Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy) (Page 23)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy)
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, KK!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Submission 51: GANGLIOS / Tellus
 -

Top Row: Preboot / Helmet / Magic Wars / DCNu
Middle & Bottom Row: The Many Emotions of Tellus

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
nice stuff, as always!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
brilliant! just awesome!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Thanks, team! It's a great feeling to have Tellus done. He's probably one of the most detailed templates I've made from scratch. Like most artists I tend to nitpick, but with him I'm fairly proud of the end result.

I opted to use the 'Lightle' Tellus body, seeing as how he created the guy. I'm not a fan of Tellus standing on his hind legs with claw fingers anyway.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I especially love the emotional color displays.
[Yes]
I just wish that we knew what the different colors meant.
It seems like I remember reading something that Lightle wrote about them once.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Per Steve Lightle & Nightcrawler, Tellus' color nodules and other fun facts.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
some neat ideas there! My only quibble os that the emotion colors codes generally match our own culture's associations with color; these are cultural constructs that really are not universal (even between Earth's human populations). That aside, given that they are writing for us as an audience, they make sense.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Both Quislet and Tellus always seem so much cooler in Lightle's descriptions than they ever actually seem in the books.

Good job as always, Future!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Agreed. The potential for Tellus and Quislet was great. It's sad that a lot of the ideas got nixed right out of the gate (the color nodules, Quis having a physical body, etc).
Future
The Present is Past

Submission 52: BREK BANNIN / Polar Boy / Polar Man / Polar King
 -

First Row: Preboot / Flight Belt / Space Suit / 70s (x2) / Lightle Sub / Giffen Sub / Lightle Legion / Laroque Legion / Giffen Legion / Magic Wars
Second Row: Five Year Gap / Prisoner / "Mento" (x2) / Casual / Tartaras Legion (x3) / End of an Era (x2)

-

Third Row: Retroboot (x3) / In Bed / DCNu / Postboot / Postboot Cadet / Threeboot / Threeboot Guard
Fourth Row: Legion Animated / Adult Legion / Superboy's Legion / Knight Legion / Fairytale Legion

Future
The Present is Past

It's getting easier to churn out micros now because each posted character is some type of goal / accomplishment. With Tellus, I was excited to finish the most difficult template yet. With Polar Boy, there were a lot of milestones that would be reached.

First, Polar Boy marks the last of the Pre-Crisis full-time Legionnaires to do. That's a lot of Legion! He also marks the beginning of the Substitute Legion / Five Year Gap, which is a nice change in focus / color palettes for me. Lastly, he brings my total of Legion micros to over 900! Once the Subs are complete we should have over 1,000, as I (for whatever reason) have decided to be horribly thorough with all the looks for the Subs.

Next up is Night Girl! After her, it'll be the Subs followed by the rest of the Retroboot/DCNu members. The DCNu kids, being Academy grads mostly, will of course then lead into the rest of the Academy students and Five Year Gap members.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Whew!
This is one of my favorite Bits series, ever.
Thanks, Future.
[Hug]

And I love Brek's spikey hair.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I'm with Candle...always look forward to these! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Been a while since I have been here! These are looking AWESOME!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.