Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dream Boy and the Amazers - introducing Squad Quantum! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Dream Boy and the Amazers - introducing Squad Quantum!
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
While Squad Quantum made their way to the transmitter room Brainiac 5 set out his plan to Atmos.

Imra , Monstress and Lamprey would tackle Zero. The traitorous trainee would be dealt with as soon as she appeared.

It was under two minutes from when Rol spoke to James to when he turned up with the trainee Squad.

At his side Laser Ape and Laughing Boy both said ‘Hi’ to Pol and Rol simultaneously. Zero was behind them, apparently oblivious to what was away to happen.

Atmos turned to the group and pointed at Zero, the rest of the team moved away from her, suspicion writ across their faces. Monstress and Lamprey flanked her. Before Zero could respond to the situation Saturn Girl announced “I have her, she will go to sleep now.”
Zero slumped to the floor, her breathing turning into gentle snores.

“Rol what the florg is happening?” James looked furious, Laser Ape and Laughing Boy went to the side of their fellow trainee in obvious concern. A couple of members of Team Leviathon moved over to the sleeping traitor, joining their fellow trainees. As Rol looked around the room he saw that Dream Girl was talking quietly with Reflecto. It wasn’t the time to ask but Rol really wanted to know what was being said between the Legionnaire and the Amazer trainee that had caused so many problems on Legion Plaza in her name. Whatever it was that she said Reflecto straightened his shoulders and lifted his head, nodding in agreement.

Saturn Girl’s telepathic voice let everyone present know what was happening.

“Her mind is full of twists and turns, this one has never been a hero. There’s a price on all of your heads. She is part of a group that has been sent here to undermine the Amazers. All the disasters that Xanthu is currently facing have been manufactured to split the team up so you will be vulnerable to attack.”

The volume rose as almost everyone in the room started talking at once. Imra coolly carried on, her thoughts cutting through the chatter.

“There’s a competition of sorts going on. She thinks there will be dozens of meta criminals out there, some will have formed alliances, other working solo, they’ve all been told if they kill any one of your team they would automatically gain membership to the League of Assassins. You’ve upset the Dark Man’s plans for this sector of space and he is not happy.”

[ September 23, 2011, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
More coming next week -sorry I've had less time than I expected to write this week.

Hope you are enjoying the story so far. All comments appreciated so if you have taken the time to read this please let me know what you think so far.

Cx

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Rol and Pol! That's hilarious!

I think you've gotten the characters down pat, too. Haven't read through it all yet, still on Page 1, but... it looks great so far [Big Grin]

More, more, more!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Thanks IB, I agree that Rol + Pol are a fun pairing. Sadly my laptop is not very well and I have to get it fixed so am having to use my phone to post right now (funnily enough its a Wildfire!) so until my laptop is back I wont be able to continue this. Keep your fingers crossed I get it back soon. Cx

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Fingers and toes crossed Harbi, hope to see you back here soon!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Finally have my computer fixed and internet access back up and running - hoorah!

More coming soon from our favourite son of Naltor and the Xanthu Amazers [Smile]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

HURRAY! Glad to have you back, Harbinger [Big Grin]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Brainiac 5, of course, took swift command of the situation.

“They will be expecting you to arrive in your training groups and will, if they have any intelligence, be ready to deal with them. “

Even Atmos, Rol noticed was giving the Coluan Legionnaire his full attention.“There are five problems to deal with; the collapse of Ghandi Gorge...”

Nura interrupted here, gently placing her hand on her fiancé’s arm as she did, “I’ve already foreseen that I will deal with Elysion there darling. It will be my pleasure.” Rol is chilled by the lack of emotion in Nura’s voice as she says she will deal with the psychopathic geomorph who had murdered her in Legion Plaza.

“Of course.” Brainiac 5 pauses for a second before carrying on, “Our immediate concern is removing the crowds from below the Spire, the Legion learned that lesson already.”

Atmos grins and steps towards the Legionnaire genius as he says “It would be my pleasure.” He almost gazes at Rol as he finishes saying it but doesn’t quite make eye contact. Without another word the Amazers’ leader flies out of the door and off to deal with the religious movement he had so vehemently opposed.

“He’ll have to deal with Sun Emperor and a couple of Durlans, but that shouldn’t take him too long.” Nura’s expression tells Rol that she has slipped out of the Now into the Next, monitoring Atmos’ activities.

As several of the trainees start to talk amongst themselves and even the Monstress looks anxious Brainiac announces “If no one else wants to run off without a plan let me tell you what we are going to do next.”

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

The Great Eye, Xanthu’s first astronomic satellite was renowned for the images and data it had gathered from distant galaxies over the last three centuries. At the time of its construction it was one of the largest and most sophisticated pieces of engineering ever built. These days it was a famous tourist destination and galaxy renowned centre for education.

All contact had been lost just over an hour ago.

Jasmin Cullen’s team, the Star Stormers, had been sent to investigate. With her were Typhoon, the young trainee Separator and the other four members of the team. Brainiac 5 asked for information on them and quickly the trainees present told the Coluan all they knew.

“How many of you can travel and survive unaided in space?” Brainiac 5’s abrupt manner was still grating Rol realised, as the Amazers and their trainees answered.
Only Captain Marvel and another member of the trainee team the Leviathans, a powerful looking Tamaran who called herself Andromeda could.

