Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy) (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy)
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooowww!
I'm going to love playing with these designs!
The Magic Wars costume has some wonderful 'bones' and I love all of the browns and tans.

You do such wonderful work, Future!
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Amazing work, as always. You have a great eye for detail, Future.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Submission 45: SHIKARI LONESTAR / Shikari
 -

Top Row: Kwai Society (x4) / U.P. Jacket / The Legion #3 Cover (Unused Costume)
Bottom Row: Legionnaire (x4) / Psi-Block Collar

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I was hoping you'd do Shikari soon after Dawnstarm, for comparison.

I loved Shikari's first looks, especially.
So simple and dramatic.
[Yes]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Yeah, there's something about Shikari's armor on the first look that looks great - especially with the shade of red she was often paired with.

I think her official Legion costume could have benefited from some exposed limbs. When she's armored up, it loses a lot of intimidation and impact in a full body suit. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the original intent with the gray of the Legion look (that it was flesh and not just her costume). I also wouldn't be surprised why they shied away from it. That's a lot of exposure.

I had fun making Shikari more than I had a few recent Legionnaires. Partly it was because I had never paid her as much mind so it was fun to finally learn all her little armor patterns and palettes. Another reason was because I did work on about 6 micros but got 11 out of it. [Wink]

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

[Yes]

I was thinking, and I wish that Coipel had shown the more ridged outline of the armor under her costume when she switched to that mode.
It would have been worth it visually, if he'd gone a little simpler on the armor itself and corseted the dress.

imo

I might try that sometime.
Maybe.
Should be easy using your base, as always.
[Hug]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Future
The Present is Past

Submission 46: BLOK
 -

Row One: Preboot / Perez Design / Giffen Design (x2) / Lightle Design / Magic Wars
Row Two: Retroboot / Five Year Gap / TMK / Postboot (JSA #51)
Row Three: Legends of Dead Earth / JLU Toon / Legion Toon / Superboy's Legion

Future
The Present is Past

Blok is missing his 'Black Witch'/DCNu redesign. Otherwise, most of his official looks are represented.
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Love these, especially the TMK version.
I was wondering though, why does he wear clothes at all?
Is it to define his gender or give him a place to put a belt?
[shrug]

Are you going to create the NCNu version?
That one will certainly be different.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Great work Future on the last pages!

Blok is always near the top of my list of favorite LSHers but he has never had a "good" costume.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ I disagree. I LOVE his Lightle classic. I even quite like the Retroboot hot-pants version of it.

The costume that stands out the most on that list, though, is the gladiator-esque second one. I wonder what his 'look' would have ended up being if Lightle had continued down that road, rather than the traditional super-hero one.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

I too love his Lightle costume and can easily understand why it's been the partial basis for all of his other costume adaptations since the end of the Preboot.

I also wish that Perez's gladitorial costume had actually made a presence in the books - it'd be interesting to see if Blok's character had gotten different play or motifs if that look had stuck. After all, Lightle's design is pretty much taking Blok's first and Giffen looks together and adding a few accessories. Without that costume in history, what would Blok look like now?

I'll be doing the DCNu version eventually. I'm not sure why I didn't make it, I just felt like publishing these yesterday. It'll give me something to actually micro of Blok when I lap back. Up next (someday) is Invisible Kid II.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The about the Perez costume is that it seems to change his whole personality. Definitely gives him a kind of slave-warrior vibe. Interesting.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Maybe a 'John Carter'(of Mars) look.
[Yes]

Which issue did the Perez look come from?
To make that look fly for long in the Legion, I think that the other costumes would have had to have changed as well.
It would have been the Legion of Swashbuckling Heroes!
[Smile]

PS - Looking at Shikari, I'm thinking that she and Blok would have made a striking couple, especially the versions with Blok's shoulder fissure thingys!

--------------------

Come, join me!

Future
The Present is Past

Candle, Blok's gladiator look was from one of George Perez's portraits of the Legionnaires he did roughly around the Great Darkness Saga. I can't quite recall if it made an official appearance in the book, so I included it anyway just to be safe.
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.