Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dream Boy and the Amazers - introducing Squad Quantum! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Dream Boy and the Amazers - introducing Squad Quantum!
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Even as they flew towards the Empress and the Eye they could see it had contained her unconscious and damaged body in it’s emerald energies. As they got closer they all swore later they had heard a voice say:

“You have made an enemy this day, Eye will not forget.”

And with that the Empress and the Eye vanished, as if they were never there.

Captain Marvel was first at the point were they had last seen the Emerald Empress and was not suprised, though disappointed, that she could find no trace of their adversary. After several seconds she turned and flew back towards the Observatory. Both Andromeda and Wildfire stayed behind, more hopeful of finding some clue to the Empresses whereabouts. She was more concerned that they had seen any sign of the Amazer team led by Jasmin Cullen that had been on the Observatory before them. And, wasn’t there a fourth villain? The Science Police had said there was someone who was there then wasn’t..

With that thought she sped up and rushed back to the Observatory.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Lamprey and Magnetic Kid stepped through a transmatter gate into a towns square.

The morning sun was just rising, casting long cool violet shadows over the grey granite cobbled yard. Lamprey was certain they were at the same castle where Rol had had that infamous adventure recently; this was where it was foretold he would become a Prophet. Her own people carried ancient stories of ancestor spirits and the Dreamtime with them to their new world in the 25th century but she had never been much of a theologian so didn’t take much stock of those sort of proclamations. There were far more practical issues to be dealt with. She was glad though that the SP had set up this temporary transmatter facility while they were exploring the nearby caves for any further signs of the villainous Tariq the Mute’s android manufacturing. Taylaskott was sure that, for all their arguing about their right to live a Lo-Tec life, the natives would be happy to finally be connected so easily with the rest of the United Planets.

A practical issue arose almost immediately in front of them; a group of terrified locals running through the square away from the distinctive sound of energy blasts. Both Lamprey and Magnetic Kid took to the air and flew as fast as their Amazer Flight Belts could take them over the nearby buildings towards the sounds of their colleague’s fight.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

From above they could see Radion blasting a large blue skinned man who seemed unhurt as he strode towards the energy casting Amazer.

“He’s mine!” and with that Lamprey dove down towards the villain and, under cover of Radions energy flares, grabbed the huge man from behind and began to absorb his life energy. After less than a second she was violently shrugged off his back and crashed into a building before slumping to the ground,

“Hey Pol, be a hero like your brother used to be and slow down this brute will you!” Radion’s call for help annoyed Magnetic Kid but he concentrated on the task at hand. The nearby buildings were made from timber and stone and the only metal he could sense was... it was in the attacking villain himself. He was an android!

Rol smiled as he realised that Radion would have to eat humble pie after this.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Two of the Spectrum, Radion and Atom’x team of trainees, flew around the corner just as Pol lifted the blue skinned android magnetically into the air. One of them, a young girl in green and gold, cheered as she saw Magnetic Kid, her fellow trainee, pull the arms and legs from the torso and wrap them magnetically around the villains body with a dramatic gesture.

Lamprey had got up from the ground and walked over to Radion and casually said, just loud enough for everyone present to hear, “I think Pol Krinn is a hero in his own right, wouldn’t you agree?”

As Rol floated down to join them, still keeping the defeated villain spinning gently in the air above them, the trainee in green and gold pulled him into a hug. “That was the last one in the town, Atom’x and the rest of the gang were chasing the rest of their motley crew while we waited for the SPs to take the ones we caught already away.”

Lamprey didn’t join in the celebrations, she was on the holofeed to the Spire.

“So where are the rest of the team, give me directions and distance.”

The image of Brainiac Five’s head nodded as it spoke, “Your team are about three klicks north north west of you. From the stats that we have received you will find them in a ravine battling three others. “ And with that he broke off their link.

The Science Police had arrived and Lamprey took charge; she would take Rol around and attack the villains from their rear while Radion took the Spectrum trainees and charged into the fight.

[ August 18, 2012, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Captain Marvel could knew there was something wrong when she flew into the mezzanine level on the Observatory. All of the hostages were still on the floor. No-one had tried to escape after the Emerald Empress been taken care of.

“Okay, get up and get out folks, the transmatter will be up and running now so look sharp!”

The hostages didn’t move but out the corner of her eye she could see something unusual. Turning quickly she caught sight of one of them apparanetly growing... she flew over to the young man in green and lifted him gently to his feet.

Before she could speak she knew by his body language that there was something usual happening, he didn’t seem afraid like the others, in fact he seemed happy.

“I’ve planted micro-explosives inside every one of your people Amazer and if you don’t give up now I’ll sacrifice the lot of them!”

