, the remanants of the JLA -- Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Elongated Man, and Sue Dibny stand around, as if no one wants to be the one to say that it is time to leave.)

PANEL 3: (Close-up of...)

BLACK CANARY: I hear the trucks outside. Let's go. We would only be in the workmen's way if we stayed.

PANEL 4: (As they make their exit, Sue brushes away a tear.)

ELONGATED MAN: You okay, honey?

SUE: Of course I am. You know I'm not the...sentimental type.

ELONGATED MAN: Hey, it's not like all our super-friends out there aren't still fighting the good fight. Besides, what could possibly happen that Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman can't handle by themselves?

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

PAGE TWO

PANEL 1: (Half-page splash of hurricanes and tidal waves and hell-beasts bursting from the Earth's crust all at once. The moving trucks are sent flying and spinning around.)

PANEL 2: (The four heroes with their jaws dropped at the horrific sight of what they are witnessing.)

ELONGATED MAN: Me and my big mouth!

PANEL 3:

MARTIAN MANHUNTER: I shall rescue the workmen. The rest of you, retreat into the Sanctuary and issue an alert calling all available heroes!

PANEL 4:

BLACK CANARY: You heard him! Run for it!

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Oooh, so J'Onn, Dinah and Ralph remain as members. Will you be keeping the lineup the same, or throwing in some interesting new faces?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

It's going to be pretty much what most people would expect from a JLI lineup, but with all of the Global Guardians mixed in to add a bit of spice. Okay, a lot of spice.

There will be at least a couple more pages by tomorrow.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.