Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion of Super-Heroes versus Team Fortuna

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes versus Team Fortuna
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This story is a collaboration between me and Red Arrow. It will also be available for reading and commenting at fanfiction.net

CHAPTER ONE

Phantom Girl’s soft voice trembled as she related her tragic tale to the Legionnaires assembled at the Mission Monitor Board, three of whom – Mon-El, Shrinking Violet, and Chameleon Boy – lay dead on operating tables.

“There were four of them,” she said, “a craggy mutant behemoth who looked vaguely Czarnian, a teenage boy with a massive deformed skull, a Tharrian with the same powers as Polar Boy, and a dark-haired woman who was beautiful but had the scariest eyes you could ever imagine.

“She seemed to be the leader, and the most powerful. She...she took down Mon-El with a single cosmic blast from her eyes!

“Then the teenager used telepathy to...completely discombobulate Chameleon Boy’s mind and make him lose control over his transformations until his brain shut down. It was horrible! Poor Reep.”

Phantom Girl choked back her tears, and continued.

“Vi was taunted by the mutant into fighting him, when my powers would have been much more effective against him. But Vi could be so reckless sometimes...and...and...she fell to the mutant’s killing blow!”

Phantom Girl took a deep breath before concluding.

“The Tharrian tried to trap me in a block of solid ice, but luckily for me, he laid it on too thick and the block was too big and too opaque for them to notice that I had phased through it and escaped to safety and then made my way back here.”

Her story now told, Phantom Girl put her head in her hands and began sobbing uncontrollably. Saturn Girl put a comforting hand on her shoulder and gently eased her anguish with her telepathy.

Legion leader Polar Boy was rarely at a loss for words, but anyone would have been silenced by such a tale. Mon-El and Vi’s lovers, Shadow Lass and Lightning Lass, were stoic while Cham’s best friend, Colossal Boy, had turned his head to hide his tears. The rest of the Legion was similarly quiet, until it fell to Brainiac 5 to break the silence.

“Based on Phantom Girl’s description,” said Brainiac 5, “it sounds like confirmation of my theory that Forza Quattro are not an urban legend after all.”

“What in the galaxy is Forza Quattro?” queried Polar Boy, the youngest and least worldly Legionnaire despite his status.

“A vicious band of space vigilantes,” replied Brainy, “who work outside the law and make up their own rules. The few to have survived
an encounter with them tell tales almost identical to Phantom Girl’s.”

Brainy sighed, then abruptly went off on a bizarre tangent. “Say, Polar Boy, who do you favor to win the Venus-Jupiter game tonight?”

“Huh?” said a startled Polar Boy, before regaining his composure. “Oh, uh...Jupiter for sure.”

“No,” said Brainy, “it’s Venus all the way. Wanna bet?”

“Yeah...sure,” answered Polar Boy, “I’ll see you in my office later.”

What none of the other Legionnaires knew was that Brainy and Polar Boy had been speaking in a code known only between the two of them. Roughly deciphered, it meant that Brainy’s brilliant mind suspected that there was more to this situation than met the eye, and this mandated a private conference.

TO BE CONTINUED

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
CHAPTER TWO

Terlena Yresi’s beautiful eyes began to glow a devilish red as her
impeccably maintained brows knitted themselves into a frown.

“Well, Botan?” she demanded. “What do you have to report?”

“Calm yourself, darling,” replied the teenage boy with the hairless,
misshapen skull, “I’ll have something to report in just a...ah, here
we go. Yes, that is indeed a Legion cruiser making its way towards
this seemingly abandoned space platform, and among the Legionnaires on
board is our main quarry, Brainiac 5.”

Terlena’s exquisite lips formed a wicked smile. “Excellent.” she said.

The third member of their party, the towering and hideously ugly Lupo,
merely cracked his knuckles and made a guttural growl, sounding like a
wild animal closing in on its prey.

EARLIER THAT DAY...

Saturn Girl and Phantom Girl watched as a formidable team of
Legionnaires – Brainiac 5, Ultra Boy, Tellus, Quislet, Sun Boy, and
Shadow Lass – boarded the first available Legion cruiser. Dawnstar
would be leading the ship to its destination, with Wildfire at her
side for backup.

