Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy) (Page 30)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy)
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Eryk! I thought the "Silver Sword" design looked familiar, having re-read the Universo Project only a few days prior.

I also enjoy that, despite the fact he's never been named, there's a clear evolution for the unnamed gentleman with a beard in regard to his powerset and hair length. Could this be the rumored Wray Muntz, the unidentified mind-wipee with D. Spengler Bonita, who chooses to use his reality warping powers to augment his own mass? They're depicted as having some type of heated conversation in their first appearance, after all! Why shouldn't the fates keep them together?

I've also always wondered if the unnamed, purple brute was meant to be Power Boy. Jed was the only established Academy student missing from the LSH v3 #47 training shot I believe - the coloring was so similar it had me suspicious. The Retroboot has since established them as two separate characters.

[ December 08, 2012, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Future ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... I kind of like the idea of that character as Wray Muntz. Maybe his powers are basically that his physical appearance varies with his own self-image, or something. So, when he's really self-confident, he manifests as a He-man, but turns into a skinny wimp if his confidence is shattered?

I was also wondering if that might be Power Boy!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I love it. It could help explain how such a potentially powerful meta could be captured by the Dominators, should he have some type of fear of them or lowered esteem due to the collapse of the Legion once he was finally prepped for graduation.

It very well could have been Jed. Larocque was fairly consistent, including a lot of the previous Academy students he had designed later on like Westerner, Mandalla, "Spengler" and "Wray." He had that one-off Laurel Kent Superman costume homage he did, so bulking Power Boy back up to a bigger frame like in his first appearance seems a likely option.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I sound like a broken record but these are awesome Future! Great work including even random background students! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Future:
Submission 81: Skreaks
 -

Outfits: Pre-Audition / Legion Audition / Retroboot

Very cool! I always wondered what the 'Skreaks' powers were (other than levitation).

Cosmic Teams, IIRC, refers to them as 'Flotsam & Jetsam,' but I have no idea if that's just something the site owner made up on the spot instead of calling them 'floating fish-things.'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... I wonder if we could interpret their changing colors as Tellus's "mood ring" color changes to them?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Building off EDE's comment - what about an even more way out thought:

What if the color changing bumps on Tellus' back actually are an early-development stage of Skreaks? Like some sort of symbiotic relationship where embryonic Skreaks actually gestate on the backs of mature Hykraians?

Get Steve Lightle on the phone!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Your work is so good and people seem to appreciate this series, but I don't know if they understand that your work is much more complex than regular micros, since your templates are on an angle.
The angle means that the left and right sides aren't equal, since perspective comes into play and the arms are rounded at the shoulder.
The chests are also angled and defined with 'bulk'.

Regular micros don't have those roundings and angles, so they're identicle on each side as well as flat and just two dimensional.

The Byzantine style is almost impossible to do with all of their little flourishes and points, with your templates.
It just takes SOOOO much longer and is much more of a trial and error, mostly error, undertaking.
It's very frustrating.
[Frown]

But the attempt has made me even more appreciative of you gorgeous work.
[Yes]

[ December 29, 2012, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for letting us in on that Candlelight. I knew I had no real idea of the work involved having never tried doing these, but this gives me some idea.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Building off EDE's comment - what about an even more way out thought:

What if the color changing bumps on Tellus' back actually are an early-development stage of Skreaks? Like some sort of symbiotic relationship where embryonic Skreaks actually gestate on the backs of mature Hykraians?

Get Steve Lightle on the phone!

MY MIND.

IT IS BLOWN.
[Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.