Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Matter-Eater Lad: The Series, Volume 2 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Matter-Eater Lad: The Series, Volume 2
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
MATTER-EATER LAD: THE SERIES, VOLUME 2

Matter-Eater Lad: The Series #1

PAGE ONE

Panel 1
<large passenger ship flying through space>
Caption: The 31st century. The space lanes between Earth and the Plastino Region. This ship is the Nova Express. Once the pride of the interstellar transportation infrastructure of the United Planets, she has seen better days.

Panel 2
<closing in on the ship>
Caption: Nonetheless, on this particular trip, the Nova Express sports a surprising number of important personages.

Panel 3
<A beautiful brunette surrounded by a variety of strange jewels from different worlds. The initials "T.S." are clearly visible on her bracelet.>
Caption: A jewelry heiress has rented out the entire fifteenth level for herself and her entourage.

Panel 4
<A man signing autographs for several attractive young female sentients>
Caption: Dr. Larx Kenrik, award-winning diplomat and sentient-rights activist, is on his way to give a lecture on the planet Touston.

Panel 5
<A strange bloblike creature with eyeballs and tentacles placed at seemingly random places on his body sit enjoying a drink with a beautiful young woman>
Caption: K'kvlak Plver, a brilliant surgeon and famed pupil of the renowned Dr. Zan Orbal, is on vacation and thrilled to meet the beautiful holo-actress, Harmonica Dadaesque.

Panel 6
<shot of a large number of sentients, of various species, in a food court>
Caption: But, dear reader, the star of our story may be found in the ship's dining area...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
PAGE 2

*large panel of Tenzil and others dining at a large table*

Caption: You may recognize him from his membership in the mighty, heroic Legion of Super-Heroes... his name: Tenzil Kem, but you and most others likely know him as-- Matter-Eater Lad, doer of good, devourer of evil!

*smaller panel of Tenzil biting into a plate*

Caption: As well as less-evil things.

But enough with these captions-- no amount of captions in the known galaxy could do justice to the dialogue, to the words of wisdom that must flow freely from so mighty a hero...

*smaller panel of Tenzil*

Tenzil: *Burps* This china is delicious!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
PAGE 3

Panel 1
<Waiter comes up to Tenzil>

Waiter: Er... excuse me sir. But when you ordered the Bismari Beef Pyramids, we... er... didn't expect you to eat the dishware as well...

Panel 2
<Tenzil turns to waiter, finishing off his fork>

Tenzil: Oh, sorry! On Bismoll, we only eat non-organics! I like to transition back while on my way home.

Panel 3
<tosses a bunch of Venusian walking money in the waiter's direction>

Tenzil: I think this should probably cover it!

Panel 4
<Attractive female sitting next to Tenzil, looks on admiringly>

Attractive female: So, you really singlehandedly saved your homeworld from Pulsar Stargrave?

Tenzil: Well, it wasn't exactly "single-handed". I did have help from the Legion of Substitute-Heroes...

Panel 5

Tenzil: But... if you want to hear a real story, let me tell you about the time I was nearly executed by Nardo...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 4

Panel 1

Caption: Tenzil wraps up his epic tale...

Tenzil: ...well, let's just say, it was the perfect ending to a heavy case, *chuckle*!

woman at table: Excuse me, Mr. Eater-Lad? Hi. I'm Elza Perkins, and may I say it is very nice to meet such a big hero!

Tenzil: Why, thank y--

Panel 2

Elza: Bismoll has been pretty dull since you left.

Tenzil: Oh, I doubt--

Panel 3

Elza: Now one thing I'm not is a busybody, Mr. Eater-Lad.

Tenzil: That's MATTER-eate--

Panel 4

Elza: I'm not a busybody and I don't run my mouth. I don't gossip, Mr. Eater-Lad. You believe me, don't you?

Tenzil: I gue--

Panel 5

Elza: But I can't help but wonder, why aren't you with the Legionnaires now, Mr. Eater-Lad? Did they kick you out? Were you caught in a sex-flap? Oh dear, I hope it wasn't a sex-flap... sex-flaps are so unsavory!

