Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Matter-Eater Lad: The Series, Volume 2 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Matter-Eater Lad: The Series, Volume 2
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I just coughed a mouthful of tea over my keyboard as I was laughing so hard at "Your hand smells funny!"

Absolutely fang-tastic! More, more, more! Please!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you guys, so much for the encouraging words! I'd hop back on the MEL:TS train in a second, but not without my esteemed, handsome and talented co-writer!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... well, *if* there's a demand...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I was MEL:TS's biggest fan back from way back! And I totally DEMAND its return!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 14

Panel 1

*Elza wops a Starburst Bandit on the head with her space-purse*

Elza: Take that, young man! Why, back in my day, I used to take down space-pirates tougher than you every day before breakfast...

Panel 2

*Tenzil flies into Elza, knocking her out of the way of blaster fire*

Tenzil: Watch out, ma'am!

Panel 3

Widget: BREEP!... This unit is calling for BREEP!.... assistance!

Panel 4

*Tenzil picks up fallen Bandit's weapon*

Tenzil: Hmm... let's just set this baby on "stun"...

Panel 5

*Tenzil blasts one of the Starbust Bandits*

Tenzil: Stay down, Mrs. Perkins...

Panel 6

*Tenzil hits another Starburst Bandit with a flying kick, while blasting another one and dodging blaster fire from a third*

Panel 7

Elza: I'm not exactly helpless over here, Mr. Eater Lad...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Oh how delightful-!! Can MEL:TS really be back?!?!

PAGE 15

Panel 1

*Elza, Tenzil and Widget form a semicircle, looking all tough and stuff in "ready to fight mode" as remaining pirate aliens surround them*

Elza: This will be my GREATEST battle--!!

Tenzil: Just how many times have you battled--??

Elza: Let's just say, I was giving evildoers heartburn back in the 2940s! And we had to do it without fancy-schmancy flight rings and such!

Tenzil: "We"?

caption: Tenzil's inquiries will have to wait, as he, Elza and Widget --despite having only just met-- engage in a fourth-dimensional-ballet of battle, taking down pirate aliens with elegance usually reserved for fancy-schmancy dance recitals of space!

*^A couple of various fight panels showing this*

Next Panel

caption: And when all is said and done...

Elza: Well. That's that, Mr. Eater-Lad!

Tenzil: Nice work, Mrs. Perkins... Dare I say, you're Legion material!

Elza: *chuckle* Well, I would hope so...! But I've said too much already-- which is really odd, because one thing I've never been is a blabberpuss, nosiree Bob!

Widget: BREEP! This unit is being informed that BREEP! ...the Science Police have arrived!

Tenzil: *rolling eyes* The sci-cops... Right on time, as usual. Well, let's meet up with them and see if we can't get this plot-pace picked up a bit!

Elza: *to Widget* "Plot-pace"?

Widget: BREEP! I suspect that is some sort of BREEP! fancy-schmancy Legion codeword.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 16

Panel 1

*Several Sci-Cops burst into the room*

Sci-Cop Commander: Everybody freeze!

Panel 2

*Our heroes raise their hands*

Tenzil: It's okay, sir! We've got everything under control!

Panel 3

Sci-Cop Commander: Oh, Legionnaire, I didn't recognize you at first...

Panel 4

*Sci-Cop Commander takes off helmet to reveal...*

Tenzil: Shvaughn Erin! And I thought you were a man!

Panel 5

Shvaughn: Wha...

Tenzil: Those Sci-Cop outfits sure do disguise your gender, don't they?

Panel 6

Shvaughn: Er... yes. Now, what happened here?

Panel 7

caption: After Tenzil explains, with many interjections by Elza Perkins...

Shvaughn: Hmm... apparently you surprised them before they could complete their mission, but they still managed to take Dr. Larx Kendrik hostage...

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 17

Panel 1

Tenzil: Hmm. While it's certainly terrible that anyone was taken hostage, perhaps now would be a good time for a flashback sequence or cutaway scene of some sort so that readers can be informed why they should particularly care about this Larx Kendrik fellow!

