Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy) (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy)
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Submission 36: TASMIA MALLOR / Shadow Lass / Shadow Woman / Umbra

-

First Row: Silver Age / 70s (x3) / 80s (x3) / Retroboot / TMK / Shadow Woman
Second Row: Postboot (x3) / Threeboot (x2) / Superman Toon / JLU Toon / Superboy's Legion

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
[Proty]

I would like to see her try-out costume, her Origin story, on Talok growing up outfit(s), both in the reboot and her nun/mourning robes in TMK, though, if you ever get the time and inclination.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
That 80's bodysuit/skullcap combo is my absolute favourite Shady costume ever...so simple, but really elegant. [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
She has some awesome looks!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Submission 37: JAZMIN CULLEN / Kid Quantum II

-

First Row: Kid / James' Death / Amazer (x2) / Legion (x3) / Shopping Outfit / Swimsuit
Second Row: Blighted / UP Jacket (x2) / DnA Legion (x2) / Legion Jacket / Jumpsuit / PJs / Tromium

Future
The Present is Past

Submission 38: I.Z.O.R. / Gear

-

Looks: Slave / Casual / Legion / Transuit / Maintenance

Future
The Present is Past

Shady really did have some great looks, especially considering the limited color palette she works with. I loved the leather and noir look of the Threeboot as well as her 80s bodysuits. Superboy's Legion Shady also had a great visual.

Here's a few more Postboot Legionnaires: Jazmin and Gear. Kid Quantum II is one of my favorite Legionnaires, waned only by her overexposure near the end of DnA's run. Gear was a great concept that never got time to shine. I loved him in Giffen's fill-in issue of The Legion.

Coming one day (probably not soon) ... Chemical King, Thunder, and Timber Wolf.

Future
The Present is Past

Submission 39: Condo Arlik / Chemical King

-

Top Row: Secret Origins (x3) / Legion Academy / Silver Age (x2) / Space Suit / 70s / Statue
Bottom Row: Postboot (x3) / Kingdom Come / Legion Toon / Superboy's Legion

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I wasn't expecting much in way of variety for Condo.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Neither was I, wow, he had alot [Big Grin]

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
loved and still love Chemical King...I think his costume is one of the best Legion ever...green and black - so simple. I remember seeing him wearing a "C" on his belt before...but I cannot recall which issue of SLSH he did have a C belt. so you did a awesome job on Condo! I sure miss him! I was hoping that there is a way that he could be brought back alive...but nah..because we have Chemical Kid now in Legion! *grumble*
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

As near as I could tell, the 'C' belt was only from the cover of his death issue in S&LSH. That didn't surprise me too much. Going through Condo's appearances, I realized his costume changed literally every artist - sometimes mid-issue. The basics were always the same, but the boot shape, cuffs, belt, and collar would always mutate and the color scheme occasionally shifted.

Instead of doing all the little variations, I just did the most common variation I saw - him going between brown V boots and black standard boots. Of course, the color scheme flipped a lot on both, but it gets the point across I hope.

With that in mind, his Postboot appearances are very amusing. He only made a few small cameos and visits, but when he did he was always wearing the same outfit - just colored differently. His skin color would darken a little as well, usually from page to page. I thought it was just color goofs, which surprised me from McCraw, until I realized they may be paying homage to Condo's constantly shifting uniform. His first postboot micro, a formal look, changed colors (as did Condo himself!) every scene jump we did.

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe he was using his power on the pigmentation process of dyes in his clothing and in his skin?

It would be kind of a neat addition to him that he was *always* using his powers-- that he had to really concentrate to turn them completely off.

I'm glad you didn't do a zombiefied version from the 5YL book.

I always wished Grell had given him one of his skimpy costumes- at least for an issue or two. It would completely have made sense for him to go back to his fully-covered uniform, due to his personality. But if Imra would wear what she wore, I think *any* Legionnaire would show some skin.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe Condo could have saved the skimpy costume for
"sessions" with Lyle [Big Grin] Lyle was still alive during the beginning of the Grell era, right?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe Condo could have saved the skimpy costume for
"sessions" with Lyle [Big Grin] Lyle was still alive during the beginning of the Grell era, right?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.