Tenzil: I can assure you there was no sex-fl--

Panel 6

Elza: Well? Everyone's waiting!! Tell us about the sex-flap!

Panel 7

*Tenzil puts his hand over Elza's mouth*

Tenzil: Sentients, I can assure you everything's fine. I just came off a rather long undercover mission, and needed some downtime--

EXPLOSION SOUND EFFECT

Panel 8

Tenzil: What in SPACE--!:?!?

Elza: Your hand smells funny!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 5

Panel 1
<focus on flashing red alarm light>
Alarm sound effects

Panel 2
<flying robot moves through the crowd>
Robot: Breep... Everyone remain calm... There is a slight... breep... situation that is under control... breep!

Panel 3
<Two security guards running through the dining hall>

Panel 4

Eyestalk alien: Eep! We're all doomed!

Panel 5

Elza: Heavens to Betelgeuse! I'm not one to meddle in the affairs of others, but don't you think you should check this out, Mr. Eater-Lad? I mean it might be...

Panel 6

Tenzil: You are completely correct, madam! This looks like a job for...

Panel 7
<Tenzil flying into action>

Tenzil: Matter-Eater Lad!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 6

Panel 1

*Tenzil turns away from Elza to face forward*

Tenzil: AWWWP!

Panel 2

*Tenzil collides with flying robot*

Robot: Breep! This unit not configured for unexpected aerial... Breep!

Panel 3

*Tenzil and robot on ground*

Robot: ...assault. Breep!

Panel 4

Tenzil: You alright, there, Widget?

Robot: This unit is Breep! ...undamaged.

Panel 5

Tenzil: Well come on, Widget, let's go see what this is all about, shall we?

Robot: Breep! This unit is programmed to promote Breep! ...calm during a mishap. Breep!

Panel 6

Tenzil: I suspect that would be beneficial for me, kick it into high gear, Widget!

Widget: *flying alongside Tenzil now* Breep! Remain calm, sentients! All will be Breep! ...well!

Panel 7

Elza, watching them fly off

Elza: One thing I'm not is a defeatist. Nosiree Bob, never have been, never will be. But those two are doomed!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 7

Panel 1

<Larx Kenrik and two of the female sentients who were asking for his autograph earlier>

Caption: On another deck...

Larx: So, you two want to come back to my quarters and have a look at my... peace trophy?

Panel 2

<Security officers come up to Larx>

Security Officer #1: Sir, there's been an incident. We need to get you to a secure location.

Larx: Eh... what sort of incident?

Panel 3

Security Officer #2: It's not clear, but it seems like the ship is under attack.

Panel 4

<Larx, to females>

Larx: It may be the Legion of Super-Villains. They once tried to assassinate me, you know? Why don't you to come with us. It'll be safer...

Panel 5

Security Officer #1: Sir, we really need to hurry...

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 8

Panel 1

Security Officer #2: Aargh!

Panel 2

<Security Officer #1 reaches for his gun to shoot back at the attackers>

Panel 3

<Security Officer #1's gun vanishes before he can grab it>

SO#1: What the--?

Panel 4

<Security Officer #1 is shot>

Panel 5

Larx: Stay behind me, ladies...

Panel 6

<Space-Pirate pointing his gun at Larx, body of Security Officer #1 can be seen, with his gun clearly visible>

Space-Pirate: I wouldn't try anything too heroic, Dr. Kendrik. Come with me, and you won't be harmed.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 9

Panel 1

caption: Elsewhere, meanwhile (or is that Meanwhile, elsewhere?)...

*Tenzil and Widget are flying towards the source of the explosion while panicked passengers flee in the opposite direction*

Widget: Breep! Sentients, calm yourselves! There is no reason for BREEP! ...hysteria!

Panel 2

Tenzil: I don't think they're buying what you're selling, Widge.

Widget: BREEP! They rarely do. It can be quite BREEP! ...aggravating.

Panel 3

Tenzil: Looks like the passengers have thinned out... check out that smoke billowing from around the corner! I'll make short work of that--!