“I should be going with them,” sniffled Phantom Girl to Saturn Girl,
“really, Imra, I’m fine.”

“You need to recuperate.” was Saturn Girl’s firm reply.

As the ship launched, Phantom Girl flinched when she saw Sensor Girl
approaching. This did not escape Saturn Girl’s attention.

“You have been through so much, Phantom Girl,” said Sensor Girl
serenely, “and I want you to know I am here to help you in any way
that I can.”

“Th-thanks.” stammered Phantom Girl.

“I offer you the hand of sisterly solidarity.” said Sensor Girl,
extending her hand.

Phantom Girl awkwardly put her hand in Sensor Girl’s hand...

...and then, without warning, Sensor Girl brutally twisted Phantom
Girl’s arm behind her back and put her in a headlock.

“Brainy was right!” snarled Sensor Girl, “She’s an imposter!”

“I have to say, your powers of illusion are impressive.” declared
Saturn Girl with her hands on her hips. “You were even able to block
my telepathy. If Sensor Girl hadn’t returned from off-world today,
you might have been able to accomplish whatever your evil plan is.”

“Now,” hissed Sensor Girl, “reveal to us your true self.”

Sensor Girl and Saturn Girl were expecting the imposter to have some
kind of monstrous appearance. They were surprised when she turned out
to be a 14-year-old girl of average appearance except for her hair,
which was dyed magenta.

“You can’t stop us!” sneered the impostor defiantly.

Outside the Legion headquarters, an unremarkable-looking 15-year-old boy
and his pet Protean were having no trouble blending into the crowd.
Little did the citizenry know that the two were allied with the
imposter within the Legion’s sanctum, and through the communication
device in the imposter’s contact lenses, he was witnessing their plan
going askew.

He dialed a special number on his cellphone and promptly heard a wary
male voice inquire, “Yes?”

“Eva’s been compromised!” said the boy. “What do I do now?”

“Abort.” came the stoic reply.

“N-no! I can’t leave her! They’ll send her to prison!”

“Domingo, you moron, do as I say!”

Domingo impulsively cut off the conversation and gave the Protean the
signal. As Domingo ran towards Legion headquarters and unconcealed
his blaster, the Protean shape-shifted into a monstrous
canine-lizard-ish Dekai and followed Domingo.

The deadly duo used aggression and agility to overcome the SP guards
outside and the automated self-defense systems at the entrance. But
they could not prevent the intruder alarm from sounding off.

The alarm caught Saturn Girl and Sensor Girl by surprise. This was
all the opportunity Eva needed to knock both of the Legionnaires
unconscious with some spectacular martial arts moves and dash away.
It now looked like the evildoers’ mysterious plan against the Legion might be a success after all.

TO BE CONTINUED

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Tales of Forza Quattro: Heart-Shaped Riceballs

Botan didn't like coming home to visit his family. No matter what he did his parents would never appreciate him the way
they did his brother. The moon colony of Kanto was a contradiction of nostalgia and the latest and greatest. You could get
a traditional tea ceremony or the latest robot technology...for a price. Everything in this city and this life has a price, Botan mused.

His thoughts were interrupted by his companion, who had carelessly knocked down a display of cell phones. The vendor started swearing in broken Japanese. Before Lupo could respond, Botan said "We don't have time for this". He waved his hand and erased the vendor's memory. The two carried on the path but Botan could not pay attention. There was telepathic static...as if an old friend had brushed by them as they walked.

Botan's thoughts were answered when an average size girl with green hair ran up and hugged him. Oh no, not her! He did not need telepathy to tell this was Yuuko. He whispered, "Breaking social conventions as always?" She smiled back at him, "Of course! That is what I live for."

She asked, "And who is your friend?" Botan replied, "This is Lupo. He doesn't say much."

Yuuko asked them if they had anywhere to go. Botan replied that they were heading south to where his family lived. Yuuko was shocked, "You of all people should know there is only two trains a day there! The last one left two hours ago." Botan whispered, "Your sister is a telekinetic, she could fly us there." Yuuko got angry, "And I am an empath! Come to my house and be happy."