Elza: I'm a bit curious about him myself.

Widget: This unit is not programmed for BREEP curiosity.

Panel 2

Shvaughn: Well, I'm not sure what exactly these "readers" are you are referring to, but as for Dr. Kendrik...

Panel 3

*LOUD EXPLOSION* startles the gang

Panel 4

Elza: Oh my space-stars!! That was louder than that time Vocal Queen got the hiccups back in 2950-- but I've said too much!! Which is really unlike me, of course...

Shvaughn: What WAS that?

Tenzil: Surely not one of the co-writers vamping for time?

Widget: Who is BREEP Shirley?

Panel 5

*random sci-cop approaches*

Sci-Cop: One of the fourth-dimensional-engines blew, nothing to worry about... you should resume the conversation you were having prior to the explosion!

Tenzil: Just in time for the next page!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 18

Panel 1

Shvaughn: Larx Kendrik was a bigtime U.P. diplomat back in the day...

Tenzil: Should we be worried about that explosion?

Panel 2

Shvaughn: The Legion of Super-Villains once tried to assassinate him by disguising a bomb as a trophy he was supposed to be receiving...*

Editor's Note: This all happened in Superboy #208, as longtime Legion readers will remember!

Panel 3

Shvaughn: He's been pretty much living off his fame and celebrity these past few years, I'm not sure why anyone would want to kidnap him...

Panel 4

Ezra: Wait just one sec there, honey... I don't mean to butt in or tell you your business or anything, but are you sure that fellow your describing is named "Kendrick"? Because that sounds a lot like that "Larx Kenrick" fellow who has been featured in the 4D tabloids lately...

Panel 5

*Shvaughn checks her portable computer panel*

Shvaughn: Hmm... let me check. Ah... it appears as though it is difficult to transliterate his name from his native language into Interlac, and that both "Kendrick" and "Kenrick" are valid versions...*

Editor's Note: Sheesh! I bet the main Legion book never has a problem with characters suddenly changing names from one panel to the next...

Panel 6

Caption: Oh, and speaking of the main Legion book...

*Our cast suddenly are disturbed and clutch their heads in agony*

Shvaughn: What is that?

Elza: It's like the death scream of an entire planet, mentally projected throughout space!*

Editor's Note: Check out Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 6, #1 for full details!

Panel 7

Tenzil: So, should we be worried about *that*?

[ October 26, 2012, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 19

Panel 1

Widget: If only this unit were BREEP programmed for dispensing of space-headache remedies BREEP!

Tenzil: I didn't know you cared, Widge!

Widget: This unit BREEP appears to be BREEP evolving.

Panel 2

Tenzil: What I'm really curious about is how that panel involving our head-distress and its caption firmly places our continuity in the pre-New 52 continuity instead of the more recent "nottaboot" or, as it is more commonly known, the post-Flashpoint continuity. Does this make us NOT a part of the new 52? And does it mean our page count is now 20 instead of 22?

Elza: You certainly do like to hear yourself talk, don't you, Mr. Eater-Lad?

Panel 3

Tenzil: Well, it's just that if our page count IS 20 now, I have a feeling something totes space-cray-cray is going to happen very shortly because this is page 19, and we will want to hook the readers with a cliffhanger to bring them back next issue.

Shvaughn: *sigh* Thought balloon: No wonder they keep kicking him out of the Legion! Jan was right, he's nuttier than Winath crunch pudding.

Panel 4

Widget: BREEP! This unit is receiving a communication of some sort BREEP!

Elza: Planet's sake!

Tenzil: What's the haps, Widge?

Panel 5

Widget: No- BREEP! Not BREEP ---THAT! BREEP! ANYthing but BREEP --THAT! BREEE-EEEP!

Tenzil: Uh oh... this doesn't sound good!

[ October 27, 2012, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 20

(smallish panel at top of page)

Widget: Oh, it isn't good at all-- this unit's voice chip has been damaged by smoke... this unit has only one BREEP left... and there it was.