“No, you won’t. I won’t let you, if need be I’ll stop you myself, you know that don’t you?” She spoke calmly, the note of resignation at the obvious violence tat would follow was a strange counterpoint to his calculated arrogance.
“My people have been slaves to your scum for long enough, it’s time you knew what is was like to face our retribution!” He snarled and in front of her eyes shrunk down to nothing.

“What in..?” She looked around but there was no sign of the young man.

“He does that,” A young woman was moving towards Captain Marvel, looking around as she spoke, “He said something about how his people were ignorant slaves for our scientists and he would make a name for himself as their liberator.”

“He’s an Imskian, but the only contact they’ve had with this level of reality is with Brainiac 5.” The Captain mused to herself. “Okay Imskian rebel, I know what you are now and I know what you want. You can come out of your sub atomic hiding place and I swear by the Rock of Eternity that I’ll do everything I can to help your people. You don’t need threats or violence now.”

“What do you know?” He grew so quickly in front of the young Amazer trainee that she recoiled. “Do you know what it’s like to be so tiny that...”

Captain Marvel reached over and swatted him aside, he flew across the room and landed unconscious against a wall. “Idiot. I’ll help his people alright but he’s going to jail.” She flew over and searched his body, if the threats were true he must have a control for the explosives. In a pouch on his belt she found what she was looking for.

Using the Amazer holofeed to the Spire she called for Brainiac 5.

“Brainiac 5, I’ve ran into an Imskian freedom fighter, he says he has planted micro explosives on all of the hostages. I found this on his belt, what do you advise?”
The holo of the Coluan Legionnaire’s head floated before her and was silent for a couple of seconds before he replied. “Ah, that’s where he went to, Salu has been looking for him everywhere. The explosives will be easy enough to remove, transmat the hostages to the Science Police headquarters on Central continent and I’ll forewarn them what to scan for. Keep him unconscious Captain, he will be difficult to contain if he wakes up again.”
“Is he telling the truth about the conditions his people are being kept in?” But even as she asked the holofeed was cut off.

“Well, that was telling. I’ll deal with that later, right now I need to find the Jazmin and her crew.”
The hostages were beginning to stand up and move around. Although they all looked scared none seemed physically hurt. Several approached Captain Marvel and a few checked on the unconscious Imskian, making sure he couldn’t do anything else to them.

A holo sprung up in the air in the middle of the space of the commander from Xanthu Science Police. “This is the Science Police. Please form an orderly queue and proceed to the in-station transmatter station on level 4”

One of the hostages pointed down a corridor where they had last seen the Amazer team led by Jazmin Cullens before the terrified woman hurried up to the transmatter and their escape from their ordeal.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Wildfire and Andromeda could be heard bickering before they reached the mezzanine floor. Captain Marvel called them over and they all flew down the corridor where their Amazer team mates were last seen.

Just around the corner they found the first of the trainees. A young woman with startling green eyes and an outlandish blue costume. The blood from her wounds where she had obviously been mauled by one of the werewolves was beginning to dry and her heart beat was so faint that even with her enhanced senses Captain Marvel had grave concerns. She called on the Spire AI and asked it to contact the Science Police Medic Team telling them to hurry.

“I’ll go on ahead...”

“Wildfire, wait, we don’t know what’s ahead.” Captain Marvel’s cool sensible tone stopped the Legionnaire from rushing headlong into who-knew-what.

Captain Marvel had the standard Amazer Medic kit in a pouch on her belt and quickly administered a gel to ease the pain and speed up the natural healing process. After putting the unconscious trainee in a recovery position Andromeda said in an ominous low tone, “Another reason I should have snapped those animals necks.”

They all accepted that they couldn’t do anything else for their comrade so sped down the corridor, all worrying that the next team mate they found wouldn’t be alive.

[ August 18, 2012, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

At the Amazer Spire Atmos had returned to the command deck and joined Brainiac 5 and Infectious Lass.

“Right Dox, where do you want me next?”

“Right here Atmos, do you really believe that the founder of the Assassin’s League would leave the Spire alone while randon psychopaths attacked Xanthu? No, we must be vigilant as I am certain we have not seen the last of them yet.”

“Umm... excuse me but is there anything you would like me to do?” Drura Sehpt’s nervous inquiry seemed to soften Brainiac 5’s demeanor.

“Of course, you can access, host and control to a certain extent, microbes and bacteria can’t you?”

“... yes?”

“Good, in my digestive tract there are Coluan bacteria that are some of the fiercest devourers of organic material in the universe. Only Coluans have ever adapted to be able to withstand their ferocious acidity. Are you able to summon some from me and host and grow them? I have a feeling we will be needing their unique properties soon.”
“Dox!” Atmos interrupted the Legionnaire, “What is going on?”

“Your Spire has been compromised and despite my reservations towards your team I’m trying to protect it Atmos, what did you think is going on?”