Botan wasn't in the mood to argue, and they hadn't eaten in a while. He accepted the offer and they embarked to Yuuko's house. They were greeted by Yuuko's sister, Kasumi. She bowed low, and used telekinesis to help remove the clothes and shoes. Kasumi said, "Father is working at the laboratory." Yuuko sighed, "Tell Sakura to save some rice balls for father."

Lupo had little regard for politeness. He followed the scent of food into the kitchen, where a woman was cooking food. A pot of fishcake soup simmered on the stove. Lupo reached for the pot but the woman grabbed it and placed something in his hand. It was a heart-shaped riceball. The woman then turned off the stove and began pouring the soup into individual bowls. She pointed to a tray of teriyaki and motioned for Lupo to follow her. Lupo was intrigued by Sakura and followed her into the dining room.

Yuuko and Kasumi smiled politely as Sakura entered the room. Botan was a little surprised by Lupo's actions, but was more surprised when he discovered Sakura's mind was unreadable. He telepathically messaged Yuuko, Is your eldest sister a telepath? Yuuko replied, No. She became mute by watching our mother gunned to death by Team Fortuna. That is what led Father to began research in telepathy. For some reason instead of becoming softer, both her mind and body became harder. Sakura can also turn her body into steel.

Sakura, as the eldest sister, began pouring the tea. The scent of green tea made Lupo even more calm. As Botan and the two sisters were endlessly chatting, these two simply smiled at eachother. Once the teriyaki was gone and the soup pot empty, Sakura got up and began clearing the table. Kasumi said, "I will help you."

Botan did not need telepathy to understand what that meant. He thanked Yuuko for the hospitality, to which she replied, "Our house is always open to our Father's patients. And your friend has been a comfort to poor Sakura." Botan felt himself blush, then remembered Lupo was still sitting at the table watching the sisters watch dishes. He telepathically said, Come.

As Botan grabbed the door, only to be blocked by Sakura's hand. With the other hand she held out heart-shaped riceballs for Lupo. The muscleman took the riceballs and smiled back at her. The two adventurers then left the warm house and entered the cold night.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Planet of Regret- A Tale Thrice-told

Team Fortuna was known for it's raids and explorations for new members. Some produce marvelous results, others are mediocrities. Scout Vasco was charged with the task of exploring this world. The initial scans shown grids, abandoned vehicles, and other signs of civilization. It was clear there were once humanoids on this planet.

But whatever was once there had faded, for the towers that decked the skies only had owls and spiders. Scout Vasco felt this is what his native Panama must of looked like centuries ago. Nothing shocked him until he saw a strange purple creature walk through a hole in the abandoned sidewalk.

It was about six inches long and three inches high. It looked like the cross between a slug and a sea jellie. There was a transparent glow around it, and it's color was a dull grey. Vasco poked the creature, only to be bitten by a sharp circle of teeth. The scout passed out from the pain and fluid secreted by the creature.

When Vasco awoke, it was already nightfall. The moon was shining bright yellow. He decided to head to a hill to sleep for the night. Vasco began to walk up the hill when he noticed the creatures glowing purple with yellow spots. He was unsure what to do when an owl swooped in front of him. It's eyes were a dark green.

The owl appeared to want him to follow him. Vasco did so, only to find the remnants of a colosseum. His flashlight revealed graffiti left three hundred years ago. The owl seemed surprised and picked at the writing, until it was startled by a mouse. This mouse also had green glowing eyes. Vasco knew something was wrong when the owl did not attack the mouse.

He used this opportunity to try to leave. He walked slowly up the bleachers when his foot hit a loose plank. He fell below the stadium, into what was once a parking lot. Vasco turned on his flashlight to see murals. One appeared to be a power plant, the other appeared to be a spaceship. He made out graffit on the mural of a spaceship. There were four lines of text:
Saviors
Devils
Fools

Before Vasco could decipher the meaning, a light green light appeared. It came up to Vasco. He said, "Are you intelligant?"

It bounced up and down, as if to say yes. Vasco asked, "Do you know the way out?" The light green entity flew past Vasco. The young man shouted, "Wait!" The light green entity stopped and waited for Vasco to catch up. He was led in a dark tunnel, with only the light of the entity to lead him.

