Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy) (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy)
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Submission 74: TAYLA SKOTT / Lamprey
 -

Outfits: LSH #272 / LSH #283 / Giffen / 80s / Retroboot / Glorithverse (x2)

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
80's Laurel Kent will always be my favorite. Poncho and a pageboy. Classic.

Grev's widow's peak sure did come and go, didn't it? I associate it with him, and didn't realize that it was something added in the 80's.

Funny how the decision to change Lamprey's face back to green in the Retroboot made it look like she's walking around naked all the time. Her appearance in Adventure (drawn by Jiminez) really made it look like she was stepping out of Power Boy's shower in the nude...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Submission 75: BERTA SKYE HARIS / Nightwind
 -

Outfits: LSH #272 (x2) / LSH #283 / Legion Academy / Larocque / Retroboot / Glorithverse (x2) / Postboot

Future
The Present is Past

Submission 76: DELYA CASTIL / Mentalla
 -

Outfits: Audition / Who Is Sensor Girl? / Statue

Future
The Present is Past

Submission 77: RHENT USTIN / Visi Lad
 -

Outfits: Preboot / Giffen / Retroboot / Glorithverse

Future
The Present is Past

Whew! That's just the first part of the Legion Academy micros! Other miscellaneous students, as well as their associates from the Glorithverse, Postboot, and DCNu are forthcoming.

I didn't feel like holding off and posting them all at once though, because I honestly have no idea when I'll be finished!

Lots of interesting details about these students. As you can see, a lot of their looks are just coloring errors or slight changes done artist to artist over the decades. Especially Grev, with his coloring and hairstyles as Set pointed out!

Despite the fact it does make her look naked, I like the Retroboot coloring of having Lamprey all in green. It harkens back to her original skin color, plus I think it looks less jarring than Caucasian flesh does against that look. I love the almost liquid/electric look her hair has now too!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome work as always!

Though... did you skip Grev's Super-Stalag outfit? I seem to recall him shirtless in that story.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Haha. I would skip Grev's first appearance. To the Archives I go!
Eryk Davis Ester

I'd totally forgotten a bunch of these, like Laurel's "Elna Kent, Superwoman" appearance. That was in Superman/Batman, right? What issue was that?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Grev has gotten his Super Stalag on! And Elna Kent is from Superman/Batman #80, I believe!
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, she was presented as the Superwoman of the 31st Century, next to Kent Shakespeare as Superman.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

And the Brane Taylor version of Batman!
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
And Tom Wayne as Robin, I think.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Yippe for an awesome job on the academy members! That's going above and beyond the call of duty.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Imo, ALL of Future's work is above and beyond just about anything I've seen for the Legion, anywhere.
He's amazing!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.