Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy)
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
That's funny, because I think of them as extremely simple in design!
All three have big, simple shapes and straight geometric lines - no capes, no underwear, no pads and little flesh or lots of colors.

The first is yellow, green and red.
Five is red and blue.
#6 is red and 2 shades of blue.
The white and black are kept to a minimum and serve as neutral accents.

I'm especially fond of costumes that look like cloth, too, not the painted on versions.

Interesting.

[ January 13, 2011, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Of Lu's costumes, which are vast, I like best the last of the reboot designs with the half skirt and white tights (#10 in the first row) and the much earlier purple and gold body suit that spits into the two colors (#4).

I really like her current/original one (last one in the second row), as well.
To update it a bit, I'd remove the cape and boots and give her gold full tights with the skirt in the front shortened and then, lengthen it in the back for a tapered look.
sigh

[ January 13, 2011, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

My three favorite looks for Tinya are her her Phase costume that she wore in .LEGION/.REBELS, her reboot outfit with the cape and 'white outside and black inside' body suit and finally, the Prime version of the pantsuit.

Those are the first row, #4, sort of, and #7 of the same row.
The last one is #1 in the second row.

I might try to update the looks using your basics, for some of my favorites, if you don't mind.

[ January 13, 2011, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

For Garth, third row, #s 1, 2 and 6.
I prefer Garth as kind of grungy, actually.

Imra, her currant look, #8 in the first row, and numbers 6 & 7 in the second row, although I really like her hair in the ponytail of #1 of the second row.
That was Primeboot, wasn't it?
I disliked that SG but liked the hair by Kitson.
I love the short hair she has now, though, too.
It just seems to fit her age and personality in the retroboot and she reminds me of Sam, whom I love, from SG1.

[ January 13, 2011, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

My favorite Rokk costumes are his current one, #6 in the first row, PrimeCos #1 of the second row and finally, #6 of row 2.
I really prefer Cos in purple and I like him to have the metal circles for weapons.

[ January 13, 2011, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
I might try to update the looks using your basics, for some of my favorites, if you don't mind.

I don't mind! I'd just ask that they be posted to another thread so I can keep this a proper archive.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Thank-you, so much!
I think that you use some sort of program for the basic figures, but the detail is incredible!

I work at 800% for everything but the sketches I do to begin a project, and boy, even MY eyes see the detail.

Beautiful work.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Brody27
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brody27           Edit/Delete Post     
My favorite Duo Damsel costumes are the Cockrum and Giffin ones. I love the split effect on both. Yellow is a good accent color with the purple and orange, and those boots are just great.
From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
neat!!! keep them coming...can't wait what you have on Chameleon Boy, Lyle Norg, and heh Supergirl!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
I work at 800% for everything but the sketches I do to begin a project, and boy, even MY eyes see the detail.

Beautiful work.

Thanks, Candle. Yeah, I put a lot of needless pixel layers in sometimes because I just think it helps make the colors and shadows pop better.

And while I'm completely Adobe product and Photoshop/Illustrator trained, I use oldschool MSPaint from like Windows98 to make these. True story! It's just the easiest for me to work with given the punitive subject matter.

Future
The Present is Past

Submission 07: REEP DAGGLE / Chameleon Boy / Chameleon

-

Top Row: Silver Age / 70s / 80s / Magic Wars / Retroboot / Retroboot (sleeve) / TMK Legion / SW6 / Arthur Legion

Bottom Row: Postboot Training / Postboot / Emerald / 40s Legion / Threeboot 1 / Threeboot 2 / Superman Animated / JLU Animated / Legion Animated / Superboy's Legion

[ January 15, 2011, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Future ]

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! The most diverse set yet!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I know all the eras you're pulling from, but there's a couple I'm not 100% on.

The looks that precede the "Legion of Super-Heroes" cartoon... are they from the "Superman" animated series?

And the ones that are almost an echo of the original look, with a couple minor variations (placed near the end of each of your postings) are they from the "Superboy's Legion" elseworld?

Again... great job!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

You got it, Exnihil! The bottom rows or last ones are typically the animated versions followed by Elseworlds. The ones you mentioned are indeed from the Superman and JLU cartoons with the final one being from Superboy's Legion.

Sometimes I jump the order of some of the Elseworlds around, specifically the Arthur Legion costumes like for Cham by moving it to after the Preboot/TMK/Retroboot, just to appease my sense of balance. I didn't want to create a third row for Cham just yet but I also didn't want the image so bottom-heavy or to split groups.

I'm strange like that!

Should I start including some type of labeling system?

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I'd appreciate labels, though I can figure most of them out.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.