The entity's light revealed small bats lurking on dilapidated pipes, and rocky lizards darted to and from on the floor. Crunch Vasco looked down to see he had stepped on a mushroom...no an insect...no both. The mushrooms were growing on the insects' back, and would have eventually kill it. I think I was merciful to kill it.

Vasco then noticed they were climbing. He said to the entity, "Yes! You are leading us out. What are you, anyways?" The green entity darted to the left wall, to reveal even more graffiti
We are the survivors, we are the people now Vasco mused, "But you don't have a body. You aren't from this planet, are you?"

The entity sparked and appeared to be angry. It raced up a staircase, and Vasco struggled to keep up. The concrete steps were ancient and the railings were covered with cobwebs. When they reached the top, the entity pushed two buttons and opened a door. The room glowed green. Vasco walked inside to see horror.

There were skeletons lining the walls, of various species and states of decomposition. In the middle of the room were boxes full of batteries and light bulbs. On the ceiling fans rested more of the light green entities.

Vasco turned to leave, only to hear the door slam shut behind him. He shouted, "You will not keep me here!" Vasco took his tasser out and began firing at the entities. They only glowed brighter, and began to swarm around him. The entities gave out sparks that felt like a thousand needles were piercing him.

Once the pain subsided, he reached for the moldy blinds hiding a window. One more step and... He felt a sharp pain in the back of his neck and he struggled to stay standing.

"This host will work well for our purposes," Vascos' voice said without his command.

The last sound heard on Vasco's communication device was a thud as it was tossed to the other green entities.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Secret Files of Team Fortuna
Name: Gabriel
Home Planet: Cargg
Powers: Able to split into three beings
Birthday: January 24th; Virgo
Blood Type: O
Hair Color: Brown

Information: He holds degrees in physics and mathematics. His primary concern is the non-organic properties of the laboratory. Gabriel can spend all day in the lab, but hates writing reports. It is rumored he left Cragg due to accusations of plagiarism.

Name: Lance
Home Planet: Winath
Powers: Ability to understand any language
Birthday: November 14th; Scorpio
Blood Type: B
Hair Color: Blond

Information: He has degrees in biology and genetics. Lance was recruited by the Augustus to be in charge of organic research in their lab. While Gabriel hates filing lab reports, Lance takes a lot of time to ensure the records are detailed.

Name: Beryl
Home Planet: Unknown
Powers: Ability to turn into mist
Birthday: February 12th, Cancer
Blood Type: AB
Hair Color: Orange

Information: A graduate student whose college is being paid for in exchange for service. A serious woman who is devoted to her work, though she would rather be researching robotics.

Name: Slate
Home Planet: Kanto Moon Colony
Powers: Immunity to telepathy, super-strength able to manipulate organic plant matter
Birthday: Unknown
Blood Type: Unknown
Hair Color: Green

Information: Has an extreme dislike of technology, dispite being a scientist. Often buts heads with superiors over ethics violations. He's said to prefer animals to people.

Name: Numa
Home Planet: Khund
Powers: Turn people to glass with a touch
Birthday: December 12th, Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Blood Type: A
Hair Color: Red

Information: The son of a Khundian scientist who defected to the United Planets.

Name: Asura
Home Planet: Preztor
Powers: Mimic powers of current combatant
Birthday: July 7th, Zodiac Sign: Leo
Blood Type: B (if appliable)
Hair Color: Blue

Information: The man claims to be a product of genetic engineering, involving Gil'Dishpan. There is no doubt he is ruthless. His goal is to go back to Pretzor and avenge his mother's death.

[ January 11, 2011, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Red Arrow ]

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Business Ethics

The Augustus smiled warmly as the media tycoon entered his office. Team Fortuna agreed to pay the company a fortune to keep them out of the headlines. In exchange, their reporters would be freed from kidnappings and other business transactions. For his part, Vlad was pleased to have the cooperation of a powerful man, and also expected a small gift in return.

Vlad was about to make a speech when a man walked into the room. He was wearing a white coat and gloves, and did not pay any attention to the activity.

The Augustus sighed, "What is it now, Slate?"