Tenzil: Oh... umm, sorry about that?

Widget: It will be okay...

Elza: *pointing* Oh my stars and nebulae!! Is that another space-pirate??

(rest-of-page panel)

Woman: Pirate? Nonsense, sentient!! I am here to assist the authorities in any way possible-- I... E. Dayvii Ester-- CALAMITY QUEEN!

Elza: Planet's sake!!

Tenzil: Jumping fishooks!

Widget: BROOP!

NEXT ISSUE: Assuming there IS one... WHO IS-- WHAT IS-- CALAMITY QUEEN?!?!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Matter-Eater Lad: The Series #2

PAGE 1

Panel 1

Narration: In the last issue of Matter-Eater Lad, our hero made new friends!

*Pic of Elza and Widget, with name captions...*

Panel 2

Narration: Pirates attacked!

*Shows battle with pirates*

Panel 3

Narration: 4D engines exploded!

*Shows explosion

Panel 4

Narration:

Narration: We briefly acknowledge the events of the main book...

*Shows head-clutching scene*

Panel 5

Narration: Tenzil got all meta!

Tenzil: panel... continuity... Nottaboot... new-52...

Panel 6

Narration: And a new castmember emerged on the scene!

*Characters looking all startled*

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 2

Panel 1

*Half-page splash*

"Calamity Queen": It is I... E. Dayvii Ester... CALAMITY QUEEN!

Panel 2

Calamity Queen walks towards our heroes...

Tenzil: Jumping fishhooks!

Panel 3

*Calamity Queen trips and falls over debris and stuff!*

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 3

Panel 1

Elsa: Heavens to Betelgeuse! Are you okay? You look like you took quite a spill there, missy! I don't mean to meddle in you business or anything, but you really should take care to look where you're going!

Panel 2

Widget: BIP!

Tenzil (helping CQ up): Hmm...Calamity King is an old friend of mine... we once saved the planet Koobar together! Don't tell me you've come down with a case of the Grandin Gender-Reversal germs, old pal!

Panel 3

Calamity Queen: Er... no. I am not him. But I prefer to keep any information about myself a secret at the moment! Sorry about those 4D engines, by the way! Sometimes I have a little difficulty controlling my powers!

Panel 4

Shvaughn: Well, I find it suspicious that you're not included on the flight manifest at all. But we'll deal with you when we get to Bismoll. Right now, I need to go interview one of the passengers who was apparently one of the targets of the pirates. You guys can come with, if you like.

Panel 5

Tenzil: Sure, why not?

Elza: I'm always up for making new acquaintances!

Widget: BUP... this unit will submit itself for repairs...

Panel 6

caption: Soon...

<panel shows Shvaughn, with Tenz, Elza, and Calamity Queen in tow, knocking on the door that reads "Spiffany">

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 4

Panel 1

*door opens, and standing there is none other than LESTER SPIFFANY!*

Lester: What's the meaning of this? What were all those explosions and stuff? I-- LESTER SPIFFANY-- DEMAND ANSWERS!

Panel 2

Tenzil: Lester-!!! It's me, Tenzil!

Lester: I've never seen you before in my life, I would never associate with anyone wearing such garish fashions!

Panel 3

Elza: Oh my! How embarrassing for you, Mr. Eater-Lad!

Tenzil's thoughts: Hopping Hannah! I totally forgot that Matter-Eater Lad: The Series Volume 1 was set in post-boot continuity! The Lester Spiffany of whatever continuity this is has no previous relationship with me!

Lester: WELL? Are you just going to stand there staring blankly, or am I going to get my answers??

Voice from cabin: Settle down, Lester...

Panel 4

Tiffany Spiffany: ...don't you recognize a famous Legionnaire when you see one?

Panel 5

Lester: (outraged) **SPUTTER** LEGIONNIARE?!?! BAH!

Panel 6

Shvaughn: Tiffany Spiffany?

Tiffany: Yes indeed, Officer. I heard that there was some dreadful attempt to highjack the ship!

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.