Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Red Arrow's Vacation

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Red Arrow's Vacation
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow had been feeling different ever since she used the Soul Gem. It felt like there was some spirit guiding her actions, because her actions felt disjointed. She did not understand why she wanted to go on vacation except for one persistent thought:

Find the others.

So she packed her suitcase and left Legionworld. She decided to do some good and have alittle fun while she was on this quest. Red Arrow first stopped in what was once New York City and renewed her Hellfire Club membership. After that she went on a shopping excursion which caused the Soul Gem to ask, Is this really nessecary? "What?! Can't I have a life!", She wanted to throw it against the wall, but everyone in the store was looking at her by that point. Red Arrow sheepishly walked out of the store.

The Reality Gem is close by.

Red Arrow kept walking and came across a museum. It contained beautiful exhibits of archeological exhibits.I wish Question Kid were here, he would enjoy this. I wonder what he is up to now. Her favorite was the exhibit on Ancient Turkey, and the pamphlet said that Dr.Julian Richards would be giving a lecture on it today. That name sounded oddly familar to Red Arrow.

The Soul Gem, however, seemed to be bored and was directing her towards the Gem Hall. She smiled at its one-tract mind. Red Arrow paused at the rubies and wondered how much they cost. Her eyes wandered and a small yellow gem caught her eye.

That is the Reality Gem!

The Soul Gem's thoughts were so loud that Red Arrow covered her ears. She felt a light tap on her shouldar and looked up.

"Are you alright, Emily?" Julian Richards asked.

"Yes! It's just that gem is so wonderful. How much do you think--?" She pointed.

"Don't be silly, none of these are for sale. You can by a recreation in the gift shop," The archeologist smiled. "And give Sebastian these books when you next see him. Tell him to join me in Turkey when he gets the chance."

"Will do," Red Arrow smiled. The Soul Gem was gently nudging her towards the Reality Gem, but she knew it could not be stolen in broad daylight. They would have to come back later.

Red Arrow decided to head towards Colorado. She rented a small lodge and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. There she read stories to schoolchildren and helped them with science problems. This was a nice few days off until a flight to Japan opened. Like most street-levelers, Red Arrow had a thing for Japanese and Chinese culture.

Red Arrow stocked up on candy at the Sanrio store, as well as buying a Hello Kitty keychain. She was in a hurry to get to Osaka, but the Soul Gem told her to take a late train. Trust me. The Soul Gem guided her to building. There was a line of people waiting to get in.

"It's just a restaurant. You're scaring me Soul Gem," She said aloud. The Gem simply told her to look left. There was a house...and something did not feel right about it at all. She slowly walked in.

A man bumped into her. He said, "Emily I didn't expect to see you here."

"Xiao Long Bao*! What brings you to Japan?" She asked.

*= His name means soup dumpling

"To ask Watanuki** for the location of a rare herb. My mother is experimenting in a rediscovered form of medicine." He smiled. "So why are you here?"

**= Watanuki, Yuuko, Clow Reed, etc. are all CLAMP charactrers. All rights respected.

"I guess I will ask the true nature of this gem I wear," Red Arrow said.

The young man nodded and led her to Watanuki. This magician sells magic for a prize. He asked, "Emily. You have come a long way, so what do you desire?"

"I desire to know what the Soul Gem truly is." She said, taking the necklace off and showing it to him. One eyebrow went up, and then down. He tried to fain disinterest.

"That can be done. I won't ask for much payment, just a small amount to cover my time," Watanuki said. "I want all the recipes in Legionworld, including the ones in the Floating Castle."

Just then, Red Arrow's aura changed. Her eyes were filled with mystical power."You ask for too much. I will not endanger my mistress by exposing her to Zardi,"Her voice said. Only it was not her mind making those words.

"He will not hurt her, Soul Gem Spirit. At least not as much as you are right now, using her body as a host. Do you really want to go that route?" He asked.

"I will turn Red Arrow into the Vermillion Goddess of legendary prophecy if it means all six of us are back together. But I will let her make the choice as to whether or not to deal with you.

Red Arrow regained control, oblivious as to what just happened. "We have a deal." They signed a contract, and Watanuki began the ceremony...

After ten minutes of chanting in Japanese, the Soul Gem issued a pattern of white glowing light. Out of the light stepped out a greenish, faery-like being. It had wings like a moths and the face of human male.

Watanuki said, "This is the kami, the spirit of the Soul Gem. After millenium of being in contact with powerful beings the Soul Gems have became somewhat sentient. They want to be together, and the Soul Gem Spirit has picked you as the perfect mistress. You are apparently a link between multiple dimensions."

Then the magic ended and the spirit returned to the Soul Gem. Watanuki said, "I expect payment in the next two weeks. Go now."

Red Arrow was glad she got that train ticket to Osaka. Magic was beyound her understanding but down-to-earth Osaka was perfect. She enjoyed all the cuisine. She even stopped a couple of pickpockets. I love being a street-leveler. Red Arrow said as she was walking across the bridge.

She took the Soul Gem off her neck and threw it over the bridge...only for it to be stopped by glass. Apparently, people jumped in the river after baseball games so the city put up glass.

It will be okay, Red Arrow. I will not let anyone hurt you. It told her as she picked it back up and put it on her neck.
"Let's go home," She said.

THE END

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.