"We have the specimens you requested, sire. Including a few rare ones!" Slate said.

The Augustus said, "Of course, we will take care of it right away."

Vlad was taken aback, "I am surprised at you. You usually force me to eat lunch before getting down to important matters."

"In this case, it wouldn't be ethical." The Augustus gestured for Vlad to stand and follow. The two men followed the scientist into an elevator. They got off onto the pristine third floor. The halls glistened from the light coming down from a glass dome.

They were about to enter a room, when a loud scream pierced the halls.

"Tell me, is it typical to hear this?" Vlad asked.

"It is typical for a man to have enemies. Unlike most other businessman, I am free to deal with them as I want." The Augustus replied. Vlad thought Some business ethics.

Slate opened three locks to reveal a small nursery. He said, "Take your pick."

Vlad shook his head, "I know you mean well, but you cannot replace a baby the way you would a dog."

Slate replied, "Do not think of it as a replacement, think of it as an improvement! Look at this one over here...Colun."

Vlad was horrified. He said, "How dare you insult me! Do you think I am an animal."

The Augustus said, "You would be more of an animal not to take one of these babies. They are entrusted to our most loyal supporters."

Vlad thought. This is absurd, but I would rather have one of these children raised respectively than as a narcobourgeois. He said, "Olga has wanted a son for five years. I will adopt the Colun."

Slate smiled, as he picked up the infant and handed it to Vlad. "The wristband has settings to create holographic images to hide his skin color. When he gets older, send it back here for upgrades."

Vlad picked up his child and began to leave the room. The Augustus said, "Aren't you going to thank me?"

"Thank you for my heir. Don't be surprised if you someday are bowing to him as king," Vlad said as he exited the room.

Slate said, "That sounds like a threat."

The Augustus smiled, "Do not worry, we will all be dead by then."

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Whispers of Evil

The overseer felt the sunlight hitting his brow. It was dawn and the slaves were already toiling in the mines. The overseer didn't like waking up this early, but he heard in a few years things would change.

A new arrival was slowing down the chain. The overseer pointed for the grunts to bring him. The young man was plain except for a small eagle shaped necklace he wore.

The overseer smiled, "I will overlook this infraction this time..." He grabbed the necklace off the boy's neck. It could probably sell well in the market during lunch.

The young man said, "They will come for me! You cannot escape Team Fortuna!"