Panel 4

*Tenzil swallowing smoke in his mouth*

Panel 5

Tenzil: That's improved visibility.

Widget: BREEP! This unit's sensors register hostile lifeforms moving toward us. Scan confirms presence of Resource Raiders, Sklarian Pirates and BREEP! ...Starburst Bandits.

Panel 6

Tenzil: Awwww, man--! What to do... what to do...

Widget: This unit recommends BREEP! ...panicking.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 10

Panel 1

Tenzil: Wait... aren't you programmed to promote calm?

Widget: As a BREEP!... rule, yes. However... BREEP!... this unit is not BREEP!... crazy.

Panel 2

Tenzil: Hmm... strange that you should be able to act contrary to your programming. We'll have to look into this later. In the meantime... I have a plan!

Panel 3

<Tenzil flies into the room full of assorted pirates>

Tenzil: Surrender, evildoers!

Panel 4

Sklarian: It's just one Legionnaire, take him out!

Panel 5

Tenzil (into flight ring): Okay, Ultra Boy! Hit 'em from behind!

Voice in ring: On my BREEP... way!

Panel 6

<Pirates turn...>

Panel 7

Caption: Matter-Eater Lad rapidly disables the guns of the distracted Starburst Bandits by biting vital components out of them at super-speed!

Panel 8

<The lead Sklarian pirate has turned back around and fires a shot dangerously close to Tenzil>

Tenzil: Okay, time for Plan B!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 11

Panel 1

*Tenzil dodges more Sklarian blaster-shots*

Tenzil: I'd better come up with that plan quickly--!

Panel 2

*Widget dodging Starburst Bandit blasts*

Widget: This unit IS configured to respond to BREEP! ...expected aerial assault.

Panel 3

*Widget expels foam-substance*

Widget: This unit is also programmed to defend BREEP! ...itself and for extreme crowd control. Deploying comafoam. BREEP!

Panel 4

*Starburst Bandits collapse, covered in comafoam*

Panel 5

Tenzil: Not bad, Widge! Now it's my turn...

Sklarian: Die, foolish Bismollian! *fires blaster*

Panel 6

*Tenzil swallowing energy blast!*

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 12

Panel 1

<Lead Sklarian's communicator buzzes, Tenzil can be seen in background of each panel, taking down pirates>

Voice on Communicator: Bzzt... Brila, the red and blue squads have acquired their targets. Is your team about finished?

Panel 2

Lead Sklarian: We've... encountered an unexpected obstacle. A Legionnaire...

Panel 3

Voice: Probably best to abort. The Spiffany heir is valuable, but we don't want you captured.

Panel 4

<Tossing canister>

Lead Sklarian: As you say, my love!

Panel 5

<Canister releases a huge amount of colored gas>

Panel 6

<Tenzil swallowing gas>

Tenzil: Hmm... they seem to have retreated. Now let's try to figure out what... or who they were after.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 13

Panel 1

*Elza approaches*

Elza: Planet's sake! I was certain your klanth was cooked, Mr. Eater-Lad. I'm glad you're okay! Now, we should probably discuss why your hand smells so odd...

Tenzil: *sniffing hand* I'm pretty sure my hands don't smell any odder than anyone else's...

Widjet: BREEP! This unit must point out that the effects of comafoam are... BREEP!

Panel 2

caption, finishing Widget's sentence: ...temporary. BREEP!

*Starburst bandits waking up*

Panel 3

Tenzil, to bandit: Wakey, wakey, space-eggs and bakey!

Bandit 1: The Mad Bismollian!

Bandit 2: He will eat our souls!

Panel 4

Tenzil: I'm pretty sure you must have me confused with Mordru--

Panel 5

*ducks a zap from a bandit*

Tenzil: Yellp!

Panel 6

Widget: Here we go BREEP! ...again.

Elza: I'm not one to brag, noway nohow, but you didn't have MY help before! H-Elza popping!

*Elza leaping into battle*

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*sigh* This was going so cutely...

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
More... more... more! I'm eating it up. [Matter Eater Lad]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.