“Well, we can even the odds a bit, Shadow Lass it’s time you suited up Drake

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Tasmia Mallor smiled as she reached into a pocket in her cloak.

“Brainy has fitted us all with these inter dimensional storage access Tesseract Pockets; they make carrying things so much easier.” As she said this she pulled out an armoured suit the size of a fully grown man and helmet with a glass face plate. “Meet one of our newest members, Wildfire.”

The suit uncrumpled itself, as it filled up with the invisible anti-energy body of the onetime blackmailed political saboteur known as Drake Burroughs.

The Monstress turned to Lamprey and said sweetly “We really need to get those pockets fitted, just think of the accessories we could take with us.”

“Time to get going, eh?” The voice from the newly filled suit sounded so normal, so human that Rol found it almost the most difficult thing to comprehend.

“Drake, take these ladies up to the Great Eye and sort out any problems you find. “

James Cullen stepped forward and said, “Hang on a minute you can’t let two trainees and your new guy deal with this themselves. You don’t know what’s waiting for them up there.”

“Actually I’ve been monitoring all planetary news feeds as we’ve been talking,” Brainiac 5 turns his right palm towards the watching group showing a small holographic display, “and according to the latest surveillance there are a team of four villains and apart from the user of one of the Emerald Eyes of Ekron they aren’t really much of a challenge.”

“My sister is up there mister ...”

Nura interrupted James, “She’ll be fine, you’ll be with her in a couple of hours but we have bigger battles to fight before we get there darling.” James scowled and crossed his arms, but remained quiet.

[ August 05, 2012, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

As the trio step through the transmatter towards the Great Eye Brainiac 5 turns to the remaining group.

“There’s trouble in the heart of East Continent, the villagers near to the caves have reported explosions...”

The group turns to Rol and after his recent adventure there looks in expectation. “That’s where Particon and Atom’x led their group, any stats Brainy?”

The Coluan Legionnaire looks at his palm display again. “It looks like this team is achieving its goal, they have caught two villains already though if a couple of you want to go help?”

Lamprey stepped forward, “I’ll go, I can’t stand around anymore.”

Pol Krinn also came forward, “Me too, let’s go”
“Be careful sweetie”

The Monstress looked both disappointed with her co-leader leaving and proud of her for stepping forward.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

“It’s time I went to Ghandi Gorge and sorted out Elysion once and for all, I need you James and that girl too.” Nura pointed to the trainee from the Leviathans with red skin and a tiger motif costume. “Maybe Salu too, are you around Atom Girl? Come out to play now please.”

A mote that quickly grew into a young woman flew off of Shadow Lasses cape and stood before Nura, hands resting anxiously on the handles of her guns.

“I’m staying here to look after Brainy.” Her defiant reply. Still, Rol could see that for all her bluster she was not entirely confident.

Brainiac 5 replied, “Salu, help Nura, I’ll be fine here I promise.”

Atom Girl’s chin went up and she didn’t look at her fellow Legionnaire as she strode up to the Transmatter.

As Nura joined her she casually tossed over her shoulder, “Rol, take care.”

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

South Continent’s last remaining silver mine, under a 26th century nu-baroque designed geodome, often referred to as Xanthu’s Architectural Gem, had gone off line at almost exactly the same time as the Great Eye.

“The Persuader leads a team here, and this is where Psyche took her team including the two psi traitors.” Brainiac 5 positions the palm held holo out and with a wave of his left hand increases its size for all to see.

Science Police vehicles above the geodome were realtiming images of the scene.

A muscular man holding a huge axe with the traitorous Esper Lass and Lady Memory and an unknown woman with a silver cloak on beside him.
On the floor before them in what looked like pools of blood lay Psyche, Dragon Mage, the xenomorph with eyes like petals and the mystic from Starhaven.

Struggling between two brown clad muscle men was the remaining member of their trainee team, the girl from the Alchemist World who called herself Nemesis Girl.

“Life stats?” Rol asked before he consciously thought. The Monstress had moved to a consol and was reading off the figures.

“Not good, Psyche is bleeding out. Early Light from Starhaven has lost a limb, he isn’t going to make it unless we act quickly. Contact from W’naddi Tooheeni is comatose. We need to get there already!”

The remaining Amazers, Legionnaires and trainees all moved towards the transmatter.

“Wait a moment, I’d like you to stay with me, just in case...” Brainiac 5 was pointing to Infectious Lass, who looked shocked at being singled out.

Saturn Girl, Shadow Lass, Laser Ape, Laughing Boy, Gates, the Monstress and Reflecto all followed Rol through the transmatter.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

More coming soon and it'll be guaranteed action after all this chitter chatter scene setting stuff [Smile]

Hope you enjoy!

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
This stuff is great, Harbinger! I love everyone's characterizations...the scenes introducing the trainees was a really good snapshot for each of them. I also am really enjoying the way they interact in general, you can see obvious respect and affection with a lot of them. It's pretty cool seeing the non-Legion parts of the 3boot universe explored, I dont think we really get a lot of that in the comic until Shooter came along.

With Element Lad's death, are they talking about the Superboy-Prime story, or is this something different?

Looking forward to seeing the confrontation with the bad guys! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.