The overseer laughed, "Save your breath for the mines! Take him away from me."
~~~~
At the Kanto Moon Base, Alaric was monitoring the tracking devices. It was a mundane task because most days everyone did exactly what they were supposed to. Alaric was watching the Tigers* play baseball during this task.

While the other team was at bat, he glanced at the tracking device monitor. He noticed a dot on a notorius slave planet. He wondered if it was merchandise heading their way. Alaric checked the files to discover one of their small supply ships was intercepted. He reported this to Marcus.

Marcus replied, "My father and I trust you to handle this yourself. You have a way of converting any situation to your favor."

Alaric said, "Thank you, sir." He decided to only take two lower ranking members with him. This would be a quick raid, nothing more, nothing less. Their plane landed in a desert adjacent to the mine.

Alaric got out of the ship. The other members wanted to follow him, but he told them to wait for orders. Alaric calmly walked into the mines and directly to the overseer with the tracking device.

He asked, "Where is the prisoner?"

"If you wish to make a purchase, you must talk to the mine owner," The overseer stated cooly.

"I know this planet's leader owns directly or indirectly all the mines. In fact, I know he is aware of my prescence. And if he is monitoring the situation, he should know I have adapted his psychic abilities," Alaric stated.

Alaric then used telekinesis to lift the tracking device from the man's neck, strangling him in the process. One of the grunt's fired an anti-matter weapon at Alaric.

Alaric smiled, "Thank you for making me stronger." His type became darker, and he felt energy pulsing through his body. He used this newfound power to incinerate all the grunts.

The slaves broke free. Alaric asked, "Who owned this eagle necklace?"

The prisoner said, "I did! See, they did come to rescue me!"

The other slaves ask, "Can we join you?"

Alaric smiled, "I am sorry, but I only have room in my ship for one other person. And the Augustus doesn't want us to take over this planet just yet. However, I think destroying some property could stop your pirates from causing future problems."

Alaric used his anti-matter powers to cause mine cave ins. He motioned for the freed prisoner to gather some already mined materials. The rest of the slaves joined the prisoner and carried them to the ship.

Alaric told the grunts, "Kill them all." The freed prisoner wanted to protest, but held his tongue in fear. He knew that Alaric would become a powerful member of Team Fortuna, and being his enemy would be a grave mistake.

*= Alaric is a fan of the 31st century version of the Hanshin Tigers.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Ichiro Tomogota

Alaric walked off the rail-line onto the streets of Kansei. It was early evening and all the salaryman were heading towndown for some fun and excitement. Those in Edo* mock Kansei, but Alaric knew he lived in a city. It was in this city he was born.

"You are reborn. You shall bring the Legion down to it's knees, therefore I call you Alaric!" The scientist said as he woke from coma. The memory was as fresh as the morning dew.

Those words may be true to every place but this. He walked into a familar place and was greeted "Tomogota-san" by everyone. Alaric placed an order of octopus dumplings and a drink.

He heard a voice say, "Ichiro."

Alaric looked up, but could see nobody. The waiter brought him the drink. More patrons were filing in the restaurant. The Tigers game logo flashed on the screen. He stirred his drink with a straw when in his mind, "Ichiro, come."

He looked around, but only a table full of salarymen was close to him. Everyone else was close to the screen, listening to the Giants line-up. Ichiro decided to walk out of the restaurant. This is a test to see if I am crazy Ichiro thought.

He walked through the crowd, and nobody noticed him. His attempt at psychic shielding worked. But why didn't he just gain immunity to it? Unless...this wasn't about him. He thought, Barsine, where are you?

He walked two steps out of the restaurant before bumping into her. She was wearing a green dress. She was perfectly normal except for a scarf around her mouth. The girl said, "Hello. I am tracking a telepath. Do you know anyone named Botan?"

"Barsine, must I always do your work for you? I do not want to talk about Botan Ida. He is a gnat, one of four gnats who do not understand anything," Alaric rebuked her.

"What if I told you there are Tigers tickets involved?" Barsine smiled.

"What if you told me why my powers aren't blocking your telepathy?" Alaric asked.

"There are multiple telepaths working on this project, and your mind is interpreting that as different powers. We have tons of different levels and variations at work so Botan doesn't block our telepathy," She explained.

"Alright. I will go to the game...which starts in five minutes!" He said.
~~~~

In the speed of manga, Alaric raced his way to the stadium. The seats were decent but the psychic type he adopted allowed him to tune everyone out. It was as though he had a private stadium to himself, except of course for the little voices. Those of Team Fortuna's telepaths in their attempts to find Botan Ida.

"Move the pawn," One of them said.

I am no pawn. Alaric thought. Then he realized they could hear him. They were awefully close. In fact he could pick them out in the stands. They were planning on Alaric going after Botan, who would easily destroy him with all this interference. Alaric only adjusts to the type and gains the power of the last power he is exposed to. For example, fire powers will harm him when he is using ice powers. But after one fire attack, another attack must be used.

Alaric sent a message to Botan Ida, They are watching you.

And what do you propose I do? Mindwipe all of them in broad daylight? Botan thought back.
The two had a conversation, that ended with Botan agreeing to shield himself for five minutes.

Botan moved to the food stands, where the stone would make telepathy weaker. The fools bit the lie and followed him to a dark corner of the stadium. A few fans stood near a screen, waiting for orders of hot dogs and Japanese fast food.

"Botan, any last words?" Barsine asked.

The boy shook his head. He silently reached the weapon he snuck into the stadium. It was a glowing jewel, stolen on some mission. A reward from the Augustus for good service. The boy pointed the jewel at the first telepath, who screamed in agony. But then the boy dropped the gem.

Another telepath took the gem and pointed it at the boy. He smiled and said, "Welcome to your funeral." After those two words, a shoot of pain brought the telepath to his knees.

"Are you a demon?" The young telepath asked.

"Maybe to you I am Naraku," The boy said. He then ripped the boy in pieces. The blood from the deaths looked black in the pale light. One of the individuals had silver blood, creating a morbid painting on the floor.