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Atom’x and the trainees were outmatched by the villains they faced. It hadn’t been apparent to start with as the villains had pretended to run away, but in fact they were luring the Amazers to an area that suited the villains abilities better.

One of the trainees had gotten too close the the giant from Big City and been swatted so hard she had smashed into the ground breaking a leg and several ribs. Another had been badly burned by the electricity another vilaain was casually throwing around. Atom’x and the last trainee were struggling to keep their ground against the third villain, a four armed woman with obvious magical skills that deflected and transformed their attacks.

Radion and the two trainees that had stayed behind in the Afar town to help search for other potential malcontents flew into the battle with a vigor that took the villains aback. Radion and the young girl who had hugged Rol, attacked the giant before he could attack their team mates. Radion directed burst after burst at the huge villain's face, distracting him, as the trainee, Chlorophyll Lass encouraged the plants around the giants feet to grow and constrict around his ankles. In seconds the giant was brought to his knees as he struggled to fight the Amazers on both sides. His enormous blows causing the ground to shake as he thrashed in anger.

The other trainee, Spyker, overcome by the excitement of the battle, extended his body grown thorns and projected them towards the electricity wielding villain. He didn’t feel a thing thankfully as the retuning blast of electricity killed him before he realised how hopelessly outmatched he was by his opponent.

[ August 18, 2012, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Captain Marvel, Andromeda and Wildfire had found all of the Amazer team alive apart from Typhoon who they were having trouble locating. Jazmin seemed the least damaged and was regaining her feet and even put her hands out to defend herself as the trio had turned the corridor towards her. She was startled, and obviously relieved, to see them.
The Science Police Medic Team wasn’t too far behind them now and they told her gently that the hostages were alright and the villains captured or had escaped.
Jazmin explained how they had chased after a werewolf but lost it in the maze of service corridors and the in-ship AI wasn’t responding to their Amazer override queries. Captain Marvel explained how the Observatory had been infiltrated by two twin werewolves who had taken over the identity of the Winathian captains so they had probably taken control of the AI. One by one the group had been picked off, either by the werewolves or by green flame that seemed to erupt out of nowhere. Though as her memories returned she said that one of her team had just collapsed with no warning, as if attacked by an invisible intruder, it was probably the Imskian terrorist Captain Marvel explained.

The last Jazmin had seen of Typhoon he had been standing over her fighting off the two lycanthropes.

Wildfire had threatened to blast every wall down until they found their comrade, but thankfully that wasn’t necessary as Andromeda had called up the Command Deck and asked them to scan the Observatory and re-run and security footage to find their missing comrade.

The holo that hazed into sight before them was not what they wanted to see. The prince from a family that could trace it’s history back to Old Earth’s dynasties had apparently turned a corner and flown straight into a great blast of emerald energy leaving no trace of his existence behind.

By this point the Science Police Medic had arrived and started to examine Jazmin. She stood upright, her head held high as he ran a blue light over her body, her tears never detracting from the determination on her face

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

more later, any feedback greatly appreciated.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

The transmatter station at the Ghandi Gorge was strategically placed at the bottom of a small dip in a small centre offering information on the amazing geological feature that the visitors were away to experience. Normally visitors would have to climb the incline to appreciate the view.

Dream Girl, James Cullen the Kid Quantum, Red Tyger and Atom Girl were faced with a devastated building, boulders the size of vehicles strewn around and a couple of terrified locals who seemed angry as much as shocked by what had happened to their normally sleepy little outpost overlooking this natural wonder on a usually overlooked continent.

Nura Nal took the lead, pointing where she wanted Atom Girl and the Amazer trainee, Red Tyger to go and explaining to them that they would face a couple of villains who they could easily take down and once they were dealt with to look for survivors amongst the rubble. Atom Girl looked haughty and rebelious as she was given her orders but flew off in the direction pointed without a word afterwards.

“James, you must promise me something, no matter what happens you must stick to dealing with your own problems okay sweetheart? Don’t get distracted or we will not have a happy outcome here.”

“Of course I will Nura, what are you trying to say?” Jame’s discomfort at having his professionalism questioned put him on the defensive. If he was honest with himself he found Nura Nal’s self confidence and highly trained precognition made him uncomfortable. She showed none of the humility that made Rol so attractive.

“James, when Querl rebuilt my body using the Life Eradicators technology he increased... well he boosted my neurological processing capacity so now my mind is literally caught between here and what’s to come. I know you are very very capable, I’m not doubting that sweetheart but you must be careful and not let anything you think you see happening distract you, okay? Leave Elysion to me, you have to deal with the man with the hand.”

“You precogs can be so annoying, you know that?”

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Encyclopedia Galactica, 3012 Tourists Edition – Ghandi Gorge on Planet Xanthu.

