Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Power Boy's Sketch Book. (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Power Boy's Sketch Book.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I sketch like crazy but, I'm trying to get in the hang of doing more refined work again ... and i've been inspired by LW lately SO ...

Since Future requested one (sort of)

-

I imagined his screen name was a play off of the book 'the once and future king.

< btw this is just my version of the name .. what i was thinking of to do the sketch ... it might not coincide with Future King's idea of his character/screen name>

so ... i made his outfit like a knights ... but a bit more alien and futuristic. <he's got the space suit esque collar> the logo on his chest is a serpent biting it's tale .... a little different from the usual hourglass or clock to symbolize time. I thought if he were from the future he's be a alien looking, elongated, and icy because the stars at the end of time will be cold. Originally i thought he might be shadowed by alternate timeline personas, or shades of alternate futures ... which got turned into a 'time cloak' of stars and a window to other realities. Also, his face is obscured because you can't know the future <ha ha>

my imaginary version of this name is that he's like the spectre or the question ... a bit more big time and abstract than the mainstream super heroes.

here's the quick concept sketch i did to start ...

-

[ April 01, 2011, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
And I've been working on Power Boy's costume for e v e r.

-

.. and his hair looks a lot bigger on screen. ?

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think it's bad, I grew up watching Digimon and other anime and it seems typical to me.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Love the PB costume!

And the ouroboros (snake eating own tail) is a really cool touch on Future King's costume.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Power Boy, I have one little request.

Please post more of these.

I love these, they are awesome, and that pic you did of Red Bee's assault, I loved it.

These are great!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tempest:

I love these, they are awesome, and that pic you did of Red Bee's assault, I loved it.

Yes! That belongs here, as well, if I can be so bold:

-

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
very cool, peebs!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

thanks everybody!!

[Big Grin]

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I love future king, especially the worm's eye perspective.
The bottom of his feet are so cool!
His hair and the shadows and cape.
Actually, everything about your concept and execution in that picture is wonderful.

I'd love to see a background setting to match.
Thanks for sharing your work.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
Wahoo! More sketches and character designs. Thanks for jumping into the ring, PB.

I especially would love to see more of Future King and his "time cloak". The imagery possibilities!

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
And I've been working on Power Boy's costume for e v e r.

-

.. and his hair looks a lot bigger on screen. ?

This might sound weird, but this reminds me of Martin Nodell's art.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Missed this on the first go round. Good stuff, PB... love the "Bee Battle".

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Latest for the Dark Oval story.

<I just realized I forgot to give Sharky an awesome Shark Fin Mohawk! oh well next time>

This ones on newsprint and I had to photograph it cause my scanner is not working. so It turned out a bit dark.

-

This is Titus, an uber villain trailing the LMB, who are travelling via merchant ship. Power Boy has just arrived to give the LMB very bad news. Here he's meeting Shark Lad, Lolita, and Time Teller Lad.

[Big Grin]

[ April 23, 2011, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome, PB!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

First draft for a map of UP/Dark Oval space for the Dark oval Novella

-

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.