At this point, Botan stopped shielding. "Enough. We have company."

A small crowd gathered around. Botan said, "I must mind-wipe these individuals."

"They were only Team Fortuna soldiers. There will be more to take their place, "Alaric said.

"And who are you? Are you a god of death?" Botan argued.

"As much as you are a god of justice. I end lives, you ruin them until they end." Alaric asserted. Botan did not answer, as he was busy doing just that. Alaric closed his eyes and made his way back to that restaurant he started from.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

CHAPTER THREE

At the Mission Monitor Board, the five presently remaining Legionnaires watched Eva, and Domingo, and their monstrous Protean in canine-lizard form, on a split-screen.

Polar Boy issued his commands. “I suspect the girl’s heading for the Power Source; Colossal Boy, Dream Girl, stop her from reaching it. Blok, Timber Wolf, Lightning Lass and I will head to the lower levels and capture the boy and the Protean. Let’s roll!”

Shortly, Eva’s athletically fast running was bringing her closer to her destination, until she turned a corner and found Colossal Boy grown to titanic size, effectively sealing off the corridor. “End of the road, twinkle-toes.” he said to her.

“We’ll see about that.” she sneered. She charged at him as fast as she could, and then she did an astonishing gymnastic flip and impacted feet-first with Colossal Boy’s giant solar plexus. Colossal Boy groaned as he faded out of consciousness and slumped over, giving Eva a space to escape through and continue on her way.

Far down below, Lighting Lass and Polar Boy fired, respectively, electric bolts and streams of ice at Domingo and the Protean. The agile intruders were able to dodge the fire and circumvent the heroes, but Polar Boy took another shot at the Protean from behind, and successfully froze the Protean’s legs.

Domingo stopped on a dime, changed the setting on his weapon to its highest heat-emission setting, and melted the ice around his Protean’s legs. But this gave Lightning Lass an advantage, and she fired directly at the puddle of water the Protean was now standing in. The Protean was stunned unconscious by the electric shock.

“Bad dog.” quipped Lightning Lass, “Stay.”

Domingo once again changed the setting on his weapon, this time to particle beam, and Lightning Lass and Polar Boy instinctively hit the deck as the deadly beams sailed above them, giving Domingo a chance to escape them...

...only for the intruder to be ambushed by Timber Wolf and Blok. Timber Wolf took the point, yet even his super-strength and considerable martial arts training proved futile against Domingo’s liquid-smooth fighting moves. Imagine Domingo’s surprise, then, when Blok duplicated the intruder’s moves with an agility belying his bulk, and Domingo was knocked out cold.

“I’m...urgh...impressed, pebble-head.” remarked Timber Wolf to Blok, even though his injuries made it difficult to talk.

“I recognized his fighting style from...observations made during my questionable past.” replied Blok calmly.

While Blok took Timber Wolf to sickbay, Polar Boy and Lightning Lass raced upstairs to the headquarters’ Power Source. To their relief, they found Dream Girl standing over an unconscious Eva.

“I got here just as she had started sabotaging the Power Source,” related Dream Girl, “and when I blocked her swipe, she broke one of my nails. THAT was when I stopped holding back.”

Later, much later, the Legionnaires were exhausted from their unsuccessful attempts at interrogating Eva and Domingo. Even Saturn Girl’s telepathy encountered barriers that couldn’t be penetrated. In desperation, they had contacted Shvaughn Erin, their Science Police liaison, and asked her to look at their records.

“Sorry, folks,” said Shvaughn, “those two’s records are classified, and sealed off tighter than my uniform. If I try to hack my way through, it could cost me my job.”

“Thanks for trying, anyway.” moaned Polar Boy warily. “Well, I guess all we can do is send them off to Labyrinth and hope that Brainy’s team is having better luck than us.”

At that very moment, Brainiac 5's team had entered the space station, only to find Terlena, Botan, and Lupo inside waiting for them.

“Forza Quattro, I presume,” said an unfazed Brainiac 5, “or at least three-fourths of it.”

“Yes,” hissed Terlena, “and no force in the universe can stop us now.”

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.