Estimated to be formed over the last 23 million years by erosion from the River Ghandi through the Camfrom and Delilah regions on Xanthu’s East Continent, this canyon is almost 400 klicks long, 2 klicks deep and up to 4 klicks across. It is known for its overwhelming size, intricate coloration and unique ecosystems.

Tourists are welcomed at the only transmatter station on the far northern rim where views to the distant Exelsus mountains have been recorded. The upper Camfron Zone has one of the last remaining native forests of Xanthu. These indigenous species were mistaken for natural crystalline structures be early explorers were incredibly sensitive to the electrto-magnetic fields that their transport and communication devices using. It is estimated that over 95% were wiped out within a decade of Xanthu’s settlement. Due the the sensitivity of these unique beings the rescue services are limited to using petro-chemically fueled vehicles so all tourists must sign a life waiver before being allowed to use the many trails and tacks that zig-zag through this amazing geological structure.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Red Tyger assumed her alter-form and bounded down the gorges steep sides with total confidence. Her heightened senses alerted to the two women before either had realised she was there. One of the women appeared to be on fire, her hair forming a fiery corona around her heart shaped face. The other wore a green costume with a web motif and had long red hair that appeared to move independently.

Red Tyger was wary of fire, her species did not need heat as much as the Terrans so had never needed to tame it. They had culturally avoided it and in their past had even seen it as the presence of an evil spirit. Well, she thought, my ancestors were right, there was definitely an evil spirit here today.

The air stunk of burning and ashes and Red Tyger took a few seconds to return to her more humanoid form. Activating the comms channel via her Amazer buckle she whispered “Atom Girl, I have eyes on two of the villains. Mark my co-ordinates. I’m going in.”

While both villains stood and discussed the carnage they had caused here in this most beautiful of places Red Tyger snuck up towards them. She was within 10 mets of them when she leapt, her alter-forms great strength and speed hurtling her towards the green clad villain with the amazing red hair.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Spider Girl heard the attacking Amazer trainee too late and had only just started to turn when the alien saber toothed feline form of Red Tyger smashed her into her fiery comrade. Both fell in a heap, spider letting out a yelp of pain as her hair smouldered and took light. Blaze pushed her companion away and got onto one knee and turned to face their attacker. Red Tyger had landed 15 mets away and was bounding towards the two villains with a great roar. Blaze blasted a great bolt of plasma in the direction of her attacker and started to stand up.

Red Tyger had anticipated Blaze’s reaction and leapt into the air to avoid the energy discharge, the fur on her hind legs and belly caught some of the heat and she could feel it start to singe though. Red Tyger landed virtually on top of Spider Girl, knocking the already struggling villains back onto the ground, her hair snaking around the Amazer trainee trying to crush the air out of her. Red Tyger swatted at Spider Girl’s head with one massive paw and knocked her unconscious. Her hair still entangled Red Tyger and she struggled to get out of this trap,

“I quite liked Sussa but I’m here for myself ultimately. If you try to attack me again you’ll regret it kitty kitty. Actually you’ll regret it anyway as I’m going to be one of Dark Man’s Assassins whatever you do. “

Blaze strode up to the struggling trainee with a delighted smile on her face. This woman had no concerns that she may kill her comrade in the process, she wanted something and it really didn’t matter to her who got in her way. With Red Tyger’s heightened senses she was acutely aware of the infra red portion of the spectrum so her sight was full of the glow of the incredible rise in temperature. Quickly she transformed back to her humanoid form, Spider Girl’s hair fell off her, and she rolled aside as fast as she could.

Even as Red Tyger took evasive action Atom Girl arrived and coming up behind the fiery villain she took a blaster from her holster on her left hip and casually changed the setting. Just as Blaze was away to release a tremendous burst of heat towards Red Tyger Atom Girl strode up to her and pointed her gun at the villains right templer.

“Do that and I’ll fry your synapses so badly you’ll need someone to wipe your ass from here on.”

Blaze turned to her new opponent in anger, taking her eyes off Red Tyger, which gave the trainee the perfect excuse to try out the martial arts kick she had been shown just that morning in her teams first meeting. In her humanoid form she was several times stronger than the average human so her blow knocked her fiery opponent into a cliff face.

“bitch, I hate fire!” Red Tyger regretted the words as son as she said them, Amazers were not supposed to show such emotions. Atom Girl only laughed.

“I think she got the point. Now let’s anaesthi-cuff these two and see if there’s anyone trapped under these fallen boulders.”

[ August 19, 2012, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Harbinger, I find it really awesome how you can juggle so many characters and still give each of them a chance to shine AND give them their individual voices. It looks like you're setting Infectious Lass up to save the day later; and Red Tyger is a dark horse.

I'm also especially liking Captain Marvel, but all of your characters are great.

Finally, I love how your writing style manages to get a lot said without rambling on and on and on! Very efficient!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.